[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the most literary drug
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
File: Philip K Dicking.jpg (38 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
Philip K Dicking.jpg
38 KB, 340x340
What's the most literary drug
>>
>>7500602
Alcohol, newfag.
>>
File: r u srs.jpg (66 KB, 404x485) Image search: [Google]
r u srs.jpg
66 KB, 404x485
>>7500603
>alcohol

What a fucking pseud. Opium or don't even try.
>>
literary tier
>alcohol
>opiates

wannabe literary tier
>benzos

faux-enlightenment tier
>hallucinogens

high school tier
>weed

all can be fun in moderation though :)
>>
opium

alcohol, cigarettes and coffee too
>>
>>7500612
>not ranking lsd at the top

stay unenlightened pleb
>>
Books
>>
>>7500616
DUDE LSD LMAO

DUDE DRUGS DONT ACTUALLY PROVIDE ANY INSIGHT THEY JUST MAKE THE MUNDANE SEEM DEEP LMAO

DUDE EGO DEATH IS A MEME LMAO

DUDE DRUG INDUCED EGO DEATH IS NOT REAL BECAUSE NOTHING CAN SEPERATE US FROM THE SUM OF OUR EXPERIENCES WITHOUT PERMANTENTLY DAMAGING THE BRAIN LMAO
>>
>>7500616
your favorite =/= literary

i've had a lot of fun on hallucinogens, but i also know way too many people who use them to fall deeper into the rabbit hole of inane new age bullshit
>>
snorting coffee grinds like Balzac
>>
Caffeine
>>
File: 67-datura-arborea.jpg (43 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
67-datura-arborea.jpg
43 KB, 600x450
>>7500602
Datura is the only true patrician answer
>>
I love reading about DMT trips in retrospection but there doesn't appear to be a lot of it. I've been meaning to read The Spirit Molecule for some time now.
>>
>>7500602
All these shit heads are wrong. It's most definitely caffeine. Alcohol would be second to that.
>>
None
Drugs are a meme. They don't do shit beside give you the "Muh good feels"
>>
>>7500721
You're a meme. That is all you can communicate in
>>
Caffeine, Cocaine.
>>
File: 1408336293010.gif (1024 KB, 400x130) Image search: [Google]
1408336293010.gif
1024 KB, 400x130
Weed, but if you smoke flower you're a pleb. Dabs are the only cannabis way to get the full potential out of your ability
>>
Bath salts
>>
Alcohol, tobacco, and coffee.

These are the foundational standards of greatness. These are the things that push men ever so gently past the breaking point. They are not in small amounts to shatter a mans being, but in large quantities they can temporarily ruin a man.
>>
File: ryu murakami.jpg (180 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
ryu murakami.jpg
180 KB, 600x600
>>7500655
he is so fucking right.
>>
>>7500628

Drugs aren't for everybody. It's okay.
>>
>>7500655
>>7500851

The horror and confusion of the trip may coalesce, eventually, into an interesting story. But is it with it?

Yes.
>>
>>7500628
DUDE PASTA LMAO
>>
>>7500867
I like drugs a lot more than is healthy. I just hate the enlightened attitude psychedelics user get, all the new age crap they spew because they think tripping is some grand spiritual enhancer. Psychedelics users are plebs of the highest caliber.

Also, you fell for a meme.
>>
>>7500883
out of curiosity, do you ever get a feeling you could describe as "new-agey" while on psychedelics?

Because I do, and that feeling is in why I like prefer the experience to that from alcohol/weed
>>
>>7500883
>can't find enlightenment on lsd

acid is wasted on fedoras, just get your mom to sign you for adhd meds or whatever
>>
File: image.jpg (121 KB, 503x501) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121 KB, 503x501
>>7500602

Definetly LSD. It was discovered by the most unlikely accident and has always had an elusive pie-in-sky, gold at the end or the rainbow feel to it. Experimenting with LSD caused people to make some of the most influential and game-changing discoveries and innovations from the structure of DNA to computer engineering and music.

LSD was at the central of the hippy movement of the 60's which in turn gave birth to the anti-war movement and similar movements as welll as the beginning of massive interest by western peoples into things typically not common in the west like alternative lifestyles, eastern religions and philosophy, meditation, yoga, mindfullness etc. Regardless of whether you dig or hate these things they are pervasive in the western world largely because of LSD.

The James Fadiman experiments that showed amazing increases in creativity and problem-solving with LSD would alone be enough to grant it the prize but combined with everything else its the obvious choice. The fact that a tiny microscopic amount of an odorless and tasteless chemical can have so much influence on world history, culture and the individual is pretty amazing desu.

For most people that arn't emotionless robots who take a decent amount of actual LSD in a good setting find that its one of the most significant expetiences of thier entire lives. A good strong LSD trip is incredibly sublime.

>inb4 some idiot posts that they didn't have a meaningfull experience so therefore its all lies and nobody does
>>
>>7500899
How would you describe the experience to someone who has never used a hallucinogen?
>>
>>7500900
>thinks he found enlightenment on a drug that causes you to feel enlightened

literally falling for a meme. baudrillard was right.
>>
>>7500904
basically if you're smart and open minded you'll find awesome experiences on lsd, if you're a depressed resentful nerd, you'll probably just think it sucks, and if you're a square bitch punked by the government into thinking drugs make you stupid, then you'll just feel like a dumbass....lsd just opens up your unconscious mind, you're not gonna find anything that isn't already in there...if your mind if full of angst and resentment, that's all that you're going to get out of lsd
>>
>>7500602
opiates clearly
>>
>>7500917
>baudrillard
>the dfw of french dipshits

baudrillard makes the most shallow and banal ":observations" he might as well be english
>>
>>7500925
I meant more of a description of what you actually see and feel while on LSD. I understand the experience can vary greatly, but I'm interested in hearing some descriptive accounts of a "good" acid trip.
>>
>>7500933
thanks for you review bro
>>
>>7500935
>good and bad trips

