[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Meta thread? Meta thread. We do polls and infographics about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7
File: lit rules.png (57 KB, 1005x438) Image search: [Google]
lit rules.png
57 KB, 1005x438
Meta thread?

Meta thread.

We do polls and infographics about books etc all the time, but does anyone want to help me sort out the chronology of /lit/'s meme authors? What i've come up with is hardly comprehensive and some of the chronology is surely wrong.

>Ayn Rand; from day one, she was this board's troll magnet, leading to pic related
>Murakami; general agreement/frequent subject of posts
>Borges; general agreement/frequent subject of posts
>Brautigan; meme status fizzled, but was really popular for a few days, IIRC. maybe not list material.
>Tao Lin; he came here
>Joyce; ares full of farts, meme trilogy
>DWF; general agreement/frequent subject of posts, meme trilogy
>Pinecone; general agreement/frequent subject of posts, meme trilogy, alleged to have come here, but that was outed as a ruse i think. good thread, though.
>Stirner; >muh spooks
>"trolley problem"; not really an author, i guess
>Kharms; iranbro
>"start with the greeks"; we always had a lot of philo threads but i don't remember a specific greek being a meme until they were encapsulated by the SWtG meme. could totally be wrong, tho.
>Dworkin, current shitty forced meme

DFW was probably earlier? I want to say maybe Orson Scott Card and GRRM go on here somewhere, but not sure they defined the board culture, since we tend to shit on genre? i mean Rowling and Meyers got posted enough to be memetic, i suppose, but only because they were memes of the larger culture, not specifically /lit/.

i was focusing on authors, but we could open it up to all our memes if we want.
>>
Dresden Files were a meme for a little bit. I fell for it and had to read 3 books before I realized /lit/ is full of shit.
>>
not authors, but
>corn
and
>subvocalize
?
>>
File: cap moot book.png (104 KB, 796x638) Image search: [Google]
cap moot book.png
104 KB, 796x638
bump for memes
>>
Someone was meming gene wolf or whatever his name was pretty hard a few months ago
>>
File: anon v d&e BB.jpg (93 KB, 678x516) Image search: [Google]
anon v d&e BB.jpg
93 KB, 678x516
>>
>>7488741
Dworkin isn't a meme. It's one Tumblrina posting her shite all over /lit/.
>>
>>7489754
>lacking the capacity to self-critically think about your actions and the culture to which you belong
>>
File: 1449974284449.jpg (60 KB, 546x700) Image search: [Google]
1449974284449.jpg
60 KB, 546x700
>>7489754
Hey Dworkin poster!
>>
File: la8bR.jpg (76 KB, 490x735) Image search: [Google]
la8bR.jpg
76 KB, 490x735
/lit/ sure could use a TAR replacement
>>
Stoner and The Book of Disquiet have been quietly but consistently popular here since at least 2012.
>>
Zizek, Nietzche and Augustine have all had their five minutes of meme.
>>
You forgot the faux-christians and their endless christposting
>>
>>7489806
>>7489813

ah, good ones. how could i have forgotten.

>>7489829
ya, "christposting" should go after SWtG, i guess.

and i wasn't really serious about Dwarve-kin, i thought that was implied by calling it a shitty forced meme
>>
File: capsguy.jpg (358 KB, 500x616) Image search: [Google]
capsguy.jpg
358 KB, 500x616
>>
>>7489100
Somehow both expected and disappointing.
>>
>>7489963
nostalgia :(

feels bad man

where's capsguy?
>>
File: REM read poster.jpg (134 KB, 570x851) Image search: [Google]
REM read poster.jpg
134 KB, 570x851
>>7489976
>tfw you gave CAPSGUY that pic because his trip reminded you of a story your grandma used to read to you
>>
Stirner, Schopenhauer and Hegel are all huge memes

Marxism used to be big before it turned into Catholicism.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.