[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm running out of books I love /lit/, it's getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: scultz-roth.jpg (188 KB, 500x742) Image search: [Google]
scultz-roth.jpg
188 KB, 500x742
I'm running out of books I love /lit/, it's getting hard to find anything that I really want to read

I need something that makes me feel like

Kafka, Borges, Bruno Schulz, Spanish Magical realism, Alfanhui, Gustav Meyrink, Milan Kundera, Haruki Murakami, maybe Vonnegut and PKD

pic related, more like this, thanks in advance
>>
the plains - gerald murnane
>>
>>7472538
Gilbert Hernandez, the Palomar stories from Love and Rockets
E. R. Eddison
Saki, Lord Dunsany
Horror, e.g. M. R. James and H. P. Lovecraft
>>
>>7472539
can't find much on this but I'll keep looking
>>7472546
reada lot of Lovecraft as well, should have included him, E.R. Eddison ooks cool, what's the Worm Ouroboros like?
>>
File: surreal literature.jpg (1 MB, 1697x2599) Image search: [Google]
surreal literature.jpg
1 MB, 1697x2599
>>7472538
I'm guessing you've already seen this chart?

I loved Alfanhui as well. I thought it was nearly perfect.
>>
Kys mm
>>
>>7472571
That book in particular is why I made this thread, hadn't read anything that great in a while and I know there have to be some more one off writers that can write that kind of magical realism so well that I've missed

I think I'll check out Opium, never been dissapointed by 'Writers from the other Europe'
>>
Barthelme, Bolano
>>
File: the_Wooden_Throne.jpg (122 KB, 484x750) Image search: [Google]
the_Wooden_Throne.jpg
122 KB, 484x750
>>7472576
One I found a bit similar that you might not have heard of is The Wooden Throne by Carlo Sgorlon.

I wish I could fine more in this style too.
>>
File: citadelle-406400.jpg (29 KB, 400x682) Image search: [Google]
citadelle-406400.jpg
29 KB, 400x682
>>
>>7472561
The Worm Ouroboros is his best, to be honest.
Elizabethan fantasy, rather than Medieval fantasy a la Tolkien/Martin. It's surprising, actually, that so few fantasy writers have gone there recently.
Once you get past the pastiche language, it's a great read and many of the characters and scenes are very compelling.
>>
How about some Julio Cortázar?
>>
>>7472538

>it's getting hard to find anything that I really want to read

Your backlog game is shitty. It isn't the books.
>>
Check out László Krasznahorkai
>>
>>7472538
david lindsay - voyage to arcturus
james stephens - the crock of gold

i'm currently reading the latter, probably finishing it today, it's one of pkd's favourite books
>>
File: Freeze Peach.png (298 KB, 1596x891) Image search: [Google]
Freeze Peach.png
298 KB, 1596x891
>>7472538
http://radfem.org/dworkin
Thank me later.
>>
Michael Cisco (the great lover, the divinity student)
Thomas Ligotti (songs of a dead dreamer and grimscribe, teatro grottesco)
Justin Isis (i wonder what human flesh tastes like, welcome to the arms race)
>>
File: 16.jpg (11 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
16.jpg
11 KB, 500x300
>>7472546
>the Palomar stories from Love and Rockets
You rock.
>>
>>7472538
The Other Side by Alfred Kubin
>>
>>7472538
Reread the stuff you like
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.