[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>lend one of your favorite books to a friend >realize you're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1426858342702.jpg (31 KB, 456x320) Image search: [Google]
1426858342702.jpg
31 KB, 456x320
>lend one of your favorite books to a friend
>realize you're probably never going to see that shit again
>>
>"Christmas loans"

I wonder who could be behind this concept...
>>
>oh no my $4 paperback might be lost forever, now I'll have to download a pdf if I want to read it again
life is suffering op
>>
>get book back
>it's all wrinkled and bent
>>
>>7497036

His trust is getting betrayed by those closest to him.

Life is actually hard.
>>
A friend told me a story about six months ago about how he loaned one of his favorite books to the girl he was sweet on in high school (we graduated four years ago).

She kept it way longer than was necessary, and when she returned it it was in three pieces. (It was a hard cover, too.)

So I bought him a new copy of the same book for Christmas this year.
>>
>>7497069
You're a good friend
>>
>give your friend a good book
>the pleb doesn't read it and gives it back after two weeks
>>
File: Portrait_of_the_Rus_388365a.jpg (1 MB, 1106x1500) Image search: [Google]
Portrait_of_the_Rus_388365a.jpg
1 MB, 1106x1500
I read Lolita in the 7th grade and then lent it to someone when I was finished

I forgot about it until almost two years later, when I find out it's being passed from pubescent boy to pubescent boy around the whole fucking school
>mfw
>>
You don't lend books to people you massive nonces. Books are given, not lent.
Unless you're living in the same house, any book you hand over to someone, you shouldn't expect to ever see it again. You should know this by now.
>>
File: 1422792802140.jpg (14 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1422792802140.jpg
14 KB, 306x306
>>7497020
>completely fucking ruin everything I borrow
>feel bad about it
>eventually refuse to accept loaned items from people because I know I'll destroy them
>>
I think my ex gf that I haven't spoken to in years still has my Generation Kill.......
>>
>>7497090
What's a library?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.