[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Get a Graph Give a Name
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Get a Graph Give a Name.png (15 KB, 791x930) Image search: [Google]
Get a Graph Give a Name.png
15 KB, 791x930
Lets start out relatively simple:
>3 linear stories
>red line indicates a change in Time, Perception, or State of Reality different from that of the work as a whole
These are the only mechanics so far in focus over time line graph, give a title.

There is no right answer, just an intended one, whatever story you can give that follows the portrayal of the graph will suffice
>>
>>7478638
me in the middle tbqh family
>>
hamlet for the first one
>>
>>7478638
Moby-Dick for the third one
>>
File: Get a Graph Give a Name.png (18 KB, 791x930) Image search: [Google]
Get a Graph Give a Name.png
18 KB, 791x930
>>7478659
Holy hell who the fuck are you, I thought my interpretation was shit.

Next three, with new mechanics
>no change in Time, Perception, or State of Reality
>2 choose your own adventure stories
>1 nonlinear non-vectorized story basis written by an author without release
>>
>>7478674
I am not sure if the beginning would be considered a flashback, but if you consider the entirety an illusion maybe it would be more suited for a red line through the middle not at the end points.
>>7478650
It does imply mental illness!
>>
>>7478755
>It does imply mental illness!
thanks lol :)
>>
>>7478755
Wouldn't a red line in the middle be the same thing as red lines on the end; aren't they just signifying different time/perception ect?

For moby-Dick I was thinking that the begging and end were like him telling a story, while the middle was more like him being in the story.
>>
>>7478687
>without release
What does this mean?
For the 3rd one, catch-22
>>
>>7478687
Goosebumps CYOA for 1 or 2
>>
>>7478788
Its a poorly described mechanic, I did say change you are right. I thought the beginning was nearly the same as the majority of the story, the end is definitely different as the middle is prompted to be the perceptible setting.

I need to reread the beginning, I think you may be right.
>>7478790
The piece was still in the making before the author died, it was never released. It isn't a typical literary release in that sense. The content ranges with no definiteness besides lying within the bounds of the line.
>>7478795
Yes, if you dont have a title then choose one based on how the writer lays out his options to the reader. Note that the second one only has options that end the book where the first one has more depth to the options given.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.