[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some essential philosophy books? It doesn't matter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: trebuchets.jpg (80 KB, 960x594) Image search: [Google]
trebuchets.jpg
80 KB, 960x594
What are some essential philosophy books? It doesn't matter what timeframe
>>
>>7465298
>It doesn't matter what timeframe
not true. the "timeframe," as you so inelegantly put it, matters a great deal. indeed, it all depends on just where you begin. that is to say, with whom you begin.
>>
>>7465308
all the major ones
>>
>>7465298
>tfw no trebuchet
I did not even know I wanted this
>>
>>7465308
>>7465341
and i really was just saying "it doesnt matter from which timeframe the book you recommend is from as i am interested in anything", but im sure you knew that and wanted to try and sound like a smart arse
>>
>>7465391
and i really was just saying that it truly makes all difference with whom you begin. whom, as it were, you start with.
>>
>>7465308
>being this much of a pretentious cunt while not even providing any input
>>
Yung Chu's Garden of Pleasure
>>
>>7465395
>it truly makes all difference with whom you begin

why?

and stop with the lengthy verbiage, it just makes you look pretentious. give some ideas on where to start or gtfo
>>
The Story of Philosophy - Bryan Maggee
>>
>>7465412
why, it's not pretentious in the least to emphasize and emphasize again the issue here of utmost consequence: the immeasurable, incalculable importance of wisely deciding just whom you start with. of starting with the right people, if you will.
>>
Plotinus - The Enneads
>>
File: Der Einzige und sein Eigenthum.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Der Einzige und sein Eigenthum.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>7465407
>mfw as I'm reading right now
>>
>>7465427
lol
>>
>>7465298
It's /lit/, you know with which nation's output you should start. Start with the Greeks.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.