that's a meme by non-trippers, lsd is "beyond good and bad" shall we say
>>
>>7500948
Are you saying you'd never describe the experience as "good" or "bad", "positive" or "negative", and so on? Enjoyable / not enjoyable, perhaps?
>>
>>7500948
cringe: the post
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 386x486) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 386x486
>>7500904

it can cause you to feel like you have amazing insights into your own mind and behavior and allows you to see all these differant ways in which you could act, think or interact with others in a way that benefits everyone and makes you happier

the extent to which people cam remember and then follow through on these insights while not tripping differs from person to person though

at the very least it helps people understand better how others perceive them and it ususlly helps people say less stupid things if that was something they had an issue to begin with
>>
i know this isn't the answer you're looking for but nooptrics

seriously, if you take nooptrics you can read for ages without getting any sort of mental fatigue.
>>
>>7500883
You are bad at categorical thinking.
>>
>>7500969
Is it common to experience audiovisual hallucinations, the sort that are sometimes depicted in movies/tv - Fear&Loathing or Mad Men, for example?
>>
>>7500935

at medium to low doses it just looks like colors are more vivid and the edges of objects look more defined, some objects in the corner or your eye look like they are vibrating and any sort of pattern or intricate design from rugs to tree leaves looks like its swirling together. also time slows down to a crawl.

at higher doses its just like that times 10
>>
>>7500960
Don't listen to that guy. Look up trip reports on erowid.
>>
>>7500917
>a drug that causes you to feel enlightened

lmao fucking this. it's fun, but don't dupe yourself into thinking you've actually discovered something profound.
>>
>>7500902
I strongly agree with this post.

Acid is the weirdest thing /lit/
>>
>>7500960
i guess, it's like dreams, maybe one minute it's amazing, then super anxiety, then intense fear, then happiness, etc. the best way to describe it is like dreaming while you're awake...so i guess you could have a bad trip like you have a bad dream...in my most intense trips it just sort of went through waves of "fucking crazy" which is like when there's all kinds of crazy shit swirling around you and everything is moving and splitting like a prism and shit, and people seem like some weird things out of a funhouse, to some stage of "holy shit!" which is when you aren't even thinking about the people or things around you and have just sort of "gone solo" into the trippy world, and everything is slower and mellower and you're just kind of lost in your mind...but i think the only "enlightenment" i really got out of lsd was, and you're going to hate this but just bee yourself. for me being on acid, any kind of fakeness or "fronting" about something just caused a lot of "unpleasantness" and so for a while after tripping you just won't want to put on any kind of fake anything...of course as i aged i also got to this naturally, but when you're late teens early twenties, there is a lot of social "tribal" pressure to be something, and it can make you feel bad on lsd, at least for me...so the best thing you can do is be completely authentic with yourself and others. also, you might find yourself thinking of times you were a dick to people around you and how necessary it was and tell yourself you're not going to be a dick to people (but like a week later you'll be a snarky lil shit again)
>>
>>7500986
Whatever kid.
>>
>>7501002
>thinking enlightenment is "profound"

enlightenment is the simplest thing there is, which is precisely why scientific fedoras will never find it
>>
>>7500983
This guy right here. Piracetam (1200/2400mg daily), noopept/sulbutiamine from time to time, lecithine/choline, Omega-3 (or just drink olive oil). If this doesn't get rid of your lethargy and lack of focus then you have fucking brain cancer.
>>
>>7500988

every drug is differant but this >>7500994 description is generally true for the main psychedelics like acid, mushrooms mescaline. audio hallucinations uually consist just of sounds sounding weirder or cooler but on high doses you can hear non-existant sounds or have some transformed to sound way differant. Thia one time on a high dose of mushrooms i was walking down the street and i thought the people walking by were screaming at me when they weren't even talking.
>>
>>7501002
Except all the people who genuinely have made important breakthroughs cos of acid. See DNA and lesser examples like doc ellis' perfect game

Just cause you were so shit all you got out of it was "fun" doesn't mean that's all anyone gets.
>>
File: Artistic_depiction_of_unity.png (509 KB, 639x999) Image search: [Google]
Artistic_depiction_of_unity.png
509 KB, 639x999
>>7500935
Forget reading about what you see. Everyone does this mistake when they first try a hallucinogen, it's right there in the name. Wow, it makes me halucinate? I wanna see fractals and cool shit too! And yeah sure, heavy fractals are some of the most beautiful things i've ever seen, but when you're in the trip it's rather difficult to just stop and look at the fractals since the trip itself is far more interesting.
So what is a trip? Why would people take lsd if not to see cool shit? Tripping is just a different way of thinking, all your emotions are heightened and it's a constant rollercoaster with no stops. The visuals aid the trip, as it is very clear what you are thinking / the entire world around you changes with your mood etc. If you wanna read about the cognitive effects of psychedelics before jumping in there's an excellent website for that: https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Cognitive_effects_-_Psychedelics, and there's also a page in there for the visual effects if you've seen some weird shit down in the trip and can't figure out wtf you saw.

My personal recommendation for a first trip is:
1. To not read far too much shit before your first experience, ruins the novelty.
2. Be somewhat experienced with high doses of weed, psychedelics are extremely different from weed but it is absolutely necessary to be able to "let go" and lose control, let the trip take you, when you do large doses of acid and the like.
3. Take 2-300ug LSD with a sober, experienced, tripsitter and have the perfect "set & setting". Yes 200ug+ is a high dose but if you wanna trip you need a high dose. An alternative if you don't have an experienced friend is to do the normal thing and build yourself up to a higher dose with 100ug, 150ug, etc. I dislike such low doses, not much happens and you'll spend a lot of time being bored and anxious but if you don't wanna dive deep your first time this is the way.

