[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw actuality can never exceed the experience you've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: unnamed (9).jpg (33 KB, 470x313) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (9).jpg
33 KB, 470x313
>tfw actuality can never exceed the experience you've lived in your mind
>dreams are more fulfilling than the best possible life
>>
the worst part is my dreams arent even that good
>>
>>7502793
literature
>>
>>7502793
>Not incorperating fantasy into reality for an amazing and imaginative life full of whimsy

Full pleb
>>
>>7502793
I had the weirdest dream the other day

I think someone shot (or bayoneted) me in the stomach. I was suddenly on a DalĂ­an salt-flat, observing myself as if I were a ghost, separate from my body. My back was arched, head thrown back and limbs splayed like a Mayan bas-relief sculpture, moving as if in slow-motion. My intestines became a grey gel-slop that writhed and twisted, shooting off in different directions. It pierced through my back, and then my entire body seemed to bubble and grow into a amorphous smudge on the landscape.

And that was it.
>>
>>7502845
That's fucking stunning writing, those images are powerful
>>
>>7502840
this
>>
>>7502845

Sounds like a really bad acid trip man.
>>
>living experiences in your mind
>not actually working on theories to enhance experience
>>
>>7502856
Thank you!

>>7502872
Is that really what acid is like? I had a friend that (supposedly) had a bad mushroom trip climaxing in his impalement by a giant spider made of needles and eyes, but I always assumed he was exaggerating,
>>
File: 1431623046294.jpg (304 KB, 817x1200) Image search: [Google]
1431623046294.jpg
304 KB, 817x1200
>>7502890>>7502793

>thinking there is difference of ontology between reality and dreams
>>
>>7502897

Depends how much you take. I had a bad trip when I took 1 tab. You can't really comprehend it normally when you're actually tripping. In hindsight, I was having audio and strange visual hallucinations of the weirdest things. I think the best way to describe a bad trip is being completely lost and not knowing where to go.
>>
>>7502897

A bad acid trip, from my experience, is spurred by loss of meaning. Everything you know, washed away in an instant. Your past experiences and all that they entail? Gone. From there you're walking in either God's Kingdom, where everything is emanating with energy and beauty, where you're at one with the universe, or conversely, some strange place that feels somewhat familiar but so foreign at the same time.
>>
>>7502897

Your friend is lying. I know people who have (Seriously) done two ten strips at once and not gone there. For the most part, visuals are more like "augmented reality". You might think you see someone fucked up at of the corner of your eye, but you're not going to see a dude or a giant freaky spider dead on.
>>
>>7503097
>but you're not going to see a dude or a giant freaky spider dead on
That can happen too, but not without prompts, not out of nowhere
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.