[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you write friendly or love notes in the empty pages at the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: hmmm.jpg (19 KB, 217x395) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.jpg
19 KB, 217x395
Do you write friendly or love notes in the empty pages at the beginning of a book when you give it to someone as a gift?
>>
>>7480520
I prefer the unmarked cards with nice pastel or season appropriate florals, just because not everyone likes their books marked, and people always seem to like opening up a note and reading it quietly and not letting anyone else do so.
>>
File: 20151003_112848.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20151003_112848.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>7480520
Only if I'm tryna bust my nuts up in they guts 2bhwu famm. Otherwise no.
>>
> summer 2014
> parents divorcing
> pick up White Noise
> note in front cover from my Dad to Mom saying he hopes she enjoys it
> note from my Mom to a friend saying she's so excited to get married

Just poetry my shit up.
>>
File: 12.jpg (834 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
834 KB, 2048x1536
>>7480520
I'm a lecturer at a Russel Group university in the UK. Every Christmas I give a few distinguished students whom I teach, one of the first editions that I have stored away in my home library as a token of gratitude to show that they have made my teaching worthwhile.

I dare not write on these, as some might be of high value, but I often give them a few tips on how to improve themselves and their work on a little A4 paper that I fold and place inside the text.
>>
I do...in ink. to my nieces...my wife...my parents...whomever. it's a gift and I always make it a thoughtful one. I write a short sentence and the year.
>>
>>7481416
I hope you use less dots in there.
>>
>>7481430
Fewer. Fewer dots.
>>
>>7481438
That too.
>>
Please don't do that. I always end up crying in used book stores.
>>
>>7481507
What kind of fucking jerkoff sells personal mementos anyway? I've got every gift an ex girlfriend has ever given me in the back of my closet because it's just not right to get rid of them. One girl gave me a book for Valentine's Day and it's still right there on my bookshelf because I like the book.
>>
>>7481584
Hey, maybe they needed to raise money for the palliative care for a family member.
>>
File: hibari bed.png (158 KB, 500x357) Image search: [Google]
hibari bed.png
158 KB, 500x357
My dad told me that's an obligation, you're showing them why you thought of them when looking at that book and it makes that book unique for them. Then he stopped doing it with the books he gave me. Good times.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.