[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone have any good recommendations for Ki (the energy of the body)?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 8794879[1].jpg (38 KB, 210x323) Image search: [Google]
8794879[1].jpg
38 KB, 210x323
I've always been interested in the idea/etc of Ki (all started when I watched DB/DBZ as a kid). I just find it a very interesting concept, and I do believe in the willpower of the human mind/body and in the energy of all things.

I don't really "practice" ki or anything, but I do muse on it sometimes. I also try and think or "use" it when I'm exercising. Like when I feel tired when I'm running I sometimes think about "using" my ki and it always gives me that burning desire in my heart to help me go that extra distance.

I know this probably all seems really lame to most people, but I like it alot, so I think it would be lots of fun to read up on it.
>>
Try looking into Taoism.
>>
>>7502273
What exactly is that?
>>
>>7502251
Read "Awakening the Healing Energy of the Tao" by Mantak Chia.
>>
>>7502529
You can find a free pdf through google.
>>
>>7502251
Does anybody have a description of the physical sensations that make up this concept? It's difficult to understand when they call it using ki or energy, there must be a layman's way using relatable phrases, like you focus on the tingling on your ass bone or something
>>
>>7502519
Oh lordy, kid. Do some Google searching. It's a very well known eastern philosophy.
>>
File: kundalini.jpg (13 KB, 348x400) Image search: [Google]
kundalini.jpg
13 KB, 348x400
>>7502634
Read into kundalini for more detail of sensation.
>>
>>7502647
I actually will, thanks for the recommendation
>>
Energy Work by Robert Bruce

Like the other guy mentioned you could look into kundalina, but that's not something to be fucked with if you don't know what you're doing.

Also check this out.
http://vsociety.net/wiki/Body_Energy_Arts_articles

If you're serious about this you also want to start meditating, but that's a thing on its own.
>>
Its not possible to shoot energy beams out of your hands if that's what you're hopping for
>>
>>7503296

Not unless someone builds a Hyperbolic Time Chamber where you can train at 10g's.

Lucid dreaming is where it's at mange. In your dreams you can though, and it feels amazing to release that kind of power, think about that.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.