[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to read a lot and remain an idiot? Pic not related.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: crit-a.jpg (215 KB, 600x897) Image search: [Google]
crit-a.jpg
215 KB, 600x897
Is it possible to read a lot and remain an idiot?

Pic not related.
>>
>those menopausal redundant trophy wives whose beauty, their only redeeming value, has long faded
>essentially an unlimited amount of free time every day for decades
>spend the whole of it reading fluffy garbage the likes of which drugstores will not even supply
>a boundless erudition of cheap harlequin romances
yes
>>
>>7477491
Depends on what you read.
>>
Yes.

Example: Me.
>>
>>7477508
>stupid enough to know you're stupid
when I graduated high school years ago there was one tard who began to ask himself why we were all leaving and he was staying
he slowly came to the realization that he was mentally handicapped and immediately slipped into a horrible depression
he's probably still there
>>
>>7477505
>>7477505
This. Women without graduate degrees are the biggest market for books, and I think we all know what that means. I remember a few years back some progressives crowing about black women being the demographic that reads the most books, and wondering if they sincerely didn't know that wasn't a good thing.

The stuff /lit/ discusses sells babby numbers compared to the stuff that semographic mainly reads.
>>
>Is it possible to read a lot and remain an idiot?

Is it possible to attend an economics class and fail its exams?
>>
>>7477518
;_;
>>
>>7477523
Is that a trick question?
>>
>>7477491
>Frankfurt School
>Their project was to modernize Marxism

More like spread cultural marxism and degeneracy.
>>
>Walter Benjamin lumped in with the frankfurt school and cultural marxism
nigga was one of the greatest art and literary critics of all time
>>
>>7477539
No, what I'm implying is that like attending a class, when reading the onus is on YOU to receive, digest, and retain knowledge.
>>
>>7477549
>implying those two are mutually exclusive

cognitive dissonance is a bitch when you're spooked
>>
>>7477555
I would argue some classes might be harder to fail than others, but even not failing a class doesn't mean you digested it's content. I mean surely there are people who just memorize a lot of stuff and forget about half a year later.
>>
>>7477562
explain
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.