[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was this book ever relevant to the general public? It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: PARADISE_LOST.jpg (3 MB, 2285x1592) Image search: [Google]
PARADISE_LOST.jpg
3 MB, 2285x1592
Was this book ever relevant to the general public? It's clear that, since it's release, it's been loved by poets, critics and prolly those people for whom literature is a major interest. But did it ever affect the general educated public in anything approaching the way that ... say, Shakespeare did?

I get the impression that this book might have been more prominent back when Christianity and poetry in general were more important to people's lives but I dunno.
>>
>>7458866
Paradise Loft.
>>
>>7458871
Paradife Loft, my friend.
>>
>>7458871
/thread
>>
>>7458866
Lofts have always been an important element of life Anon; where else would one store their produce for pickling? The cellar is too cold--the fluid may freeze!
>>
>>7458866
The image we hace of Satan and the fall of man is from Paradise Los. So yeah, it's kibd of a big deal.
>>
>>7458866
If it weren't for Paradife Loft, satanism would never have existed.
>>
File: john-milton.jpg (47 KB, 620x324) Image search: [Google]
john-milton.jpg
47 KB, 620x324
>>7458866

>mfw I have another Paradise Loft image to save
>>
I'm having trouble with this book. There is a whole lot happening and I have no idea what is going on. From Satan deciding to invade Eden to the gate or whatever
>>
>>7459028
Have you tried learning English?
>>
>>7458966
This. Paradise Lost and Inferno are the two biggest influences on western perception of Satan and hell, which are not described much in actual scripture.

>>7459028
Hi crossboarder/reddit!
>>
>>7458866
It basically jumpstarted the entire fan fiction genre.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.