[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bukowski. What should I read first?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: bu.jpg (39 KB, 634x315) Image search: [Google]
bu.jpg
39 KB, 634x315
Bukowski. What should I read first?
>>
Try a good writer
>>
>>7460372
Is he not a good writer?
>>
>>7460398
No, just listen to ICP instead
>>
>>7460398
He gives you his overused dark humoristic criticism of middle class life and his books are full of dirty jokes, womanising, and alcohol, but you won't find much more more to him, he's superfluous and boring.
>>
>>7460440
I don't like ICP
>>
>>7460455
I just read to like chapter 10 of post office and its hitting pretty home to wageslavery so far. Gonna finish it up seein its so short
>>
>>7460440
There was another post a while back mentioning ICP in regards to Bukowski. Is this a meme? Are you a memer of one?
>>
start with the greeks.
>>
>>7460468
How is the writing?
>>
This thread is cancer. Read Dinosauria, We for starters.
>>
>>7460493
It's not the prettiest but it's really simple and easy to follow in my opinion. I say give it a look you can find the pdf here
https://libcom.org/files/Post%20Office_%20A%20Novel%20-%20Charles%20Bukowski.pdf
>>
My dad loved Post Office, mostly 'cause he related to it pretty well since he was a mailman for 38 years. He was pretty insistent for me to buy the book and read it and so I did. Haven't read it yet but I will in the next few days
>>
>>7460361
Women.
>>
>>7460510
Your mom is cancer.
>>
File: bukowski.jpg (166 KB, 650x883) Image search: [Google]
bukowski.jpg
166 KB, 650x883
Tales of Ordinary Madness.
Buke is based.
Don't listen to NEET faggot/haters.
>>
Read: Tales of Ordinary Madness
Post Office
Ham On Rye
watch the movie 'Barfly'
Read Hollywood
>>
Also find the mini-books with R. Crumb illusrating
Bring Me Your Love
and
Mr Entertainment
>>
>>7460372
I never understood this impulse. The impulse to make one's opinions into fact.
>>
How good is factotum?
>>
>>7460841
Foundational belief system on /lit/
>>
>>7460628
Seconding this. Although most of his novels are pretty much the same, I found Women the best. I also loved Pulp which is pure fiction as opposed with the rest, but his humour mixed with hard boiled detective stuff blew me away.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.