[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some strange /lit/erary habits you guys have? I pace
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 600x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 600x360
What are some strange /lit/erary habits you guys have? I pace for an hour or two immediately after finishing a book, lost in thought.
>>
File: image.jpg (202 KB, 1241x1219) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
202 KB, 1241x1219
I pace while reading. I create strange loop scavenger hunts in library books. I throw out dust jackets. I use a knife to follow along. I read good books 5x in a row and take copious notes, then listen to the audiobook and eventually copy the whole thing by hand.
>>
i don't breathe until i've finished a page
>>
>>7485869
Post a pic of your copies
>>
>>7485874
>i don't breathe until i've finished a page
Didn't know the valsalva effect applies to reading
>>
>>7485874
Do you really do this ?
>>
When I get tired I stand up bob hasidically while reading
>>
>>7485856
i masturbate after each chapter that i read.
>>
I masturbate my two male rabbits to the point of orgasm and use their excretions as a natural glue that binds together the dog-eared corner with the rest of the page.

It sounds like a lot of work when I could just as easily use a bookmark or use my own semen but I get to talk to Gouda and Trunks (rabbit's names) about what I just read and it calms all three of us down.

Not that weird I guess, just take an extra step or two to mark where I leave off at in a book.
>>
seems like everyone paces. i assumed it was just adhd or w/e
>>
File: 1447368194848.jpg (8 KB, 222x225) Image search: [Google]
1447368194848.jpg
8 KB, 222x225
>>7487175

kek
>>
>>7487175

>>7487175

You can tell that this dude is hoping his epic, lolrandom post will be screenshotted and reposted endlessly, thus knitting his words into the tapestry of 4chan forever.

But nah. You failed at being funny, and I have seen right through your pathetic attempt.
>>
>>7486983

The valsalva manoeuvre is when you close your airways and blow to regulate pressure in your sinuses, not just holding your breath.
>>
I bob my knees while doing reload animations from various videogames
>>
>>7487239

>I have seen right through your pathetic attempt.

Premium cringe, all around good show.
>>
>>7487175
OH MY SCIENCE, WHAT A GREAT r/4CHAN POST
>"ANON HAS WEIRD LITERARY HABITS"
LOL 3000 UPBOATS HAHAHAHAH HILARIOUS STUFF MY MAN
>>
>>7487115
Moby-Dick must have been a fun read.
>>
>>7488185
This, I was actually curious coming into this thread.

I'm always careful never to break the spines of books and I don't dogear my pages or anything. I know a lit agrees with this, but whenever some tumblrista sees the book Im reading she always asks me if I've even started it. I just like to keep them in good condition, I never got why you'd wanna mangle the book and write all over it and Im not sure how underlining parts of the book you like somehow authenticates your reading of it.
>>
>>7488252
Yeah I know this, but for me its so bad I used to buy new books to keep in my shelf and just threw the read copy out. Nowadays I read on Kindle. I can't understand people who say "books should be read, not left on shelves", especially in forewords and shit. Can't stand it. I like to have a nice-looking library, not one that looks second hand or old. Signed copies and otherwise valuable books do have a place there, but its a small library and the only cool thing I have, I want it to look nice.
>>
>>7488940
Exactly, I feel the same way anon. I like to by nice, early editions of books, and feel ashamed whenever I slap a penguins classics in the pile (whose spines I do usually break, just for the aesthetic. That black spine is really an eyesore).
>>
>>7486983

Hip draaaave!
>>
>>7487186

ADHD is a spook.
>>
>>7489311

It's what you tell stupid kids so they don't feel bad about needing potent psychostimulants to focus for longer than a chimp.
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 960x632) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 960x632
>>7487175
>dog-earring your books
>>
After reading a book I feel an overpowering urge to go on to anime image boards so I can anonymously call people plebs.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.