Hope i helped someone with this wall of text enjoy your trips guys.
>>
ITT
>lit tier
The drugs I like
>shit tier
Everything else
>>
>>7500721
this, drugs just coddle the mind. nothing wrong with some mind-coddling in moderate doses, but a lifestyle of heavy drug use is inimical to a lifestyle of intellectual pursuits. not saying you can't live both lifestyles, but the latter is more difficult in conjunction with the former.
>>
>>7501027
sounds rad but im worried it would like make me shoot up a school or jump off a bridge or something, peeps are always like "why does america have so many mass shootings must be the guns!" but america always had guns and schools, but it didnt always have insane amounts of psychotropic drugs handed out to teenagers like candy
>>
>>7501038

>ignoring all the reasons people have given and the ensuing discussion
>>
>>7501002

peer-reviewed published studies have confirmed psychedelics are associated with long-lasting postive changes in peoples personality
>>
>>7501032
i don't deny that lsd can influence important breakthroughs/discoveries, but there is no conclusion you arrive at while under its influence that you couldn't have arrived at while sober.
>>
>>7501041
pleasure drugs coddle the mind, psychedelics expand the mind
>>
>>7501032
>Except all the people who genuinely have made important breakthroughs cos of acid
>cos of acid

wow someone was high when they discovered something, that must mean the drug did it!!! you fucking idiot.

you realize by your retarded logic amphetamines are responsible for a significant portion of major maths accomplishments of the 20th century correct?
>>
>>7501047
Look just please try to know what you're talking about when you say shit like that. I'm pretty certain none of those nootropics have been linked at all w suicidal or homicidal tendencies. You're talking about anti depressants, SSRIs N shit.
>>
>>7501056
>i can only speak in platitudes

psychedelicfags in a nutshells
>>
>>7501047
Nootropics are not "drugs" per se, they are a group of substances initially used to treat Alzheimers and neural degeneration in general. For example: sulbutiamine is vitamin B1 (tiamine) on steroids (figuratively), it helps maintain mental health, etc. Read up, the substances are (for the most part) safe.
>>
Caffeine, Ritalin/adderal, alcohol

Stimulants are the best
>>
>>7501057
At least partially responsible, yes, and more to the point directly in opposition to the stupidity that chump was spouting about intoxicated profundity being impossible.
>>
>>7501036
>The visuals aid the trip, as it is very clear what you are thinking / the entire world around you changes with your mood etc

the thing is, and this is something you can learn from lsd is, this always happens even when you are sober! the world is what you project on to it based on your mood and/or ideology, it's just when you're on acid it's 100 times stronger and you are conscious of it
>>
i like to read japanese or swiss literature after using heroin or oxymorphone
>>
>>7501056
faux-enlightenment is a pleasure too, albeit in a different format than pleasures induced from other drugs. psychedelics can be intellectually stimulating if used responsibly and moderately, but there's really no reason for consistent use of them, other than the thrill of its induced state.
>>
>>7501055
Literally impossible to prove. Ideologically motivated backpedaling.
>>
>>7501067
>Nootropics

thanks for hipping me to the nootropic scene brah
>>
>>7501084
>reading the bible can be intellectually stimulating if used responsibly and moderately, but there's really no reason to read the shit every fucking day, other than being a bible thumper
>>
>>7501074
> that chump was spouting about intoxicated profundity being impossible.
>bro lincoln smoked weed
>i smoke weed
>i'm just like clinton

just because someone smart did something smart tripping doesn't say anything about the experience of a bunch of plebs tripping except that they'll feel better about themselves for doing something (actually nothing) meaningful.

>At least partially responsible, yes

thanks for confirming you're an idiot, kid
>>
>>7501094
great post my man
>>
>>7501064
>drug are bad the government told me so

squares in a nutshell
>>
This thread is why you people are the /r9k/ of drug users.

You never see a junkie saying that it makes him spiritually more complete or a tweaker saying it's a worthwhile endeavour because freud did it. You look like such tryhards when you insist upon your drug of choice being the 'superior' one.
>>
>>7501102
the point isn't that they're 'bad,' just that they're largely fun distractions. nothing wrong with that in itself, if that's the way you want to live go right ahead, but if you're looking for a life of the mind you should avoid a lifestyle of heavy drug use.
>>
>>7501095
u MADD?
>>
>>7501102
i'm on 15mg of hydro right now you pleb, get off your high horse.
>>
File: trippy.jpg (245 KB, 600x789) Image search: [Google]
trippy.jpg
245 KB, 600x789
>>7501036
Oh and i forgot, if you reach 4-500ug+ you NEED a sitter, anything can happen on these doses and you won't be able to take care or even be aware of what your body is doing, or where it is. It's an amazing experience 10/10 would recommend.
>>
if psychedelics make you smart then why are so many users retarded burnouts who preach insipid new age platitudes? checkmate psychonauts
>>
>>7500603
/thread
>>
>>7501137
The people who are dumb enough to be convinced by this line of reasoning never had a hope in hell anyhow
>>
>>7501121
>corny stoner wants to hate on lsd

bwahaha my fuckin sides, don't assume lsd is anything like your childish powered tobacco
>>
>>7501130
it might be ok if you are at home in your own apartment, or way the fuck out in the woods alone, but yeah, i knew a dude who was found laying in the middle of the street playing in a pile of flowers he ripped out of a nearby garden and had his pockets stuffed with some of those little rocks they have in rock gardens...he got sentenced to some rehab program
>>
>>7501201
I always hold two rules when i trip/sit on high doses, never leave the apartment and no smart phones.
>>
>>7501193
>retarded psychonaut thinks hydrocodone is weed

