[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I make sincere art? Everything I do is self aware and ironic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 448x252
How do I make sincere art? Everything I do is self aware and ironic
>>
build up the courage to be honest
>>
>>7478243
>How do I make sincere art
dont
>>
jfc do you have no beliefs about anything?
>>
>>7478243
Lobotomize yself
>>
Write a dystopic steampunk novella about a lesbian that must pretend to be straight
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 500x750
>>7478250
I don't know what I believe in anymore I'm too steeped in irony and real life shitposting 2bh stepfam
>>
File: become hard.jpg (43 KB, 492x597) Image search: [Google]
become hard.jpg
43 KB, 492x597
Whereas in all productive men instinct is the truly creative and affirming power, and consciousness acts as a critical and cautioning reaction, in Socrates instinct becomes the critic, consciousness becomes the creator—truly a monstrosity per defectum [from some defect]! Indeed, we do perceive here a grotesque defectus [defect] of every mystical talent, so that Socrates can be considered a specific case of the non-mystical man, in whom the logical character has become simply too massive through excessive use, just like instinctive wisdom in the mystic.
(birth of tragedy #13)
>>
>>7478243
stop thinking in memes

stop being a coward

stop following meaningless micro trends

have something to say

have a way to say it
>>
>>7478349
But cowardice and meaning are memes
>>
>>7478351
no they're not you retard. The only reason the new generation thinks such things are because that is exactly what the ruling elites that have always been running this planet wants you to believe. They want you to feel despair, because a man in despair will accept everything that is handed to him.

They want you to work and not upset the system, nothing more.

Cowardice and bravery are real tangible things. Humans can also engage in meaningful activities, or are you saying that you've never experienced anything meaningful in your life?
>>
>>7478243
Allow yourself to fall into yourself.
It will feel like a spiralling, crippling form of depression, and it's similar... but it isn't depression.
Put yourself in a position where you forget the world around you even exists. The people are there but they are not inside your mind.
You must lose track of time and your sense of ''reality''.
Be outrageously stubborn and do not allow yourself to bend for anyone or anything.
Do what you want to do, no questions.

This is all vital otherwise you will be doing things just so that you can write about them or say that you have done them. Once you start to actually live it, you will no longer have to think. You will have something to say and the writing or whatever art it is, will flow out naturally like a sigh of relief.
>>
>>7479002
To add to this:
I think an important part of sincerity is stupidity. Not the ''Doesn't know the difference between of and off'' kind of stupid but more ''Ignorant of the world with a strong enough will and belief in self to get away with it'' kind of stupidity. You have to really believe what you're writing or creating is the fucking gospel.
>>
>>7478243
You seem to be too self-conscious.

Get extremely drunk one day and let go of your inhibitions and write. Edit later. What you've written will be shit but the experience itself is a great liberator of your mind. It helps later on with your actual writing. I tried it few days back. It's working so far.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.