[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw I fast-tracked the Western canon and now I'm better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: 1450664570853.jpg (114 KB, 1359x960) Image search: [Google]
1450664570853.jpg
114 KB, 1359x960
>tfw I fast-tracked the Western canon and now I'm better read than 99% of /lit/
>The Iliad
>The Odyssey
>Plato's Republic
>The Aeneid
>Ovid's Metamorphoses
>The Bible
>The Divine Comedy
>The Canterbury Tales
>Shakespeare's tragedies
>Paradise Lost
>Moby-Dick
>Ulysses
>The Recognitions
>Gravity's Rainbow
>Women and Men
>Infinite Jest
>2666
>>
>>7490535
thank you for allowing me to post in your thread

truly you are a great man!
>>
>>7490535
K.. Keep me posted
>>
>Moby-Dick

Ah yes, the version written by Herman-Melville? I forget his last name.
>>
File: Moby-Dick_FE_title_page.jpg (103 KB, 840x1380) Image search: [Google]
Moby-Dick_FE_title_page.jpg
103 KB, 840x1380
>>7490561
>Being this self-assured
>>
File: 1406172373232.jpg (44 KB, 480x587) Image search: [Google]
1406172373232.jpg
44 KB, 480x587
>>7490535
>forcing yourself to read through the memelist

You could have taken your time and enjoyed yourself, but now you've gone and done this. See what /lit/ does to the average American. See it for yourself you bastards.
>>
I'm proud of you for having read 17 books.
>>
>>7490617
More than you, pleb-boy. If your number is any higher, it's because it's padded with Stephen King or Harry Potter books. I'm laughing my fucking head off at how great you, a pleb, think you are.
>>
ok, but have you read On The Road, loved it, and then become ashamed by that love as you slowly mine yourself into the soft of actually worthwhile fiction?

fast tracking shmast shmacking
>>
You're still a Pleb OP
>>
File: tai-lopez-scam.jpg (27 KB, 854x476) Image search: [Google]
tai-lopez-scam.jpg
27 KB, 854x476
>>7490535
How'd ya do it OP? Did you use his method?
>>
>>7490624
Man this bait is awful
I'm embarrassed for you
>>
>>7490535
>>>/r/books/
>>
>>7490624
>zero aristotle
>calling others pleb even ironically
>>
With a few exceptions, this is basically just what everyone should have read by the end of high school, this is the beginning of being well read.
>>
>No Brothers Karamazov or Ficciones
Almost there
>>
>>7490535
Put that gun in your mouth and pull the trigger.
>>
>>7490535
I'm working on it, but I don't think your reading list is complete. What did you learn? How does having read all of those impact your life now? For me, as I work through the classics, I have a better idea of the progression of social thought.
>>
>>7490535
>Gravity's Rainbow
>Infinite Jest

Are we supposed to be impressed?

You consider this to be Western canon? Are you serious? Please go back to Reddit.

Furthermore, is the man in your photo supposed to be alpha or something? The fucking faggot only has daughters, no sons. The sign of a true beta.
>>
>>7490535
"fast-tracked"
v. transitive: "to speed up the processing, production, or construction of in order to meet a goal"
>"look at the size of my library guise!"

You read books just so you can brag about them? You're the literal definition of a faggot, cf UD:

"In these times not really used if somebody is really a homosexual mostly used insteap of calling somebody stupid or a loser."

anhero implied
>>
>>7490535
>he fell for the meme books
My sides. You wasted your time reading through those doorstoppers while the rest of us actually had fun reading enjoyable books.
>>
>>7493652
Fresh off Reddit or so autistic you've posted this for years?
>>
I want to stick my dick in every hole in that pic. Every single one of them... with no exceptions.
>>
Now go back and read something by St. Augustine. You ought to read at least one theologian, and he's both the greatest and the most accessible.
>>
>>7490535
>No Proust
>>>>>>>trash
>>
>>7492013
>The sign of a true beta.

This. Reading The Brothers K. I was put off by Dosto trying to portray Fyodor Pavlovich as a loser. I was thinking "this guy had three sons, three out of three, that's as alpha as it gets"). Then he cucks his own son and I was happy to know I was right all along
>>
>>7493741
If anyone thinks this post is a joke or something, btw, then you're wrong. There are people who actually think/see the world in this way, and this Anonymous is one of them. I know, it's kind of incredible and hard to believe, but it's true.
>>
File: rembrant3.jpg (666 KB, 3000x2334) Image search: [Google]
rembrant3.jpg
666 KB, 3000x2334
>>7490535
You may want to read so more recent philosophy if you already read the Republic.

Try Descartes' Meditations, Kant's 1st critique, and Hegel's phenomenology of spirit.

Also, read some random non-contemporary scientific or medical text. Try Galen.
>>
>>7493741
you didn't realize fyodor was meant to stand in for a jew? /pol/ is so dumb it can't even pick up on their own brand of racism.
>>
>>7490535
>white male authors

current year
>>
>>7490535
>fast-tracked
>better read
Reading only one of those books while actually thinking about them or at the very least enjoying them would automatically make someone better read than you.

Though I guess you're right in that most of /lit/ has read literally zero of those.
>>
Wow /lit/, can't believe you're actually taking this bait. I feel like I'm watching piranha frenzy over rubber ham.
>>
>>7490535

>fast-tracking the greats

Congratulations with the achievement unlock.

Poshlost.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.