and you're telling me lsd expands your mind?
>>
>>7501209
sorry shitlord in america "hydro" generally refers to weed that's grown hydroponically (as opposed to some dirt weed shit from mexico)
>>
>>7501228
and it also refers to hydrocodone, especially if someone's taking 15mg of it.
>>
>>7501234
so you do opioids but ur scared of lsd? must be a real shithead
>>
>>7501240
i'm not even the guy on hydro (only experimented with opiods a handful of times), and i went through a phase where i did lsd weekly.
>>
>>7500935
in addition, you often find yourself projecting patterns and shapes onto blank surfaces (pavement/walls etc)
objects "breathe" (subtly inflate and deflate)
red colours are often more visible (compared to others) at night due to the structure of our eyes, this is amplified

i have felt 'closer to nature', which is incredibly vague. I once felt I understood absurdity as a philosophy to an extent I hadn't before (on shrooms) - something that seems incredibly unlikely now, presumably the thoughts I was having just had more resonance, I was in a better mindset to 'feel' them. (pleb-tier philosophy anyway). I imagine most of the new-age stuff is something to this nature, priming and suggestion. hallucinogenics were used for religious purposes after all, set is a big one.
>>
>>7501036
are you connected in such a way that you know what dosage you are getting, or are you making a ug estimate for your tabs?
>>
File: image.jpg (129 KB, 470x403) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129 KB, 470x403
L S A

Legal, cheap, psychedelic.
>>
>>7501299
where u get it
>>
Can't you google your own shit?

Morning glory seeds.
>>
>>7501228
>>7501209
embarrassing posts
>>
>>7501425
sorry im only into lsd, opiates are for white trash, and weed is for dorm trash
>>
File: x3ea8EJ.jpg (56 KB, 400x254) Image search: [Google]
x3ea8EJ.jpg
56 KB, 400x254
>>7501370
yeah...wouldn't rec. morning glory seeds. Did them last spring with a friend, approx. 150 seeds, ground, steeped in cold water for 4 hours, filtered through multiple coffee filters, drank the liquid mixed with OJ (pretty nasty brown liquid desu family) and then vaped some weed when stomach started to feel achey.

Ended up feeling like my body was in a weed-high for 3-4 hours, had some slight auditory hallucinations, far off voices saying my name. None of it was scary or 'bad,' just probably not that much worth the effort. Also experienced increased euphoria, not unlike that from weed.

No experience with Tor, but I would honestly probably just get on deepweb and order your pure lsd ohana.
>>
>>7500655
But how do I not die?
>>
>>7501432
Why don't you just fuck off?
>>
>>7500602
Life
>>
>>7501295
I order from darknet, it is fairly reliable if you buy from trusted vendors, the 280ug tabs i buy are easily 4 times as strong as the street acid i can buy on the street here in sweden.
>>
>>7501453
Thought you were supposed to use alcohol, not water, to extract LSA from morning glory seeds? At least, that's how I remember my roommate doing it when we tried it when I was in college. I had a fairly incredible experience, easily comparable to the lower-dose acid trips I've had. Maybe that was your problem.
>>
>>7501648

not the guy who posted that but differant brands/types can have vastly diffferant LSA content, especially if you are talking about gardening store brands vs ethnobotanical websites

I would actually recommend Hawaiian baby woodrose instead too btw

There are alot of differant factors but if done right and you get a high dose and you arn't nauseous LSA can be really awsome
>>
File: epicurus.jpg (39 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
epicurus.jpg
39 KB, 400x600
>>7500602
stone cold sobriety.
>>
>>7500602
Abstinence and prayer.
>>
>>7502130
didnae epicurus like a spot of wine?

even diogenes did
>>
Drugs are for plebs
>>
>>7500602
sobriety after addiction.
>>
File: jonathan-franzen.jpg (18 KB, 220x273) Image search: [Google]
jonathan-franzen.jpg
18 KB, 220x273
>>7501648
>>7502108

dumbass op here

may look into HBWR when I'm back in the states

thanks anon
>>
File: 1429307433387.jpg (24 KB, 331x334) Image search: [Google]
1429307433387.jpg
24 KB, 331x334
>implying a "patrician" drug will enlighten a pleb
>implying a "pleb" drug will diminish a patrician

The spooks in this thread are spooky beyond belief
>>
Alcohol is the most literary drug but >>7502157 is probably right
>>
>>7500902
>image.jpg
>>
>>7501041
>drugs just coddle the mind.

You're a fucking moron. They do the exact opposite. Weed, shrooms, lsd, dmt, salvia, all make you trip in a way that can potentially scare you so bad that you never want to do them again, they create situations where the brain has to work harder to comprehend the sudden change in environment and mood, grasping the concept of visuals and sensations that can be created by the brain, fear, heavyness, the shock of suddenly seeing something you had always looked at a certain way in a completely different light, it can make you love a movie or hate an old favorite because you're seeing it in a new way, and this is literally every single aspect around you and inside your body, seen in a different light. You have no idea what you're talking about and should quite seriously take into consideration killing yourself for a minute improvement of the world.
>>
Mushrooms for deep introspection. LSD for imagery.
>>
>>7502439
>You have no idea what you're talking about and should quite seriously take into consideration killing yourself for a minute improvement of the world.

t. englightened drug user
>>
>>7502450
And I'm completely correct, do you have a problem with people being mean?

>it's just that if you're enlightened...

