[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Impossible Isolation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 555555.jpg (159 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
555555.jpg
159 KB, 1600x1200
You wake up

Its a typical desert island scenario

You get to pick the complete works of any three authors to read while you stay there

In addition you also get to pick one author and one philosopher to stay with you to help pass up the time. They will bring along unlimited amount of their favorite food for you to eat.
>>
dostoyevsky for profound shit
pynchon for complex and involving shit
elmore leonard for fun readable shit

no idea who i'd want to hang out with though. i don't pay much attention to what authors are like irl
>>
Bible
Chrétien de Troyes for adventures
Denis the Carthusian to contemplate and hate perfidiam Mahometi
>>
>pick Diogenes the Cynic as your philosopher
>the food sucks
>>
>>7509956
Marx, Engels
The British State
The Soviet State
The Chinese State

Hooray for corporate authors
>>
>>7509956
Complete works of Plato is all I need. You can literally read it a hundred times and still get something out of it. But it only works if you like philosophizing about everything
>>
>>7509956
that island is not tropical; it looks nothing like that
>>
File: island.png (747 KB, 1101x898) Image search: [Google]
island.png
747 KB, 1101x898
>>7509956
My company with their favourite food. I don't smoke ...yet
Three authors: Plato, Dostoevsky, Sartre
>>
dfw
joyce
pychon

odysseus, if he counts as a philospher
if he doesnt than tom hanks
>>
>>7510125
Camus looks like Tyler Durden in this picture, fucking ayy lmao.
>>
>>7509956
Dostoyevsky
Proust
Kafka

Byron, Foucault.
>>
File: fight-club.png (1 MB, 867x669) Image search: [Google]
fight-club.png
1 MB, 867x669
>>7510273
Wow, you're absolutely right. Haha.
>>
>>7509956
>You get to pick the complete works of any three authors to read while you stay there
Dostoyevsky
Borges
Lem
>In addition you also get to pick one author and one philosopher to stay with you to help pass up the time. They will bring along unlimited amount of their favorite food for you to eat
DFW
Kierkegaard
I think the three of us would keep each other company well and find some peace together from the commotion of society. Maybe Wallace could find a sense of purpose in giving K and me tennis lessons, and we could encourage K's hobbies too. Maybe Wallace and I could act out scenes from M*A*S*H and see whether K enjoys them. I'm not much of a soda drinker, but I wouldn't mind an occasional Mr. Pibb from Wallace, and maybe K would enjoy some too. I would just want them to be fairly happy and at peace.
>>
>>7509956
Idk, one would be Homer because five of the seven texts of the epic are lost. And if I'm lost then I should read those because reasons.
>>
Clarice Lispector and Simone de Beauvoir because I have needs.

The works of God (ie Bible and Quran), Shakespeare and Plato.

It is like you are not even trying.
>>
>>7509956
>the complete works of any three authors

plato
kierkeegard
shakespeare
>>
>Shakespeare
>Yeats
>Tolstoy

good for quality and amount of content

and I want to chill with Sylvia Plath and Soren Kierkegaard, even though Kierk'll probably judge me pretty severely when I'm banging it out with Plath not for the sake of reproduction. whatevs tho
>>
Dostoyevsky
Balzac
Shakespeare

Shakespeare and Aristotle
>>
aye bros... idk if many of you have done any rereads of dostoevsky's novels but they aren't so good the second time around, very unfortunately.

you'd deeply regret your dostoevsky decision a few months in :(

i haven't reread brotherskaramazov yet because i'm scared to not like it
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.