[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do I do now that I'm finished with this thing? I feel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1365475090228.png (2 MB, 747x1417) Image search: [Google]
1365475090228.png
2 MB, 747x1417
What do I do now that I'm finished with this thing? I feel so lost
>>
>>7454593
The fact that you feel lost implies that you have not developed a personal taste, even after reading these 20 books.
>>
read good books
>>
Pick a few authors and read more of their works. I especially like Fitzgerald.
>>
>>7454593
read the russians, dostoevsky, turgenev, gogol,
read something with a bit more bite to it, something difficult and interesting,
there's the meme trilogy of course, what of that list you've already read did you like? what didnt you like?
>>
>>7454593
You decide which books you liked the most from that list and find books that are similar in style
Or do what the rest of /lit/ does and force yourself to read obscure literature just for the sake of having read it
>>
read the fucking sticky you retard
>>
File: nova_imperium.jpg (253 KB, 850x500) Image search: [Google]
nova_imperium.jpg
253 KB, 850x500
Read all of these now.
>>
>>7454600
Guess I'll hichack this thread and ask which authors or books have beautiful prose like Lolita? I'm looking to buy Pnin from Nabakov as well right now because I heard the writing was similar to Lolita but I want more. It was like crack.
>>
>>7454633
highjack*
>>
>>7454593
just browse /lit/ and add stuff that sounds interesting to a to-read list. I'm a pretty new reader and I ended picking up stuff as varied as
>World as will and representation
>Moby Dick
>Bhagavad Gita
>Le morte d'arthur
>Meditations by Marcus Aurelius
there's always good books being discussed here so you haven't really run out of recs senpai.
>>
>>7454642
Get a goodreads account and add the books you've read and want to read, and add some /lit/ folk. Goodreads is great for finding new literature.
>>
>>7454593
Stop using /lit/ to determine what you should read.
The board is good to find out about new books, but simply forget about any kind of judgment the board as a whole may have - the e/lit/ism of the board is such like the one to be found in any group of people, in which their behaviour is to the most part self-constrained in order to fit in what they think is the common pattern of the average person in the group.
(Basically, most people talk about books they haven't read and receive approbation of their online-persona, a possibly unconscious behaviour and psychologically pleasant - for the most people dopamine is released in the brain when receiving positive social attention, and our brain doesn't distinguish much the release of chemical of social interaction and simulated social interaction - the fact that it happens is obviously due to the evolutionary benefits, but such benefits are not met by our online interaction, in that sense we fool ourselves unconsciously).
>>
>>7454652
will do at some point 2bh, but, currently, I've got enough lit to last me months.
>>
>>7454642
>how to be a hivemind memer 101
>>
>>7454683
The only books in that list that are really highly discussed are Moby Dick and Meditations 2bh.

/lit/ is pretty good for finding good,accessible literature, if nothing else.
>>
should've started with the greeks
>>
>>7454642
Don't stick to /lit/ for your book recs
Seriously, there are a fuck ton of good books that are never mentioned on this board
>>
I N F I N I T E J E S T
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.