Oof. Just don't.
>>
>>7502455
>valid points aren't valid because I dismiss them
gud 1 d o o d
>>
>>7502450
No one who's enlightened calls themselves enlightened. They'd know that there is no absolute truth.
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.u3.jpg (161 KB, 609x800) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.u3.jpg
161 KB, 609x800
>>7502462
You didn't make a point

You just got mad
>>
>>7502468
I'm sure you meant that for this egotistical poopyhead
>>7502455
>>
>>7502470
>the point you dismissed in your post is not a point
backpedal harder
>>
>>7502476
Okay what was your point? :)
>>
>>7502472
Probably, haven't read the entire thread cause I'm tired and had a depressing day.
It's just that people that call themselves enlightened piss me off to no end.
I've done psychedelics before, many times. They give you insight on yourself, a sense of relativity, make you appreciate things like nature and the sheer randomness of the universe, but saying that they make you 'enlightened' as if it implies some sort of moral, spiritual or intellectual superiority is just that, egotistical.
>>
>>7502468
Nobody who's enlightened posts on 4chan desu
>>
>>7502472
I didn't call myself enlightened. Learn to read please.

And also if you're going to say that I implied that I was, you should kill yourself. I like telling people to kill themselves if you hadn't noticed.
>>
>>7502491
My point is everything you dismissed in this post because you know it's true
>>7502455
>>
>>7502498
How in the hell would you know that?
>>
>>7502507
I didn't say I was enlightened you hilarious retard. Haha holy fuck you're an idiot.
>>
Mescaline you idiots
>>
>>7502502
>again with the preemptive deflection
You're one insecure little fucker, huh.
And for the record you did indeed imply the you think you're enlightened.
>>
>>7502516
Woo

Can you share any experiences
>>
>>7502515
quality post
>>
>>7502520
>You're one insecure little fucker, huh.

Butthurt that I shut down your obvious next reply?

>And for the record you did indeed imply the you think you're enlightened

Nah, I didn't. I would fucking love for you to point to the sentence where I did. God I would fucking love that. Right now you're literally pretending that I'm doing something and then attacking it, and when called out, you go deeper into this head canon you've created for yourself. You're fucking sick in the head dude. You need help. Maybe you should do some drugs.
>>
>>7502498
No one is enlightened senpai. It's all just people that are disillusioned into thinking that their thoughts are right, and that took the initiative to pursue the way of life that comes with them or share them with others.

An individual can take psychs, have the realization that everything comes from the same point and time, and is therefore connected in some way, whether it be by sheer entropy, a material level, spiritual or whatever, then go on to spread this idea.
The same individual can take psychs, realize how everything we perceive is made up by society, fall into a downward spiral, deconstructing each aspect of their personality and way of thinking, then spend the rest of their life locked in their house, wishing they were dead.
In both cases, they're just as 'enlightened'

I don't know where I was going with this. Someone please finish it for me or simply call me a fucking retard.
>>
>>7502534
>shut down
preemptively discarding out of insecurity=/=shut down

As for your implication of enlighenment, it was right here
>>7502455
Read this post and tell me the implication isn't there. Or don't. I've already made up my mind.
>>
>>7502545
It's not claiming to know everything, it's accepting where you are and being okay with it, which is fairly rational. I mean don't take it so far that you don't do shit, but accepting the things you can't change, etc.
>>
>>7502545
fucking retard?
>>
>>7502548
>Read this post and tell me the implication isn't there.

That's a response to you saying that I'm enlightened.

> Or don't. I've already made up my mind.

Lots of retards make up their minds.

>preemptively discarding

I literally knew what idiotic, incorrect point you were going to try to make, and created an argument against it. You are the most butthurt fucking retard on the planet right now dude.

Just admit it, or don't. Because I'm right. :)
>>
>>7502545
Enlightenment is the end of tutelage

When you stop learning about yourself from the world and start learning about the world from yourself.
>>
>>7502553
>stealing my line
You ran out of steam. It's okay to admit it.
>>
>>7502549
This. I lived both scenarios that I talked about, didn't take it as far as turn into a preacher or a shut in. But psychedelics made me both the happiest and most depressed I've ever been. In that order. By the end of it all, I was back where I started in terms of understanding the people around me and my own existence. Found that the best thing to do was not to think about it and simply enjoy life.
>>
>>7502556
So, enlightenment = confidence?
>>
>>7502557
Now you have nothing at all to say and are attacking parts of the sentence that aren't even wrong, you just don't like that I did them. Fuck you're an embarassment.

You've been proven wrong, now go home and get your fucking shinebox.
>>
>>7502558
this post is exactly why the following pasta is utterly correct

DUDE LSD LMAO

DUDE DRUGS DONT ACTUALLY PROVIDE ANY INSIGHT THEY JUST MAKE THE MUNDANE SEEM DEEP LMAO

DUDE EGO DEATH IS A MEME LMAO

DUDE DRUG INDUCED EGO DEATH IS NOT REAL BECAUSE NOTHING CAN SEPERATE US FROM THE SUM OF OUR EXPERIENCES WITHOUT PERMANTENTLY DAMAGING THE BRAIN LMAO
>>
>>7502559
On a superficial level maybe

It's not a conscious decision and there are those who pursue it for a lifetime never to find it. It must encompass your entire being and is more than just an adjustment in outlook.
>>
>>7502562
>he's a /tv/ memester
shoulda known t b h
>>
File: 1450734918617.jpg (451 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
1450734918617.jpg
451 KB, 1000x750
>>7502566
Don't do this
>>
>>7502559
Enlightenment is an infinite amount of knowledge. Expanding your mind to the point where every single thought is inside of you. You're always approaching the infinite. Humans can't attain enlightenment.

>>7502563
Ego death isn't a meme, I've seen friends have it, it was like they were being reborn. From my point of view it is fucking useless though. The friend that had it turned into a huge addict right after due to the 'realizations' he had on it. He does whatever he gets his hand on.
Psychedelics are beautiful, but using them to try and attain an unattainable truth is pointless, and frankly a waste of what could be enjoyment.
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 514x514) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 514x514
>>7502567
>image.jpg
>>
>>7502563
So is this pro drug or anti drug
>>
>>7502569
Are you god?
>>
>>7502575
anti
>>
>>7502563
>THE MUNDANE SEEM DEEP
Also, this really depends on the individual and the drug. Some people will sit there staring at trees like they're the most interesting thing in the world.
Others will escape into the darkest corners of their mind and chew out every aspect of themselves.

