[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel sorry for you if this book didn't move you to tears
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: Gravitys_rainbow_cover.jpg (103 KB, 392x574) Image search: [Google]
Gravitys_rainbow_cover.jpg
103 KB, 392x574
I feel sorry for you if this book didn't move you to tears and provide you some sort of spiritual enlightenment.
>>
>>7471179
Please do expand on the sort of spiritual enlightenment you were provided by this book.
>>
It did though
>>
>>7471179
I feel sorry for you if for your mind this seem a relevant thread.
>>
>>7471250

I feel like enlightenment is probably not the word OP should have used. It had beautiful bits. Slothrops final moments in the story, "Nothin in his head, just feelin natural" comes to mind as an example. But yeah, there was certainly nothing enlightening about it.
>>
>>7471179

Sometimes I think back to Roger Mexico...why are women a bunch of whores, man?
>>
File: 2dd.jpg (38 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
2dd.jpg
38 KB, 560x560
Feels bad that I'll never get some of them sick banana sandwiches.
>>
>>7471250
It is incommunicable. How can you communicate in words that which is by nature beyond them?

The book created a change in my state of being.
>>
I'm sorry you're such a faggot OP.
>>
I remembered I read this in college for an independent study.

I looked at a paper I wrote on how authors dealt with WWII trauma and basically the conclusion I came to was "the rocket has an erection and therefore Pynchon is showing that the difference between a person and an object is insignificant in his post-WWII reality".

Then I remember my professor telling me to take out the entire section on Pynchon because he doesn't write about anything meaningful or have any sort of point.

Seemed like good advice at the time.
>>
>>7471720
>Then I remember my professor telling me to

At this point you should have stopped listening. The only professors that have any core, responsible, and note-taking worthy intelligence and advice are those in mathematics and medicine.

Art related professors are literally full of hot air. They are the reason for global warming, for climate change, the hole in the ozone, and the ability for an undergrad art student to believe that their time was well spent in getting a degree in art history with a minor in literary analysis.
>>
>>7471748
Sorry, I didn't realize my lit professor was trying to destroy the world.
>>
File: 304272_5_.jpg (46 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
304272_5_.jpg
46 KB, 640x360
>>7471720
Actually the erection motif was to show how unprovoked modern war can be, no more than a hardon, at will of forces completely beyond traditional logics, yet part of intricate systems of logic all their own, a movie away from the pavlovian cause and effect towards the Roger Mexico regime of pure numbers justified by politics only after the fact. (a perceived reversal of cause and effect such as the V2's sound bringing its death when really the variables - the systems- are just much too complex for human understanding)

For further reading: Ask anyone on the street what WW1 and WW2 were about and be ready for their streamlined cause and effect narratives that completely betray the truth of the wars
>>
gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay read the classics gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay read the classics gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay read the classics gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay read the classics gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay read the classics gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay read the classics gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay read the classics gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay read the classics gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay read the classics gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay read the classics gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay read the classics gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay read the classics gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay read the classics gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay read the classics gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay read the classics gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay read the classics gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay read the classics gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay read the classics gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay read the classics gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay read the classics gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay read the classics gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay read the classics gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay read the classics gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay read the classics gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay read the classics gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay read the classics gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay
>>
>>7472891
underbuttered toast.
>>
>>7472904
hike instead of reading pomo shit
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.