[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Worth reading, or pretentious self indulgent garbage? Also same
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 1449317866844.jpg (256 KB, 964x579) Image search: [Google]
1449317866844.jpg
256 KB, 964x579
Worth reading, or pretentious self indulgent garbage?

Also same for JR by Gaddis or Against the day by pynchon
>>
File: Underworld.jpg (36 KB, 218x327) Image search: [Google]
Underworld.jpg
36 KB, 218x327
>>7500514
oh crap meant this pic
>>
>>7500515
Read libra and mao II first.
>>
Underworld is fucking amazing
ATD is also fucking amazing but gets dry in the middle, if you push through to the finale its entirely worth it and by far Pynchon's best
JR by Gaddis is imo worth reading but only after you've read all of his other works or it comes across as pretentious self indulgent garbage. that or you need the patience of a stone.

also fuck Franzen.
>>
>>7500522

i've read libra
>>
Depends, by "pretentious self indulgent garbage" do you mean "stuff that I don't like"? Because to call Pynchon and Gaddis pretentious is pretty baffling, considering that they actually know what they're talking about.
>>
>>7500515
>pretentious self indulgent garbage
that picture was perfect for that btw
>>
>>7500540
>women are garbage

bitter beta spotted
>>
>>7500528

do you think pynchon has completed metal gear solid 1, 2, 3, and 4?

Or is he a wikipedia skimmer?
>>
>>7500551
He only had to play the first one for research purposes IMO
>>
>>7500559
Psh, I bet he didn't even reflect when he finished. What a twat.
>>
>>7500525
Fuck you, the corrections is one of the greatest novels written in the last fifteen years.
>>
>>7500571
That would be depressing if it were true
>>
>>7500540
Hello reddit9k
>>
>>7500571
I agree
now read "Mr Difficult: William Gaddis and the problem of hard-to-read books" by Franzen and see if you'll ever touch any of his work again
>>
>>7500540
>how to cause instant butthurt: the post
>>7500582
>>7500547
>>
>>7500514
fuck marry
standing left to right
>>
>pretentious self indulgent garbage

well, it fits the image perfectly
>>
I think the picture actually is appropriate to the thread, OP, given your mention of pretentious self indulgent garbage.
>>
>>7500514
All art is self-indulgent, but, yes, JR is worth reading.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.