[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
where to start with the new meme trilogy? do I need to read Savage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: the meme dream reseen.png (2 MB, 1560x750) Image search: [Google]
the meme dream reseen.png
2 MB, 1560x750
where to start with the new meme trilogy? do I need to read Savage Detectives?
>>
Whoever decided on those is retarded
>>
>>7453351
Why? They all seem like highly well-regarded novels, if a bit obtuse.
>>
File: nova_imperium.jpg (253 KB, 850x500) Image search: [Google]
nova_imperium.jpg
253 KB, 850x500
That's not the meme trilogy.
>>
youre forcing it
>>
>>7453355
Recognitions isn't obtuse in the least
>>
File: tumblr_mswo9cCCoH1rm9irpo2_1280.jpg (42 KB, 1280x536) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mswo9cCCoH1rm9irpo2_1280.jpg
42 KB, 1280x536
>>7453355
2666 is one of the most critically acclaimed books of this century.
Bolano is almost norm-core.
>>
>>7453330
2666 was such a fucking joke.
>>
I still think The Tunnel or Europe Central would be better choices than Women and Men. Also, J R rather than The Recognitions.
>>
>>7453364
/thread
>>
tfw only one of those books is actually good.
What the fuck happened to /lit/, f-a-m?
>>
>>7453330
I'd definitely put The Tunnel instead of 2666. The other two are good.
>>
>>7453369

all memes are begun by forcing them until people act like they're a regular part of board culture senpai
>>
>>7453936
Not true. Plenty of memes emerge organically.
>>
>>7453959
If by organic, you mean by a mental disorder shared by individuals here (autism, group think, cretinism), then sure, memes emerge organically.
>>
File: me.jpg (4 KB, 250x114) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
4 KB, 250x114
>>7453330
sorry senpai but you've been outmemed
>>
>>7453330
imagine people getting memed into actually reading Women and Men
>>
>>7454083
I really want to get into those, that thread was great, but there is no English for Zettel's Traum yet :(
>>
where to start?

more like when will you end.
>>
2666 -> The Recognitions -> Women and Men

2666 is like crack, and once any true patrician starts reading it they'll see why the new meme trilogy is the best meme trilogy.
>>
>>7453330

> meme trilogy
> one acceptable but not great book (Recognitions), two awful ones

yeah sounds about right

Freshman big-books-be-le-best general? :DDD
>>
>>7454753
This is true. I read 2666 in like 4 days or so and couldn't put it down. Fucking fantastic
>>
is gaddis hard to read? my english is not that stellar. i fucking love 266666666
>>
>>7453932
Fuck off and die!!!!!!!!!
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.