[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My gf wants a book with a strong female lead for Christmas, what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: dali.jpg (6 KB, 202x250) Image search: [Google]
dali.jpg
6 KB, 202x250
My gf wants a book with a strong female lead for Christmas, what should I get her?
>>
Madame Bovary
>>
Classics:
Little Women
Jane Eyre
Madame Bovary
Scarlet Letter
Maybe Anna Karenina?

Contemporary:
Parable of the Sower
Handmaiden's Tale
Americanah
My Brilliant Friend (really great series and highly critically acclaimed)
>>
>>7464765
Alice in Wonderland, & Through the Looking-Glass
>>
anything by de sade.
>>
>>7464765
Anything by Marion Zimmer Bradley if she likes fantasy and/or scifi

>>7464874
kek/10

tfw no gf
>>
The Story of O. She will love it.
>>
Give her the Bible and then kiss her and say that she convinced you God was a woman :-)

Emma might be good, although it might be dicey since, depending on the reader, she can come off as quite the cunt

Or Hungry Games
>>
I vote for Jane Eyre. Not only is it a great read that has one of the strongest female leads in all of literature, it's also written by a women, which your gf may appreciate.
>>
>>7464765
Ronda Rousey's Biography
>>
Story of the Eye & Madam Edwarda by George Bataille
>>
>>7464765
Pipi longstocking
>>
>>7465029
Kek this senpai
>>
>>7464949
>Give her the Bible and then kiss her and say that she convinced you God was a woman :-)
Don't. That's fucking gay.
>>
File: 1402407189492.jpg (47 KB, 468x528) Image search: [Google]
1402407189492.jpg
47 KB, 468x528
>>7465105
>>
The Eight, by Neville
>>
>>7464765
A book to educate her on the evils of wish fullfilment.

> strong female lead
This pandering is too much desu.
>>
>ctrl+f "Medea"
>0 results
You disappointed me, /lit/
>>
>>7465180
>implying
No, I'm fucking serious. Don't fucking say that. I don't know what kind of girls you talk to but it makes you sound like a school shooter.

source: I'm a girl
>>
>>7465249
>source: I'm a girl

It shows :)
>>
Story of a Soul by St. Thérèse of Lisieux
>>
>>7464765
100 points if you make her read Dworkin.

>>7465249
Huh, that should depend entirely on the guy who says it and how he says it.
Could be a really sympathetic, cute guy saying it in a somewhat jokish and cheerful way so you can both giggle over it and huggle.
Could be a tryhard stuck up on masculinity trying to be "romantic" and naturally coming off as a total creep.
>>
>>7466890
>Dworkin
This by far.
>>
File: fatpig-300x218.jpg (14 KB, 300x218) Image search: [Google]
fatpig-300x218.jpg
14 KB, 300x218
>>7466890
Kekio, I didn't even name the image, I took it from some Jewish site.
>>
>>7464874

But de sade is really weird about girls.
>>
non-meme, non-/pol/ answer: sexing the cherry
>>
Amulet by bolano. it's about a woman who survives the army breaking into an university and doing all sort of fascist stuf
>>
I gave your girlfriend a strong lead last night m8
>>
>>7464778
>>7464837

Madame Bovary and Jane Eyre are both choices you can't go wrong with.

If she doesn't like those then dump her.
>>
Please get her Wittingstein's Mistress. It's my favorite book, and it has the most interesting female lead I've ever read.
>>
>>7464765

The Book of Laughter and Forgetting

Also throw in Lolita for the lulz
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.