[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is some essential reading on drug trade & war in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: arton10157.jpg (36 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
arton10157.jpg
36 KB, 450x600
What is some essential reading on drug trade & war in the America?

Even articles published on Internet would be good.

I've already read Dark Alliance by Gary Webb after I saw Kill the Messenger.

It's just so fascinating how the cartel holds up the Mexico by its balls.
>>
Sicario is fucking shit

>>>/tv/
>>
>>7497999
well the balls and the mexico are the same thing at this the point
>>
>>7498001
I tried searching Adlibris for 'Sicario is fucking shit' but it gave back nothing.

>>7498004
Any reading, even articles in the Internet, on how it came to that? I've read, like I said, Dark Alliance and it was fascinating yet it is curiously not talked much when people talk about drug war and trade.
>>
2666 by Bolano
>>
Charles Bowden has written some excellent nonfiction about the current situation in mexico. Murder City is especially good, despite it's unimaginative title.

he also managed to track down a sicario and get the man to write an autobiography.
>>
>>7498079
Big thanks for this, I know who I'll be reading for a while now.
>>
>>7498001
Sicario was dope af you cunt

Sicario and Lobster for MOTY
>>
>>7497999
Not a book but make sure to check out the documentary 'cartel land'.
It follows two armed militias, one on each side of the border, both attempting to protect their communities from the violence that inevitably follows in the traffickers' wake.

You also get a bump because I have gotten interested in this topic as of late so any reading tips that you get I will also make use of.
>>
Narcoland

Also check out A Scanner Darkly, you'll dig it.
>>
>>7497999
Midnight in Mexico is pretty good but it's mostly about a reporter receiving death threats from the cartels.
>>
>>7497999
Smoke and Mirrors: The War on Drugs and the Politics of Failure is an EXCELLENT book by Dan Baum chronicling the development of drug policy in the U.S. throughout the course of the drug war from its nascent beginnings all the way up to the mid 90's. I can not give it a higher recommendation.
>>
>>7497999
The Cartel is pretty entertaining and informative.
>>
The Power of the dog

kind of historical fiction/thriller mashup with the main protag being at the center of the war on drugs from the 70s to the 90s
>>
>>7497999
This:
http://www.nyjournalofbooks.com/book-review/rule-clan-what-ancient-form-social-organization-reveals-about-future-individual-freedom
>>
Chasing the Scream by Johann Hari
>>
>>7497999
Chasing the Scream: The Beginning and End of the War on Drugs
>>
>>7500085
>>7500065
thanks
>>
>>7498515
>Sicario and Lobster for MOTY
:^ ]
>>
>>7498001
It panders to American neo-con politics and is a story about converting liberals(as embodied by the lady detective) to support war on drugs and violence in general.

Neo-Con apologist movie. I r8 1/8.
>>
The Underground Empire
>>
File: killingpablo.jpg (86 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
killingpablo.jpg
86 KB, 500x667
What are some good non-fiction books about Pablo Escobar and the Colombian cartels? I see pic related recommended everywhere but is it actually any good?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.