[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I went to the library last night and did a reading. My piece
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 1450309165077.jpg (242 KB, 845x1036) Image search: [Google]
1450309165077.jpg
242 KB, 845x1036
I went to the library last night and did a reading. My piece wasn't very long and I spent the last half hour reading my book's 1-star reviews on Amazon.

I need a break.

I want to turn The Legacy of Totalitarianism in a Tundra into a screenplay. Are you guys interested?
>>
>>7478630
Get with the times, gramps. Hypersphere's the shit.
>>
>>7478630
Give amazon link for your book.
>>
File: 1438534877641.jpg (36 KB, 500x351) Image search: [Google]
1438534877641.jpg
36 KB, 500x351
>>7478651

It's shit.

http://www.amazon.com/Crappy-Shorts-Make-Crap-Your-ebook/dp/B00GXY5NCM
>>
>>7478630
Source on pic
>>
>>7478746

The 'ol spicy keychain.
>>
>>7478630
TLoTiaT is unfilmable, don't bother
>>
>>7478740
> Not particularly outstanding compared to other tales from /r/shortscarystories on reddit.
OUCH. I also like how the positive reviews are generally less well written.
>>
>>7478757

I was actually thinking of making it into a road trip style documentary.

A group of young guys track down the enigmatic and reclusive author of an online manifesto called The Legacy of Totalitarianism in a Tundra.

I thought it would be funny if at one point they're locked out of a building, and one guy says, "Don't worry, I have ice powers." And then he freezes the doorknob and breaks it off like the girl from Frozen. Nobody says anything, and it's never mentioned again.
>>
File: 1423024081963.gif (483 KB, 207x154) Image search: [Google]
1423024081963.gif
483 KB, 207x154
>>7478740
From the book description: "Get it now for your loved ones, or don’t, I don’t care, I don’t love them."

I can tell you don't care, Rory, I can tell. Yes, the art calls up memories of Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark, but the writing... I'll just say Rory Donahoe needs to be introduced to a professional editor. In the final story, the grammar is so broken you can't discern the meaning of entire sentences.

An example: "As I walked down the opposite side of the road it always lead me by a few hundred feet, always out of sight, always in the dark."

Then you have the multitude of typos that could have been caught by a simple, inexpensive proofread: "They legs bent at awkward angles and moved in a strange frenetic gait slowly toward me - sizing me up." Which makes me wonder... how were the legs sizing the narrator up?

I won't go into heavy detail on the repetition of words problem. Suffice it to say there's one story were the word "walked" is used four times in one short paragraph.

The stories themselves are not bad. In fact, "The Leak" is rather creepy. I think with a solid edit, these stories could be molded into something special. But only if Rory learns to care
>>
>>7478760

People are insane. I don't even read them. Even the positive ones usually make no sense. The ones that really bother me are the 2 or 3 star half page reviews, like they're taking this way too seriously.
>>
>>7478766

DO IT
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.