>>7502577
Just some kid in their mother's basement.
>>
File: OlKd8.png (237 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
OlKd8.png
237 KB, 512x384
>>7502569
>Humans can't attain enlightenment.

Then what the fuck does the word exist for? That's like saying you can grow wings and fly but you can't really and it's called Wingenment or something and nobody can do it WELL THEN WHY DO WE HAVE THE WORD BART

WHY DO WE HAVE THE WORD?
>>
>>7502580
why is it in caps and ending with lmao?

I thought it was sarcastic
>>
>>7502593
It's supposed to be a satire of drug users...
>>
>>7502595
But then it would be

DUDE EGO DEATH ISN'T A MEME

Right now it's quoting anti drug users, a pro drug user wouldn't say that ego death is a meme

This pasta fucking blows chunks
>>
>>7502598
You're overthinking it. It was just written to rustle acid head's jimmies. Which it occasionally does.
>>
File: all is good..jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
all is good..jpg
6 KB, 225x225
>>7502586
Idk, we have a bunch of terms for scientific shit that we don't even know exist.
Also, just because humans can't do it doesn't mean that they can't attempt to think about enlightenment. Humans can understand the concept of knowing all, they just can't be all knowing themselves.
>>
>>7502605
Your definition is one of many tho la familia
>>
>>7502612
If we can't even decide on what enlightenment really is, then how will anyone ever achieve it? Also, take whatever definition you want, once you've reached enlightenment, wouldn't you be able to reach a little further for even more understanding, and keep on going? Know what I mean?

Anyways, I don't care anymore, I'm going to sleep.
>>
>>7502628
> then how will anyone ever achieve it

Well that's how language works. Like if you call someone stupid and in their opinion they aren't.

Personally I think it's being satisfied with the present, understanding that you got here through a series of events starting with the big bang or god or whatever you believe in, you are where you are, and you can either change it or not, but be satisfied with whatever decision you make. I think a lot of confidence and stress reduction comes from this.

But that's just me
>>
>>7502439
look i don't deny that the substances you listed induce introspective thinking and can be beneficial to the intellect (though admittedly i've never tried dmt or salvia), and perhaps my phrasing was imperfect. the point i was trying to get at is that regular drug use, even of the aforementioned substances, is coddling. a single lsd trip can potentially change your way of thinking, but if you're doing that shit on a regular basis chances are you're just seeking the hallucinogenic thrill. i'm not anti-drug by any means, i just think moderation is key.
>>
why is /lit/ so degenerate?

catotheyounger.jpg
>>
>>7502669
Just a bunch of niggers trying to escape reality.
>>
>>7501302
Morning glory seeds
>>
File: 1450124878909.jpg (166 KB, 960x714) Image search: [Google]
1450124878909.jpg
166 KB, 960x714
>>7502669
>Implying drugs are degenerate
>Implying actual degenerates aren't to blame for their poor reputation
>Marching in step with a government that created a war on drugs that has destroyed more lives than it saved
>Thinking someone should be placed in a cell with criminals who teach drug users to become hardened and dangerous
>Putting someone in a cycle where they cannot get jobs so it's easier to turn to crime
>Supporting a system that defines who the criminals are in order to obtain labor at 12 cents on the dollar, effectively slave labor
>Thinking that we crawled out of the tar and muck and evolved from cavemen to be told not to do drugs by a bunch of fucking corrupt retards who bend only to money and the status qou

It's time to wake up, sheeple
>>
>>7502695
>hurrrr if u don't do drugs u support the war on drugs!!!

why are most drug users so fucking retarded? almost makes me ashamed of my own drug habits
>>
>>7502695
ur so deep bro
>>
>>7502705
I think you're taking that post a little too serious.
>>
>>7502695
>implying intoxicating yourself is not degenerate

please keep your facebook philosophy to yourself
>>
File: ChristmasFlintstoneClosingShot.jpg (105 KB, 639x480) Image search: [Google]
ChristmasFlintstoneClosingShot.jpg
105 KB, 639x480
>>7502720
and i think you're a backpedaling faggot, but maybe i'm just too drunk to tell the difference

merry christmas, anon
>>
>>7502721
>Implying intoxicating yourself is degenerate

Hmm.
>>
>>7502724
>and i think you're a backpedaling faggot

Well, I think you're a temper tantrum throwing retard and the post had nothing to do with you.

I hope you choke on your vomit while you sleep.

PS Don't say anything self depricating, it's not endearing, you typical alcholic.
>>
Alcohol and reading do not mix. I can't use my imagination to make visuals while drunk because it obscures my vision both physically and mentally.
>>
Why is alcohol good? It just impairs your brain.
>>
>>7502749
It's unihibiting, which is great for art
>>
>>7502745
so you are just a mentally deficient burnout trying to backpedal from your utterly retarded post, got it. hope you enjoy the holiday anyway, perhaps your new year's resolution should be to put more thought into your 4chan posts.
>>
>>7502762
>trying to backpedal

>"DUHH HOW DARE YOU INSULT ME GOD I HATE OTHER DRUG USERS I'M ASHAMED"
>"It wasn't in refrence to you at all, it was pro drug statements"
>"URRR BACKPEDDLAR BACKPEDDLAR YOU'RE CHEATING NO TAKE BACKSIES"

And once again the drunk makes a fool of himself. I hope you're driving in a blackout one night and get slammed by a truck.
>>
>>7502767
>posts something retarded
>gets called out
>"hurr i was just trolling bro!"

