[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Im tripping on DXM and weed edibles tonight to get the creative
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9
File: 422974.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
422974.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Im tripping on DXM and weed edibles tonight to get the creative juices flowing for the novel I am writing. It's a Post Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Western with Fantasy elements. It's gonna have everything. Anyway, I want to develop my anti-hero some more and thought the best way to do it was to have people ask questions about him and answer them as a character; someone who has run in to him.

Basics:
>It is the year 2218
>The majority of the world was devastated by nuclear fire 196 years ago.
>There are three main bastions of civilisation and technology in North America: Las Vegas, Philadelphia and Graham Island off the coast of British Columbia.
>The cities survived the bombs because they were prepared decades before there was even threat of nuclear war.
>the people that live in the cities are all Post-Humans.
>The minds of the rich and powerful uploaded in to synthetic bodies that are indistinguishable from real ones; perfect and immortal
>Scattered across the wasteland live the descendants of those who survived by other means.
>Extreme 1%/99% dynamic. Think, eugenics mixed with Rapture from BioShock.
>Focus is on Las Vegas and the surrounding deserts (Mostly the Mojave)
>There is a legend in the wasteland of an enigmatic man who wanders the Mojave Desert.
>The Black Man (not THAT kind of black)
>He is know for his blood-lust, persistence and ability to kill anyone/thing in his way with his gun or by "other means".
>He does not sleep, rarely eats but has an affinity for clean, cold water.
>He works for the people in the cities (Las Vegas) but is not one of them (Synthetic body with an uploaded conciousness) but still preforms feats that no ordinary man can accomplish.
>The Black Man goes out of his way to be in the background. If you see him, its because he.s there to kill you. Otherwise, you dont even know he's there.
>The number of people who have met him in the wastes and walked away alive is pathetically low.
>>
File: cindybarrel2.jpg (2 MB, 2736x3648) Image search: [Google]
cindybarrel2.jpg
2 MB, 2736x3648
"Heard you been askin' 'bout the Black Man stranger. You won’t get anything outta' the folks around here. Dumb, superstitious lot they are. Meet me at the fire pit in the centre of town in a few. The sun’s gone down so we can talk alone. Oh, and don’t bother showing without some fucking whisky. I've had enough of the shit-water that passes for drink in this crap-heap.
>>
File: 1444358824751.gif (839 KB, 142x146) Image search: [Google]
1444358824751.gif
839 KB, 142x146
>>7464155
#cringe zone
>>
>>7464163
why? Does the imagination of others make you uncomfortable?
>>
hahahahahahahahahahahahahah
>>
File: 1449040029960.jpg (20 KB, 457x406) Image search: [Google]
1449040029960.jpg
20 KB, 457x406
>>7464170
>anything you described
>imaginative
>>
why is my dick upside down?
>>
>>7464170
its just a REALLY shitty rip off of new vegas.
>>
>>7464155
>ripping off Fallout this hard.
>>7464170
>imagination
You aren't even trying to be original.
>>
>>7464159
Howdy pardner.
*hands whisky*
So, how do ya feel bout them jews and negroes and the day of the rope?
*spits into the dirt*
*thinks of mother*
>>
File: Flagnarmor.gif (180 KB, 640x489) Image search: [Google]
Flagnarmor.gif
180 KB, 640x489
>>7464180
everything is derivative. This is just the framework. The "originality" will come out in the details. I wish I could just project this as a movie straight from my eyes. Would be so much easier than writing a damn book.
>>
>>7464192
*takes his sense of humor back to reddit*
>>
>>7464204
*Hands gun*
"Shoot that nigger"
>>
File: they-live-nada.jpg (220 KB, 975x810) Image search: [Google]
they-live-nada.jpg
220 KB, 975x810
>>7464188
More of an homage. The idea cam from hours and hours of playing NV. I am going out of my way to make it different but, like i said before, this is the framework or foundation.
>>
>>7464199
I think reading some McCarthy would do more for your writing than doing a shit ton of drugs
>>
File: 1437762595608.jpg (142 KB, 1137x640) Image search: [Google]
1437762595608.jpg
142 KB, 1137x640
>>7464222
I did not take much, I do have to be able to work a keyboard, lol.
>>
>>7464204
*looks him in the eyes*
we don't take kindly to your parts round here.

