[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Words are the fundamental bricks of language. What is your most
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
File: laughing swedish whores.jpg (100 KB, 636x477) Image search: [Google]
laughing swedish whores.jpg
100 KB, 636x477
Words are the fundamental bricks of language.

What is your most favorite word and your most hated word? Any reason why?
>>
File: 1443638354019.jpg (44 KB, 599x599) Image search: [Google]
1443638354019.jpg
44 KB, 599x599
favorite: ayylmao
hated: (inb4 colloquialisms don't count) yas

Reasoning:
1. Ayyyyyyyyyy
2. Jesus Christ.
>>
This thread is stupid
>>
>inb4 you're a pleb so you hate "moist"
>>
To answer my own question:
>Most favorite: Arthroophthalmopathy
>Most hated: Limpid

Arthroophthalmopathy is just a nice tasting word that's fun to say even though I never have a reason or opportunity to use it. Limpid is just a horrible-sounding word that never represented the sort of sounds that I associate with the definition. It sounds like your tongue was replaced with a floppy, half-dead slug.
>>
>>7507461
I am trans-ayylmao. You may laugh at such a claim, but when you carefully consider the modern ayylmao narrative, the reasons for my decision are clear. What are the characteristics of ayylmaos as popularly understood by man? They are sexless, gangly, large-headed, indistinguishable via outward body features. Their faces consist of nebulous eyes and diminutive slit-mouths. They communicate through telepathy--they are truly divorced from all the problems we humans try to mask with logocentrism. The ayylmao CAN directly communicate the platonic ideal. The ayylmao is not bound by impurities and ambiguities native to verbal simulacra.
The ayylmao, in its sexlessness, is free from any biological imperative clouding its judgment. It interacts with other ayylmaos in contexts devoid of sexual pathos. The ayylmao does not know race, it does not know nationality. Any conflict between ayylmaos--if such conflicts do exist--is predicated on pragmatism. The ayylmao does not suffer existential angst, it does not suffer sexual frustration, it does not suffer prejudice. Ayylmaos simply work together like a synchronized machine to push ever forward the gradient of scientific progress and inquiry. The ayylmao does not come to earth for pain or pleasure, but to know. The ayylmao is not bound by group identities like ‘Anglophile’ or ‘Pedophile’. The only desire known by an ayylmao is Epistemophilia.
Consider, despite the fear society has marred ayylmaos with--the totalizing necessitation that they are villains, demon-like monsters, aliens-- they represent a humanity in sublime transcendence of vice, left only with virtue. The grey man in the spacecraft does not worry about socioeconomic inequality or fear street violence. It does not fear rape, it does not have children in need of protection. The ayylmao is a perfect organism.
You may protest that in the ayylmao’s lack of human problems it lives a life with no free-will, no imperatives, and no pain with which it can, through juxtaposition, find contentment.
>>
File: me in my room.png (87 KB, 400x262) Image search: [Google]
me in my room.png
87 KB, 400x262
On the contrary, one must look at what the ayylmao does with its time: it whizzes through our night skies, hovers over our architectural achievements, cruises past endless meadows and canyons and forests and waterfalls, seemingly unbound by physical laws of aerodynamics or fuel necessity. The ayylmao, in tacit introspection, drinks every fold of Earth, knowing its purpose, and yet absolutely free. When the ayylmao runs across the road in a flyover state on a drowsy twilight, passing in front of that retired police officer and disappearing into a cornfield, using its powers to make sure the photo he took comes out blank, it knows exactly what it’s doing. It relishes in its existence, while its human counterpart works long hours to sit in a house and hope another spousal argument doesn’t break out. While the human pats himself on the back for climbing the mountain in his singular vacation week, the ayylmao, with a twinkle in its eye, stands atop the mountain every day--atop every mountain, every day. The ayylmao is the mountain.
So yes. I am thin, I am silent. I want to sail the solar winds, crawl weightless through the night sky. I want to shine lights on cities, and know the whispers of our elementary particles. I want to see in ultraviolet, hear the hum of quantum foam. I want to be indulgent, but free of sin. I am a trans-ayylmao, and I am proud.

