[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which books should I read to my newborn son if I want him to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 750x750
Which books should I read to my newborn son if I want him to grow up to become patrician?
>>
>>7512467
play Shakespeare audio around the clock and while he sleeps every night

but you don't want him to become a poofa so from 5-16 make sure he plays sports and trucks. at age 17 you tell him he is a patrician warrior, the one Dave Wallace promised
>>
Make him read Ulysses as soon as they cut the cord
If he can't, he's beyond all hope
>>
My diary, desu
>>
Make him read the Trial at 7 or so

If he can't push through, he 'll remain a pleb forever
>>
>>7513414
Is that supposed to be a difficult read?
>>
When he's a toddler, read him books meant for toddlers; it's more important that he learns to read than become your wish fulfillment.
>>
>>7513419
For a 7 year old it would be decently challenging.
>>
>>7512467
Teach him homeric Greek, Latin, French and either German or Russian once he is born
>>
Related question: How should you raise your child if you want him to have a shot at becoming the overman?
>>
do you need to even ask?
the greeks
not even memeing
>>
>>7513461
agreed. don't try to be too pretentious and make them deconstruct Aeschylus, but just try telling them some tales. It will help enormously with understanding literary elements and archetypal plot schemes for future reads.
>>
>reproducing
Benatar's Better Never To Have Been
>>
You shouldn't begin reading books until age 25. From 5 to 18, you should learn math and sciences. From 19 to 21, they should exercise and become an ideal man. For the next four years, they should join the army. Literature and philosophy is not meant for young minds. It is at 25, when they've become a patriotic and intelligent young man that they shall begin with the Greeks.
>>
Here are my recommendations:

Fables of Aesop (this should be read first)
Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
Lord of the Flies by William Golding
One-Thousand and One Nights

and of course key passages from the Bible.
>>
>>7513501
>no higher thinking before 25, only STEM which is hardly applicable to more important things
> no physical exercise during the growing phase
Basically you want him to turn into a video game-playing autistic fat limp-wristed drone and then attempt to undo it all when its almost too late
great job dad
>>
>>7513601
>only STEM which is hardly applicable to more important things
LOL
>>
>>7513603
STEM is largely irrelevant in practical application for people outside STEM related fields, i.e. for the majority of people.
>>
>>7513501

>don't start exercising until 19

Are you fucking serious you troglodyte

>at 25 when they've become a patriotic and intelligent YOUNG man

How would they be intelligent at all following your regime?
Holy shit I know this is b8 but my bones got hustled
>>
gtfo natalist scum
>>
>>7513603
Dawkins, Hawkins, two incredibly intelligent, accomplished and educated morons.
>>
>>7513501
Greek city-state/10
>>
>>7513501
Trying to meta spookPost ft. the greeks real well anon

I laughed irl
>>
File: 1450985525101.jpg (211 KB, 600x530) Image search: [Google]
1450985525101.jpg
211 KB, 600x530
>>7512467
There's nothing you can do OP. The outside influences are too strong for you to fight. He's going to be bombarded by instant gratification the moment he exists the womb and you forcing him to read will only make him resent you. Read to him for as long as you can and hope for the best. Good fucking luck jeez.
>>
>>7513451
>Teach him dead or dying languages
lol
>>
>>7513790
>implying that doesnt make the language even more patrician
>>
>>7512467
Start with Bill Pete, then move onto C.S. Lewis.
From there, the world's your oyster
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.