[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's more stimulating/better for the brain/intellect?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: pepe ends.gif (84 KB, 403x392) Image search: [Google]
pepe ends.gif
84 KB, 403x392
>Learning a foreign language (a hard one think Japanese or Urdu or Arabic)

OR

Reading extremely advanced, high level books by Based Literary Geniuses, Scientists at the top of their fields and God-Tier Philosophers
>In your native language?
>>
The latter.
>>
neither.

the correct answer is

>shitposting on 4chan with frog pics

grats OP you did it!
>>
what's "native language"?

t.a genuinely interested immigrant in europe
>>
File: greff.png (348 KB, 418x599) Image search: [Google]
greff.png
348 KB, 418x599
>>7455261

English yuropoor
>>
>>7455261

The language in which you first learned to speak, read and write.
>>
>>7455247
Both at the same time.

Also read extremely advanced, high level books by Based Literary Geniuses, Scientists at the top of their fields and God-Tier Philosophers in the language you're learning once you "got gud" enough.
>>
File: 1449496172827.gif (745 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1449496172827.gif
745 KB, 640x400
>>7455281
This seems to be legitimately good advice

>>7455259
You OMG Anon-kun you're such a fucking faggot Holy Shit! Go kek urself m8. Inb4 falling for such obvious b&

>>7455252
So at the extreme end, you're saying a Monolinguist with Based Lit Knowledge has > Power Level than a 20 language Polyglot who is intermediate/middle school reading level in each language? Genuinely curious. Pls explain ur reasoning
>>
>>7455281
Also it's really cool when you open up an English translation to a text while reading the original. Really helps your thinking process and language learning, gets you to see how translations morph the intended meaning of the text, and makes you understand how two civilizations (the original and Western) see similar concepts.
>>
>>7455303
>This seems to be legitimately good advice
Thanks.

I know it may seem like I'm memeing, but I'm doing it and it's great.

People used to be polymaths and become experts in various disparate fields. Learning a language and reading in general is possible if you're self-disciplined and can allocate your time wisely.
>>
File: 1449782410216.png (19 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1449782410216.png
19 KB, 499x499
>>7455305

what languages have you attained this Power Level in? And how long did it take you to become that fluent?
>>
>>7456349

Urdu and Arabic actually, haha. Also Spanish but I'm an English speaker.

It took me around 4 years to get at that level. I began as a teen for both. I've been studying Urdu for 6 and Arabic for 5 now.

>>7455970
4chan also has the potential to ruin lives, sadly.
>>
>>7455247
intelligence is a capitalist social construct designed to justify amoral power structures, kys.
>>
Learning a language, even French or German, or reading books of a higher level than young adult fiction both are stimulating your brain more than usual yet we both know you're not going to do any of these.
>>
>>7456429
>intelligence is used as a capitalist social construct designed to justify amoral power structures

ftfy
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.