[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Secondary characters that should have been written more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: side-show-bob.jpg (14 KB, 279x298) Image search: [Google]
side-show-bob.jpg
14 KB, 279x298
ITT: Secondary characters that should have been written more about.

>Pyotr Stepanovich Verkhovensky from Demons by Dosto
>>
>>7473426
I always wondered what became of that theater director in Master and Margarita who got teleported to Yalta.
>>
Jesus. and yes, he was a secondary character.
>>
Souvarine Germinal
>>
>>7473441
Damn, son, finished it two days ago. He went back to Mocквa and stopped drinking wine and shit, vodka only. He also started avoiding women. Real funny book mane.
>>
>>7473446
>Jesus
He's in the OT more than you realize, both in terms of being anticipated/spoken of and actually appearing, from Gen 1 onward. Same in the NT, in particular at the End.
>>
>>7473836
What verses senpai?
>>
Captain Black from Catch-22.
>>
>>7473850
It is a common Christian interpretation of the creation account in Gen 1 that all three Persons of the Trinity, including Jesus, are active; support for this comes from the beginning of John's Gospel, speaking of the Logos being with God (the Father) in the beginning and in fact being God (the Son). Also in Gen 3 is what Christians often point to as the first explicit reference to Jesus as sacrifice and victor over sin (esp. v. 15). This is carried through all the way through the prophetic writings in their anticipation of a savior. Job, the oldest of the OT writings, does this too in speaking of a Redeemer (19:25). Some also see the Son and Holy Spirit appearing in the form of angels in the OT (and distinct from the actual angels), but I'm less familiar with this and don't know what the examples are. He appears twice in Acts, is spoken of constantly throughout the letters, and appears again in Revelation.
>>
>>7473991
Not the dude you were responding to, but Job is the oldest?
I'm not a Bible scholar at all.
>>
>>7474017
There's no way to say for sure, and it's not unanimous, but yes it's a common conclusion among scholars (inb4 [citation needed]) that Job is the oldest OT book.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.