there's an image parodying idiots like you but unfortunately i don't have it saved. i don't give a fuck if you were insulting me or what side you take on the pro/anti drugs debate, just don't post moronic nonsense like >>7502695 then try to distance yourself from it once you realize how fucking stupid it was.
>>
File: 1450717389120.jpg (105 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1450717389120.jpg
105 KB, 720x960
>>7502778
I hope you backpeddle your bike into a rape starring you as the victim.
>>
File: 6473236749_087dbe9be2_z.jpg (175 KB, 468x640) Image search: [Google]
6473236749_087dbe9be2_z.jpg
175 KB, 468x640
>>7502788
and i hope you start putting some thought into your 4chan posts

in all likelihood you're not a literal retard, so stop acting like one. take a break from the internet, read something stimulating, and return once you have something vaguely intelligent to say. hope to see you in 2016 brother
>>
>>7502762
jesus what a faggy post
>>
File: 1447360832182.jpg (76 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1447360832182.jpg
76 KB, 500x500
>>7502794
You're just a drunken fucking retard dude. I don't know how to explain to you how fucking moronic you're acting right now, so I don't care enough to explain to you how fucking embarassingly, hilariously stupid you are. You're a fucking moron dude. You're literally living in a fantasy world. Sober up, fuck face.
>>
>>7502803
my recommendations is you quit 4chan until you've developed the ability to articulate just how moronic i'm acting, maybe after that you'll stop polluting this board with insipid posts such as >>7502695

>>7502798
and i'd gladly penetrate your asshole with my faggotry
>>
>>7502808
>my recommendations is you quit 4chan

Your recommendation is noted and will not be heeded. Don't drown in technicolor yawn, homer simpson.
>>
>>7502813
not even close to vomiting and i'll quit for the night long before i am, but the concern is appreciated

and honestly, if you can't articulate your point beyond "ur so dumb i can't even describe it!" you should probably reassess what you're doing posting on a board dedicated to literature discussion.
>>
File: 1450731715288.gif (516 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1450731715288.gif
516 KB, 300x225
>>7502823
I can articulate, but I choose to make fun of you instead, because it's my life and I get to do just about whatever I want.

>"Fuck this guy, maybe if I take another swig I'll have the courage to stand up to him"

You're losing dude, don't break your keyboard.
>>
>>7502830
>I can articulate, but I choose to make fun of you instead, because it's my life and I get to do just about whatever I want.

if you insist, buddy. you read anything good lately? just finished rereading the sound and the fury, what a beautiful novel.
>>
>>7502844
A Clockwork Orange, and don't try to suck up now you fucking faggot.

Good night and merry christmas
>>
>>7502848
only thing i'll suck is your dick faggot, i still maintain that you posted something retarded and deserve to be ashamed about it, i just wanna turn this bullshit-spewing contest we've entered into something vaguely constructive
never read clockwork orange though, what did you like about it?
>>
>>7500935

the first time i did acid all i wanted to do was lay on the ground and keep playing the A side to Parliament's MOTHERSHIP CONNECTION so i could watch the lights on the ceiling pulse.

i haven't done it since, but acid was never life-changing to me or any of my friends.

opium is better.
>>
if murdering people is a drug then I think it definitely is the most literary.
>>
I believe I have understood many of the things "enlightened" people talk about. For example duality or Anatta, but I would not claim to have found enlightenment. Chemicals have helped teach me a world view that is near undefinable. Not so that I may preach or boast, but so that I may be content.

It's a shame everyone here is too busy trying to prove each other wrong to see anything completely.
>>
>>7500721
>>7501041
Besides the interpretation of drugs, >>7502439

there are those that improve your mental capacity in some form, there is even a category for it... a very popular and well known one... by scientists and students alike. So I guess to some it up in a shitpost:
>what is STIMULANTS
>STIMULANTS
>;something that increases activity, interest, or enthusiasm in a specified field

I forgot which board does this but either /sci/, /biz/, or someone else have a nootropic thread, something like this.

>racetams
>glinkgo biloba
>bioflavones
>omega-3
>rhodiola
>bacopa monnieri
>phenylalanine
>lion's mane mushroom
>nicotine
>caffeine (occasionally)
Illegal drugs are too expensive for me so I just stick with the whatever is open market, this costs me about 25 USD/mo
>>
I became fatigued with the back and forths of who had good and bad trips on lsd in this thread.
I think hallucinogenics are interesting and all but in no way beneficial or nurturing for a lit lifestyle.
Downing inhuman amounts of alcohol after getting off of some shit job every night will provide you with a healthy dose of jaded cynicism and knack for selfish destruction that will substantially improve your writing.
>>
>>7500602
>What's the most literary drug

existential pain
>>
>>7500602
i'd say that the hallucinogenic fungi that grow on old books would be the most literary book.
>>
>>7500904
Grand indirection.
>>
>>7500904
true experience of the new. being a child again in a prison of warped senses, everything develops perspective. i heard the ticking of a clock slamming forward then twitching directly back to where it started for what seemed like hours, the sound was like a cannon, the clock across the room grew closer, towering in my field of vision.. heh, once i was laying on a giant easter island head made out of several layers of different drugs, while surrounded in a tomb of gold as saul of the mole men fell out of my television after it transformed into a plasma screen, upon his splintering past the glass, he was followed by a flood of phosphorescent liquid composed of colors i had never seen before. there are levels. one is the dramatic feeling of otherness in all things, and the overwhelming fluctuating senses, the other is being unable to discern reality from fucking crazy dream world of wtf. once i was one of my own blood cells, i felt like i was surrounded by a womblike red tube, riding a rollercoaster, hearing the soft screeches of terror and exhilaration, while the ever present sound of "glub glub" pushed everyone forward. eventually i realized glub glub is the sound my heart makes from the perspective of my cells. i am glub glub. glub glub is life.
>>
>you will never live the bohemian lifestyle sipping on absinth all day
why even live familia
>>
>>7500602
love
>>
File: 1395626632989.jpg (68 KB, 482x499) Image search: [Google]
1395626632989.jpg
68 KB, 482x499
>>7502455
>>7502515
>>7502534
>>7502553
>>7502695
>>7502745
>>7502762
>>7502767
>>7502803
>these are the people you argue with on /lit/
>>
>>7500616
>pussy ass LSD
>not psilocybin, salvia, or DMT
>>
File: 1425932328222.png (94 KB, 348x437) Image search: [Google]
1425932328222.png
94 KB, 348x437
>>7502729
>>7502721
>>7502669

>degenerate
>>
>>7500721
come back when you have done some drugs
>>
>>7503280
Alright, I did dmt, now what?
>>
>>7503189

>Ranking psychedelics

You have learned nothing.

