[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/lit/, I ask you, why do authors always feel the need to insert
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: deadpan.jpg (22 KB, 332x500) Image search: [Google]
deadpan.jpg
22 KB, 332x500
/lit/, I ask you, why do authors always feel the need to insert cucks in their works?
I just got done finished reading the torrents of spring by turgenev, and right before the end of the last chapter a wittol makes his appearance.

what I want to know is, why?
>>
>>7483615
Literally all published writers are cucks.
They write as a result of cuckoldry, not in spite of it.
>>
>>7483618
But why?
>>
ancient authors are all insecure of getting cucked because in days of yore it happened all the time. now the fear persists because ppl continue reading old novels. look at movie of 2014: David Lipsky and Wallace in End of the Tour are both scared of eachother as possible cucks because they have read too many cuckbooks.
>>
Well, I figure I'll ask here anyways.
Does Fathers and Sons also feature cucks?
>>
Because it's a fairly commonplace thing to happen in life, and upsetting so worth writing about. Stop obsessing over cuckoldry you bunch of weidoes.
>>
>>7483622
>cuckbooks
I feel like this is a derogatory name for some brand.
>>
>>7483657
Okay, so it relates to the human condition, that's fine. But why do they write people acquiescent to their wife's infidelity?
>>
File: plato.png (513 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
plato.png
513 KB, 800x600
>>7483619
A writer is someone who dedicates his life to living vicariously, constantly involved with representation rather than reality. It only makes sense they would enjoy the idea of someone fucking their object of desire more than fucking the object of desire themselves.

This is why art and artists should be banned.
>>
>>7483659
I don't know, why don't you ask your father?
>>
>>7483673
OH SHIT M9

I did and he told me that because your father enjoyed watching your mom and him fuck.
>>
hurr why do so many books have CONFLICT in them, why do so many books have PEOPLE in them, why do so many books have WORDS!!! just WHY, why can't even a single author leave any of these thigns OUT I just don't underSTAND!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>7483696
You can stop posting now, John Green.
>>
>>7483658
actually it is practically a blanket term for all literature since nearly all novels involve cucking. I am also working on something I am calling a cuckbook, which will be a book of "recipes" for the perfect literary (i.e. cuck) relationship—would you prefer to give your gf away to a Jamal or a José, the differences between the sloppy seconds in each case, etc.—allowing the reader to make up his mind based on information provided.
>>
>>7483615

Name 50 books from the canon containing cucks.

The reason they are included in a few of them is because cucks are a part of reality. Estimates range between 3-10% of children are bastards raised by men who don't know they aren't the father.
>>
>>7483802
Well yeah, I don't have any problem with authors writing a cuck into his story if it helps the plot. The thing becomes weird however, when they write a man knowing that his wife is going to bang a guy and out of all the things he should probably do he makes a bet with her to see if she can actually seduce the guy or not.
>>
>>7483824

Is that how it is in the Turgenev novel? Sounds interesting.

There really isn't a way one "should" act. Being capable of entertaining a thought or point of view without accepting it is the mark of an educated mind, y'know.
>>
>>7483834
Well, I'm just speaking off-hand here, but the first thing that comes into the head of people (normal people) upon nuptial infidelity is murder, and a sizable portion go through with it. source: why women have sex.
>>
>>7483839

Sure, jealousy is a pretty common part of the human condition.

This raises the inquiry about the cuck in question - is he a massive loser, or does he simply not give a fuck about the woman, thereby rendering him incapable of jealousy at her actions?

Given that he tries to bet about it, I'm inclined to guess the latter is the case, but I'd like to read it myself.
>>
>>7483672
did plato invent fascism?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.