Please note that I prefer the term to be pronounced in three syllables, following:

eye-luh-moe

As if you were saying ‘Alamo’ with a hard ‘eye’ sound for the first letter.
>>
File: image.png (223 KB, 445x476) Image search: [Google]
image.png
223 KB, 445x476
Favorite words: amorphous
Least favorite: banal. Only because I thought it was pronounced like anal (baynel) for a long time. When I heard the correct pronunciation I was really disappointed, who the fuck would consciously say ban-al? It just doesn't sound right, it's sound awkward and clumsy as opposed to the sharp (but faulty) anal interpretation
>>
>>7507455
>What is your most favorite word and your most hated word?
favorites: hello, yes, please, thanks, sorry, forgive
least: pleb etc.
>Any reason why?
favorites: they're the basis for establishing, strengthening, and fulfilling relationships
least: they're the opposite
>>
>>7507472
I've noticed that's a common one around younger people. Was it pointed out on a show or something? I can't think of too many other mundane non-slang words that have the collective public perception on them shift in the course of a few years.
>>
File: 2233RR00.png (102 KB, 248x278) Image search: [Google]
2233RR00.png
102 KB, 248x278
>>7507476
>>7507478
reconcile ayylmao narrative with the dogmatic principles of memological networks desufam
>>
>>7507480
Dude banals pronunciation is god awful
What is that about
>>
>>7507518
It just kind of happened collectively, I think it started on tumblr or something, but it's not a meme or a reference or anything like that. People just started deciding that that was their least favourite word.
>>
>>7507455
lovelovelov:3 like
hatehatehat3: like

Overused meme word, but there's just something I like about it.
>>
File: 1450982768789.png (386 KB, 519x533) Image search: [Google]
1450982768789.png
386 KB, 519x533
>>7507478
>>7507476
dats bretty gud
>>
>unqt swedish whores
why.jpg
>>
>>7507659
3============================>
>>
Personally I quite like the word "moist". It has pleasant connotations.
>>
>>7507710
Moist cake, moister cunts?
>>
>>7507712
Both good things to sink your extremities into.

As much as I like to get my dick wet, there are few greater tactile pleasures in life than the inside of a wet cunt, or failing that, inside a girl's cheek, on your fingers.
>>
Phonemes are like bricks, words are like buildings, grammar like a city, language like a country, and semiotics like the state religion.
>>
>>7507742
Good point.
>>
>>7507742
Linguistics is law that all good citizens must abide by.
>>
Favorite: Superior (self explanatory)
Least favorite: Society (turned into a meaningless buzzword for every starbucks philosopher)
>>
>>7507518
ur moist senpai

>>7507644
it's actually london slang for someone who is a pussy, i suppose moist vagina is where it came from or something like that. Or being wet, wet was an old one
>>
Persnickety came to mind.

Also: tintinnabulation. I'm always looking for an excuse to use it (like my wiener).

As for deplorable words: there is none. Every word has its appropriate context. Even bootylicious and tang.
>>
>>7507742
23-skidoo, I agree with you.
>>
>favorite
Effervescence. Cool to spell and say.

>worst
Crummy, chunky, really any adjective that ends in y. I don't know why, they just sound so juvenile.
>>
File: godzillabridge.jpg (34 KB, 400x289) Image search: [Google]
godzillabridge.jpg
34 KB, 400x289
>>
>>7507863
>juvenile
Probably because -y is often used as a diminutive.
>>
English plurals are fucking disgusting.

>persons
Just shoot me in the fucking face
>>
>>7507906
You mean "people".
>>
>>7507906
People is far more common. I can't recall the last time I saw person pluralized as persons rather than people.
>>
>>7507476
>mfw someone quotes Hypersphere
>mfw no face
>>
Like: fond
Dislike: fondle

Reasoning: just coz
>>
>>7507906
nobody uses persons unless they're trying to seem extra official
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.