>>7464211
*sees the escalation in violence*
*draws gun*
WHOA. WHOA NOW. YOU PUT THAT BACK OR I"LL PUT ONE BETWEEN OUR EYES.
>>
You can't think, you can't write. There's no discernible talent.
>>
>>7464192
"You aint' they guy I was talkin' to earlier. Thanks for the whisky though, friend."
*Takes a generous chug*
>>
Here's a question... How are you different from Randall Flagg? If you have to ask who that is, don't bother answering. And I applaud what you're doing; I'm a fan of the post apocalyptic genre myself. However, the first thing I thought of was fallout and the stand.
>>
Bamo
>>
>>7464241
Well, the whole story was inspired by my hundreds of hours spent in the fallout universe and I did get the name "The Black Man" from the character in The Dark Tower. As for differences, there are a lot, but im to far gone to list em. Fuck, I should really finish that series...
>>
>>7464155
needs more post-ironic cyber punk

get zeitgeist breh
>>
I just tried to play new vegas for the first time.

>loading screens
>shitty graphics
>menus made for consoles

Its fucking garbage and it's supposed to be the good one?
>>
>>7464262
Fallout 2 is the good one.
>>
>>7464264
If you don't start off in a vault it's shit.
>>
>>7464155
>Im tripping on DXM and weed edibles tonight to get the creative juices flowing for the novel I am writing
Great, great
>It's a Post Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Western with Fantasy elements
*cringe*
And you were off to such a good start. Just go back to playing Fallout 4 if it gives you such a hardon
>>
>>7464272
Im trying to be productive. Literally all I've been doing since I was 3 was playing vidya. Im breaking the cycle. Some of my earliest memories were video games. I need to tone down the consumption and start producing. There is so much fucking shit in my head I need to get it out.
>>
Where are the fantasy elements?

By the way, this is awful.
>>
Sounds awful senpai
>>
>>7464262
>>7464262
Game play wise, no. New Vegas is all about the story and atmosphere, for me anyway. Fallout 3 was a blast to play but the story was kinda "meh". Didn't realize 'till I looked back on it.

I guessing no one is going to play along so ill just go take bong hits and watch a movie.
>>
>>7464280
Maybe try reading first
>>
>>7464280
What if you write a story about the sad life of a kid that doesn't amount to anything and plays video games.

Really, like how can New Vegas be this bad? I can't even fucking stand it. Warhammer Novels are better than this shit.
>>
>>7464282
That comes later and will probably be a separate book. Im planning a trilogy following one character. Over a veeeeeery long span of time.
>>
>>7464289
I read a tonne bud.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 250x250
Fuck these people, man. Like I said, it reminds me of fallout and the stand, but who gives a shit? I liked both of those. Different names, different scenario is, and I'd read that shit all over again. Fuck, ive read the stand 3 times now. Good luck dude. If you're having fun and creating, who gives a fuck what other people think? I know that validation gets you off ( it helps for anyone that is creating), but if you're enjoying yourself! What the fuck do you care? It sounds like something I'd read, so go fucking do it. And quit spending so much time on 4chan; you're wasting a good high while u could be writing.
>>
>>7464296
Try reading literarture
>>
>>7464300
How can you like fallout, this game just gets worse and worse. I'm out of ammo and I just got attacked by fucking bugs in a school house. Fuck this clunky garbage.
>>
Millions of people like fallout
>>
>>7464300
You, I like you.
>>
>>7464316
Millions of people are fucking stupid.
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 720x405
I like me too. My wife doesn't, but fuck that dried up cunt. I still get her wet, but she hates me... So I cheat on her once a week with someone that doesn't. God, I love 4chan. It's like catholic confession for me.
>>
Millions of people equate to validation. Legitimacy is in the eye of the beholder. If you're cool with it, and millions of other people are, great. But, if you're cool with it, and on,y a few "smart" people are, also great. All that matters is that you're happy. If something fucking sucks (i.e. rap music) and everyone else likes it, wtf do I care? No skin off my nose.
>>
this is what happens when people who don't read try to write. read your classics kids!!!
>>
>>7464406
Im not trying to write the next great american novel. best case scenario its one of those books you see at the gas station near the magazines. Im doing this for the sake of doing it.
>>
>>7464216

these are the people who judge you taste on bookshelf threads, who argue with you about writing, who think IJ is a meme
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.