[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do i skip through the greeks and the western canon? i have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1450666844527.jpg (219 KB, 1134x1001) Image search: [Google]
1450666844527.jpg
219 KB, 1134x1001
how do i skip through the greeks and the western canon?
i have other books in my backlog that i really want to read.
>>
>>7492079
Remind yourself that they were slavers, murderers and pedo's, hypocritical in everything they wrote, and the mass corruption we see in our world today is mostly because of their model of democracy, which encourages hollow power hungry people to do anything to rule the world.
>>
>>7492079
>>7492096

Why don't you skip life and off yourselves, plebs.
>>
>>7492079
Read what you want, it's easier. When you genuinely want to read the greeks, go back to them.
>>
>>7492079
>how do I skip through the greeks?
>how do I choose to avoid something I want to avoid?
>how do I do a thing?

that's all i'm getting out of your grammar m80. fucken do the thing by doing it.
>>
>reading cis gender white men
>despite the current year
>>
>>7495497
>implying women ever wrote anything worthwhile
>implying white men didn't conquer the world and build modern civilisation
Ok, cuck.
>>
>>7492079

wikipedia, youtube, sparknotes and other sites like it, just plain skimming the books, there are many ways or reading the book without actually reading the book.
>>
File: 40 feels in the desert.jpg (456 KB, 1488x1284) Image search: [Google]
40 feels in the desert.jpg
456 KB, 1488x1284
>>7492079
Just read what you want and go back to the greeks later
>>
>>7492079
>how do i skip through the greeks and the western canon?

OK so get this, it's like reading the Greeks and western canon, except you just don't and read something else instead

Apply this concept to literally anything else and all existence is yours
>>
Read some secondary works that give an overview of it. That's how most people read philosophy anyway. It's more interesting and less work.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.