[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So this was effectively a confession right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 31X29SZKFXL.jpg (14 KB, 308x475) Image search: [Google]
31X29SZKFXL.jpg
14 KB, 308x475
So this was effectively a confession right?
>>
File: nabbed.jpg (62 KB, 411x395) Image search: [Google]
nabbed.jpg
62 KB, 411x395
>>7492307
>>
This is why I'm sometimes afraid of putting out writing that has dweeby or morally corrupt characters.
>>
>>7492469
that's fine, we don't need more pedophiles releasing their smut.
>>
>>7492485
I'm actually just talking about general negative traits of main characters.

All my pedophile stuff is under a pseudonym.
>>
>>7492307
>So this was effectively a confession right?
Go read LATH and try not to be a moron
>>
No. If you read more than that, Nabokov does seem to have suffered from some aberrant sexuality, but I think it has to do more with an inability to perform in the way a woman wants. I don't mean he was impotent, but there is a recurring scene in his works where he has a woman sit on his lap as a one-sided sexual experience, and it happens enough times that I'm pretty sure this was one of Nabokov's definitional experiences.

I don't think anyone has any good reasoning besides a shallow reading of Lolita to think Nabokov was a child rapist. He might have been a pedophile, sure, but his description of the psychology didn't strike me as particularly authentic. He was more interested in trying to describe a kind of abusive sociopathy, it seems to me. The pedophilia seemed incidental.
>>
>>7493436
>his description of the psychology didn't strike me as particularly authentic
You can say that again.
>Muh childhood even that has warped my views for life
Seemed like an explanation for Humbert's obsession to placate normie readers.
>>
File: 56765867867.jpg (9 KB, 239x210) Image search: [Google]
56765867867.jpg
9 KB, 239x210
>>7492307
>>7492307
>>7492307
not only are you wrong in the sincere sense, but if you're saying this as a joke, then you misunderstood the book
>>
>>7493682
We've established that already.
>>
>>7492307
A confession that children are fucking horny.
>>
>>7493827

meh that's not a 'confession', that would be a lazy restatement of freud.
>>
>>7492485
technically

The words pedophile and pedophilia are commonly used informally to describe an adult's sexual interest in pubescent or post-pubescent teenagers. The terms hebephilia or ephebophilia may be more accurate in these cases.
>>
Of course not. Nabokov was post-sexual.
>>
me (in english class): you want to be careful not to identify the narrator with the author. they're not the same. clearly different. also, the intentional fallacy.

me (reading): what a fucking sicko
>>
>>7494486
>i am a pseudo and i like shitposting about it
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.