[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's lit's opinion on this book and whole trilogy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: uk-orig-the-blade-itself.jpg (172 KB, 424x650) Image search: [Google]
uk-orig-the-blade-itself.jpg
172 KB, 424x650
What's lit's opinion on this book and whole trilogy?
>>
Fuck off.
>>
>>7467123
Well I guess you're not that literate.
>>
You're better off asking in the dedicated sci-fi/fantasy thread.

aka the ghetto
>>
File: 1425867189635.jpg (53 KB, 389x366) Image search: [Google]
1425867189635.jpg
53 KB, 389x366
>>7467109
>his name is Joe Abercrombie
Christ
>>
File: the-dark-tower-14505.jpg (59 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
the-dark-tower-14505.jpg
59 KB, 1920x1080
>>7467184
>the ghetto

At least there you can discuss lit without shitpostinf faggots.
>>
>>7467247
Merely commenting on what it is treated like, not agreeing.
>>
>>7467247
Posting genre fiction is worse than shit posting.
>>
>>7467109
Sorry for not shitposting, but this is a very good trilogy, and should be read by anyone reading Sanderson/Rothfuss/GRRM etc. simply bc of the satire
>>
File: a-game-of-thrones.jpg (16 KB, 390x600) Image search: [Google]
a-game-of-thrones.jpg
16 KB, 390x600
>>7467263
You sound like an insecure manchild
>>
Worldbuilding was pretty bad, but the characters had their moments. The high points were fantastic, I have to say. The ending was good. The first two standalones are satisfying reads too. Gurm is better.
>>
>>7467109

I've seen so many threads talking about how it's one of the greatest things of dark fantasy you'll find.

I absolutely do not understand how or why it was rated so highly on this board, I just don't get it. It was fucking horrible and I could even see this when I was 18 and read nothing but fantasy.

I'm being aggressive here but can someone who likes the series tell me what they liked about it? I do have to admit the wizard being the bad guy (or the not-bad-guy) was pretty cool, plus the part where that redeemed snobby guy who wins the fencing contest bends his best friends sister over and cums on her ass was bretty fuggen arousing .
>>
File: 1449432854768.jpg (50 KB, 460x440) Image search: [Google]
1449432854768.jpg
50 KB, 460x440
I thought they were okay. Not as literate as GURM, but it managed to tell its conventional story in an entertaining enough way.
When it comes to dark low fantasy I think I still like The Black Company better
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.