[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does one come to terms with the existential realization that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Albert-Camus-012.jpg (88 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
Albert-Camus-012.jpg
88 KB, 620x372
How does one come to terms with the existential realization that in the grand scheme of the universe and time we are nothing but a mere blip in time; existing for a brief period and then die leaving little to no influence on anything at all.

Should we laugh at our brevity? Should it humble us? What does it do to you?
>>
File: 1448229070333.jpg (37 KB, 337x450) Image search: [Google]
1448229070333.jpg
37 KB, 337x450
Ecclesiastes 1:

1 The words of Ecclesiastes, the son of David, king of Jerusalem.

2 Vanity of vanities, said Ecclesiastes vanity of vanities, and all is vanity.

3 What hath a man more of all his labour, that he taketh under the sun?

4 One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth standeth for ever.

5 The sun riseth, and goeth down, and returneth to his place: and there rising again,

6 Maketh his round by the south, and turneth again to the north: the spirit goeth forward surveying all places round about, and returneth to his circuits.

7 All the rivers run into the sea, yet the sea doth not overflow: unto the place from whence the rivers come, they return, to flow again.

8 All things are hard: man cannot explain them by word. The eye is not filled with seeing, neither is the ear filled with hearing.

9 What is it that hath been? the same thing that shall be. What is it that hath been done? the same that shall be done.

10 Nothing under the sun is new, neither is any man able to say: Behold this is new: for it hath already gone before in the ages that were before us.

11 There is no remembrance of former things: nor indeed of those things which hereafter are to come, shall there be any remembrance with them that shall be in the latter end.
>>
Maybe you should stop being a bitch
>>
>>7500133
Do you want to influence empty space or the far reaches of time? Why?
>>
I seriously don't care dude. I just relax until it's lights out.
>>
>>7500136
This is a great excerpt. Never read it before.

Will check out more from Ecclesiastes
>>
>>7500133
It doesn't really matter does it? It makes me feel free, free to embrace my unique ego.
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 360x234) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 360x234
>>7500133
>time
>existing beyond our perception of it
>implying a nanosecond of perceived time isn't infinitely longer than any length of unperceived time
>implying the totality of reality isn't made up of your perception of it
>implying solipsism is solveable

Get this high school-tier existentialism out of here
>>
>What does it do to you?

nothing who cares nerd
>>
i register it with total apathy.
>>
https://youtu.be/TuJqUvBj4rE
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.