[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what are you drinking, writing or reading right now /lit/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: vScreenshot_1421277752456.jpg (136 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
vScreenshot_1421277752456.jpg
136 KB, 640x480
who here is drinking tonight?
what are you drinking, writing or reading right now /lit/?

>tfw next few days i'm gonna be getting fucked out of my mind on cheap whiskey and doing nothing but smoking, reading out loud alone until i pass out and rinse and repeat until we're well into the new year
usually i drink whiskey for two days straight, pass out for a day then repeat... it works like a charm and is probably the best way to ensure you are severely fucked up desu.
don't know about you but at this time of year i tend to almost hibernate until after the new year. everyone is full of joy for no reason at all and i can't stand it

what are your plans for the next couple of weeks /lit/?

>inb4 the bog standard dinner with family and open my presents
fuck that
>>
>straight edge
>reading war and peace
>>
>>7497758
>Chocolate milk
>The Book of Ebenezer Le Page
>>
> sauvignon blanc
> various academic non-fiction ~tomes~

remember to stay hydrated everyone!
>>
drinking nothing
reading john cheever and later some faulkner
>>
>Lyme Bay Traditional Mead
>The Timaeus
>>
>>7497772
navy rum and lager, reading /lit/ to be honest
>>
>>7497758

>coffee now, whiskey earlier, whiskey later

>Ulysses and A Discourse on Inequality by Rousseau

Wew pal
>>
>>7497936
both had obsessions with the human behind frankly

joyce with farts and rousseau with spanking i believe
>>
>>7497772
>>7497837
>>7497860
live a little lads

>>7497846
>remember to stay hydrated everyone!
i ''hydrate'' via 30 or so painkillers over the course of about 12 hours. keeps me going so i can drink more. pretty sure i'm not making it past fifty in this life

>>7497931
not bad

>>7497936
i like to drink coffee when drinking whiskey aswell, nothing beats an espresso when you're sick of the booze.
>>
>>7498075
what kind of painkillers?
>>
>>7497758

I gave up drink a few months back.

I've regretted it every day since.

This time of year is miserable. The only thing I want for Christmas is bourbon. Instead I'll just get several hours of tense conversation and forced laughter with friends and family.

I'm terrified of looking like a bitch. Only reason I haven't sunk back into a drunken haze yet. Might take a vacation next week just so I can get away from anyone with even the smallest level of interest in me.

When I close my eyes and pretend to sleep I see myself in a cheap, musky motel room. The kind with floral-print comforters on their beds and a television as old as I am. I'm listening to a playlist made exclusively of Liszt and Death Grips to drown out the white noise of yelling addicts and sex from the neighboring rooms. I'm lining up empty bottles in a neat row, ordered by how long ago I finished them. Writing shitty poetry on a pad of index paper, laughing at the way the words weave in and out of the lines. Like a record of the fight between my drunkenness and my focus.

I need to go to work.
>>
dirty martinis before dinner and wild turkey at night, wew
>>
>>7498128
>sober holiday seasons

Sounds horrible. Especially new years.
>>
>>7498115
all kinds

>>7498128
if it is really all you want in this life then go for it. i've been living like this since fifteen and i'm twenty three now... i wouldn't recommend it to anyone. everything you love will slide out of view and be replaced by loss and an early grave. fuck all and any romanticism, if you are clean, stay clean. if not: ''I am what I am and what will be, will be'' do not be average in anything.
>>
>>7498194
acetaminophens don't make you be able to drink more anon, they're just a useless burden on your liver.
>>
File: 298351.jpg (37 KB, 553x567) Image search: [Google]
298351.jpg
37 KB, 553x567
>sipping wild Turkey 101
>reading Dune

I just started reading again and I have to say buzzed reading is amazing.
>>
>>7498233
wt101 really has that comfy holiday feel
>>
>>7498245
Yah it's the first time I've had it. I'm only 19(USA) so I'm not very experienced with alcohol.
>>
>>7498227
i find pain killers help when drinking. i have a set routine:
>litres of alcohol within a period of usually around two days
>no sleep at all during this time
>several espressos throughout this time for energy
>no solid food or food at all
>vomit several times throughout each day
>drink through any sickness, it will soon pass
>begin taking painkillers and or other drugs
>at this point i'm usually two or more days in
>starting to ''fade out''
>eventually unable to stand or move
>soon pass out
>out cold for around twelve to sixteen hours
>wake up
>more painkillers and other drugs
>sober up the rest of the day
>eat, eat, eat, eat and eat some more
>begin process again
>>
>>7498319
>>7498075
>painkillers and alcohol mixture

Do you guys not care about your body?
>>
File: david_foster_wallace.jpg (36 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
david_foster_wallace.jpg
36 KB, 750x500
>>7497758
I'm drinking water.
>>
>>7498420
>>begin process again
not at all
>>
I'm mentally stable so:
>reading War and Peace
>drinking chocolate milk
>tomorrow lunch with my family
>Christmas, wake up and do presents
>Leave for college next day
>>
>>7498482
>leave for college the next day

Damn we don't go back til Jan 14.
>>
>>7498439
what the hell is water?
>>
>>7498506
The only reason I have to go back is because I'm going on this gay ass trip with my pol science class.
>>
>>7498319
Sounds more like a hesitant death wish than a good way to drink. Waste of liquor to be honest.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.