Mescaline is superior, fucking plebeians.
>>
>>7500902
good album mang
>>
>>7500602
Coffee
>>
>>7503184
Yes, people smarter than you post here, and they will make you frustratrd enough to post something like this.
>>
>>7504104
>Getting breathtakingly angry at a post ending in the sentence "wake up sheeple"
>Get called a faggot for flipping out

My eyes are as dry as your sphincter, which I penetrate, now, now.
>>
>>7504127
Boobies
>>
>>7500843
>a lot of coffee can ruin a man
>>
>>7504171
Yay
>>
>>7504191
Have you ever had 4 pots of coffee on an empty stomach? Coffee erstellt Ãœbermensch.
>>
>>7500883
>You fell for a meme
You live a false and sad existence.
Your extreme criticism of peoples' opinions and how those opinions evidently affect you emotionally, in a negative manner, is an insight into your poor upbringing and stunted development as a human.
Maybe you should get off your towering throne of shit and start smelling the roses, instead of flinging your shit at those who haven't bothered constructing pointless labels.
>>
>>7504199
hey
>>
>>7504919
Bane?
>>
>>7504956
Need for reply lol.
>>
>>7500655
In a pinch you can just take Benadryl
>>
If you guys don't even vaguely practice meditation you've no place to entertain an argument regarding enlightenment. Unless you are on a disciplined spiritual path you don't have any empirical grasp regarding the process of discerning the subjective experience of thinking about enlightenment.

Fucking pseudo-intellectual conjecture.
>>
Knowledge is what gets me buzzed
>>
>>7506297
does meditation help artistic output or is that a myth?
>>
>>7500628
anyone who believes this is a silly bitch
>>
>>7506322
Depends on the person; often, yes.
>>
>>7506322
give vipassana or insight meditation a shot.

basically, quiet your mind and then allow your thoughts to return. Observe them, without judgement or attachment, as though they were separate from you. Then follow their source to gain understand of your self.
If this sounds easy, then you're doing it wrong. It can actually be quite brutal sometimes.
>>
I've only meditated while on psychedelics and I'm not sure that counts. Was incredibly cool though.
>>
>>7505619
>restless legs from hell
no thanks
>>
>>7500721
Saying things are a meme is a meme
>>
>>7506951
saying things are a meme is a meme is a meme.
>>
>>7500602
It's xanax
>>
Any of them could be, no? What's a literary drug, one that is fun to be on while reading/writing or one that would give you experiences that inspire you to write? I guess there are fewer that would be fun to read/write on due to how much you can focus. There's only one drug I've ever done alone, and I did that once, and I ended up playing smash for hours and I fell in love with the AI/character I was fighting. So I've never read on drugs before, really. I've written a little, but it wasn't anything I've managed to use, but I still reread that stuff occasionally.

Off that tangent, every drug can cause literary inspiration, but the inspiration is usually different. Cocaine is good for the on top of the world feeling, weed is good for the comradery/relaxation. It all depends on what feeling you want. Feelings are literary. No feelings is a feeling and is therefore literary.
>>
>>7506342
How do you follow these things without becoming an active participant in your thoughts? Do you mentally frame it up and stare at your thoughts until it all clicks into place? I've never really understood how to tell if I'm doing it right. I know that may not be possible, but boy oh boy is it disheartening. Imma read into vipassana meditation, though. So thanks for posting that.
>>
>>7500902
How did LSD help computer engineering?

>inb4 steve jobs and wozniak
>>
>ctl + f
>books
>1 result
Ugh nothing but plebs here.
>>
>>7501054
Do you have any links to these? Sounds like interesting reading.
>>
>>7501453
>>7501592
How do you into Tor?
>>
cocaine.....aaron sorkin, oliver stone, and freud have all used to write, also found in Shakespeare's pipe
>>
>>7507010
The more you meme, the more you become a meme.
>>
File: giphy.gif (66 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
66 KB, 500x281
>>7507623
Shakespeare smoked weed senpai
>>
>>7507623
Freud was an angry fool
>>
>>7507623
>freud
Worthless charlatan who took the money of suffering people who he promised he could cure of chemical depression with the daily application of greek myths to their genitals
>>
>>7507664
for you
>>
>>7507760
>chemical depression
Sponsored by roche
>>
>>7501524
1. Have good luck
2. Don't have bad luck
>>
>>7507546

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3537171/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3308357/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25637267

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22905130
>>
Alienation
>>
>>7500602
Norepinephrine
>>
>>7504572
>plebbing so hard
>>
File: 1417327455477.jpg (51 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1417327455477.jpg
51 KB, 1280x960
>>7508039

Thanks man
>>
>>7500602
Pornography
>>
File: 1442839017096.jpg (71 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
1442839017096.jpg
71 KB, 500x385
>>7500616
I think lsd is pretty over rated.
I've done 30 tabs in the last 4 months
I don't believe in all that enlightenment bullshit. Its just a fucking drug that makes you feel good and it lasts to fucking long.
>>
>>7504202
Nice broken liver, bud
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.