[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the Evangelion of literature?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
What is the Evangelion of literature?
>>
Ulysses
>>
There's nothing, no writers of literature hate their own medium and readers that much.
>>
>>7484183
What do you mean?
>>
>>7484190
The show is just Anno's self loathing mental breakdown and bitter hatred for the otaku sub culture that he was a part of brought into animated form.
>>
>>7483934
the Dark Tower series
>>
>>7484190

I mean the essence of Evangelion is anti-anime. Its primary purpose is to offend, enrage and disappoint people (specifically, typical anime nerds) who Anno considers an unworthy audience for his work.

Of course, plenty of anime fans are too dumb to realise that Eva is insulting them. And honestly for every anime trope that it subtly or not-so-subtly converts into mockery of its audience, there's another one that it uncritically propagates. So Anno ended up trolling himself just as badly as he trolled his audience. And his mission to BTFO anime nerds is further hindered by the fact that as a piece of work in its own right, Eva is rather pretentious and shallow.

I still quite like it though
>>
File: 1442078558631.jpg (285 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
1442078558631.jpg
285 KB, 1440x1080
Childhood's End is its biggest literary influence.
>>7484190
It's pure misanthropy over the failures of his studio work to gain praise, in the form of a serious satire. No one watches it properly anymore, though, so they end up hating or loving it for all the wrong reasons.
>>
>>7484238
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe49Y861zDs
>>
>>7483934
nigga have you ever even read Revelations

it's literally Revelations
>>
>>7484252

It's revelation
>>
>>7484252
No, it's literally Childhood's End and it's called Revelation
>>
>>7484183
That doesn't mean he was trying to creative something great. Its kind of like
Finnegans Wake, it challenges the reader to enjoy something that isn't straightforward. Same with GR and a few other books like that
>>
>>7484208
>implying no writer has suffered a mental breakdown while writing their most famous work
>>
The Catcher in the Rye.
>>
>>7484190
The whole anime is a giant fuck you to anime fans, who are too dumb to see it.
>>
anime is degeneracy
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.