[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: what we are reading atm >The Game: Penetrating the Secret
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: the-game.jpg (41 KB, 419x650) Image search: [Google]
the-game.jpg
41 KB, 419x650
ITT: what we are reading atm

>The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists
>Psalm at Journey's End - Erik Fosnes Hansen
>Pandora's Star - Peter F. Hamilton
>Never Let Me Go - Kazuo Ichiguro
>>
The Game takes like two seconds to read dude, it's basically one big anecdote with some commentary thrown in. It pisses me off when people read that and think they've learned something, the point the author is trying to make is the whole "Game" is just a shallow net for shallow fish and a complete waste of time
>>
>>7456037
Eh. I read some of it, Neil Straus is much more sympathetic to it.

Models is much more critical of "the game" and actually provides some decent advice on how to be a more confident, more social, happier person.

>inb4 you're an autist.

Yes. Yes I am, that's why I try and solve my problems through reading about them.
>>
>>7456037
>>7456050
What do the both of them say?
>>
File: 61vQfbje2DL._SL1500_.jpg (73 KB, 935x1500) Image search: [Google]
61vQfbje2DL._SL1500_.jpg
73 KB, 935x1500
>>7456050

i got laid for the first time because of Models. applying the techniques in that book changed everything for me
>>
>>7456226
G-give some advice, f-family.
>>
The Bible
Multiagent Systems
Cosmos and History: The Myth of the Eternal Return
Microsound
An Exhortation to Martyrdom, Prayer, and Selected Works - Origen
>>
>>7456226
Elaborate
>>
>>7456235
>>7456287
Just read it familia. It's a really easy read
>>
Who are the best contemporary authors of colour?
>>
>>7456598
>please buy my book

>>7456037
WEll he didn't say it was a waste of time. If he hadn't gamified himself he'd still be at /r9k/. I'd like to read his new one which is sex rehab but I don't want the librarians to think less of me for ordering it, since I've built up such a sterling request for purchase list.
>>
>>7456235
1. be attractive
>>
File: 1407743108824s.jpg (5 KB, 170x250) Image search: [Google]
1407743108824s.jpg
5 KB, 170x250
>>7456620
>mfw attractive and intelligent
>mfw have an average, unremarkable penis, be a premature ejaculator and NEET
>mfw roasties find out after I blow my load on them in less than 2 minutes
DEVILISH
>>
>>7456632
>tfw ugly and stupid
>tfw have a small penis and NEET
>tfw I have never touched a girl or spoken to one since middle school for schoolwork
>>
>>7456636
>tfw ugly and 8" penis

it feels like such a waste
>>
>>7456643
at least you can get it to fit in your mouth
>>
File: 1420388688101.jpg (494 KB, 1269x1226) Image search: [Google]
1420388688101.jpg
494 KB, 1269x1226
>>7456636
tfw I do not live through women
>>
>Franz Kafka: The Complete Stories
My first time reading the whole book from cover to cover, rather than hopscotching through. Description of a Struggle was good, imo, being surprisingly modernist. Wedding Preparations was a slog as it was missing like 8 pages. The Judgment was fine. About to re-read Metamorphosis, then re-read Penal Colony, after which every story, bar Hunger Artist, will be new to me. Pretty hyped to be honest
>Fauvism by Something-Something Muller
It's alright. Just a history of that style of painting, with panels of reproductions, mostly in black and white (which defeats the purpose of fauvism), but many in color. Finished the chapter on Matisse, the only fauve I'd heard of before reading the book.
>Writers of the 70s: Thomas Pynchon
Neat enough read. Only just finished the chapter on his early stories. This book was published before Slow Learner, so much of the chapter was summary of the stories, since they weren't widely available at the time. Hopefully it will be more interesting now that I will read analysis of V. in the next two chapters

I think I'll start Nightwood, The Cannibal, or Child of God next, but I have less than two weeks before I get Vineland and Mason & Dixon for Christmas. I've read (on /lit/) that Vineland is abject shit, but I will read it anyway. Anyone have any hot opinions on that novel?
>>
>>7456598
https://www.youtube.com/user/rsdfreetour/videos

or just download any of their programs online. The whole "The Game" with the pick up lines has been exhausted and left behind in the pick up community. Now it's about becoming a natural at it through a pretty simple process. It takes a while to grasp it, but once it makes sense you'll see results and become aware of most of your social interactions.
>>
>>7456793
>last paragraph on next-to-last post
this nigga Dmitri Dmimtrich Gurov
>>
>>7456606
Tao Lin? Asians are poc right?
>>
>Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
Pretty solid so far, it's my first Tolstoy read. Can't say it's as well written as
everyone makes it out to be though.

>On Living and Dying Well by Cicero
Same thing as Anna Karenina in terms of my sentiments.
>>
>>7456846
>>7456606
Kill yourself tao
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.