[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>For sale: baby shoes, never worn What did he mean by this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: ErnestHemingway2[1].jpg (69 KB, 900x743) Image search: [Google]
ErnestHemingway2[1].jpg
69 KB, 900x743
>For sale: baby shoes, never worn

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>7450635
they didnt fit. he had big feet.
>>
Nothing, since he didn't write that.
>>
>>7450643
did I say who wrote it?
>>
>>7450643
Who did?
>>
>>7450648
It was contextually implied.
>>
>>7450653
Unknown, the myth surrounding that "story" is just an apocrypha.
>>
>>7450635
He had bought that shoes for his kid and forgot them cuz he was so excited when he was born. Those shoes stayed in his car for years and his son discovered them when he was 18 and grabbed his daddy's car. That kind of shoes were trendy again in that moment so they decided they could make some bucks out of them.
>>
They bought baby boy's shoes, but unexpectedly had a girl.
>>
>>7450635
You don't need shoes to take baby steps, but the people who realize that tend to recommend shoes to others anyway.
>>
>"I will always remember you in a good way but sadly I can't live like this anymore - Love, Barky". After reading a writing on his favorite bone, left to him by beloved Barky, Spot gulped down the last bottle of whisky he had in his cabin, fell asleep and started sleeping. The eternal sleep... Spot and his misery has finally vanished from this dark and dirty world of the living.
>>
>>7450643
>>7450656
Get off 4chan if you're going to reply to shitposting this seriously
>>
he meant to buy babe shoes from the hit movie but misspelled it when placing his order
>>
>>7450665
The real answer is that they bought baby shoes but the baby came out of the womb as a fully grown adult.
It's the first sentence of a magical realism novel by Ernst Junger.
>>
>>7450635
The parents raped and killed the baby, now they are trying to get rid of the evidence.
>>
the baby was born wearing a pair of shoes.
>>
Saying trite shit might get you laid
>>
File: lit-you.jpg (44 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
lit-you.jpg
44 KB, 640x426
>>7450734
>wearing shoes
>never worn

please step up your shitposting game
>>
>>7450722
Nice try. It says never worn
>>
>>7450743

no you retard, the parents didn't know that the child was going to be born with shoes, so they bought a pair which they then had to sell because the child didn't need a second pair
>>
>>7450743
The parents bought shoes preemptively but they were pleasantly surprised when the baby was born wearing a pair of shoes.

Is that better?
>>
Hemingway was a sick fuck who got off to buying soiled baby shoes and rubbing them all over his cock.
Of course as soon as he found that these baby shoes were brand new, he created an advert for them immediately.
He then sold it off as some sad one sentenced story.
Disgusting.
>>
File: lit-dfwfunthing.jpg (149 KB, 518x793) Image search: [Google]
lit-dfwfunthing.jpg
149 KB, 518x793
>>7450748
now i feel retarded
sorry anon-kun
>>
>>7450635

I know this is sincerity-free memeland here, but the straightforward answer would be stillbirth, coupled with straitened financial circumstances.
>>
>>7450704
Get off /lit/ if you want to shitpost, seriously,
>>
>>7450757

Get off, /lit/, if you want to. Shitpost. Seriously!
>>
>>7450762
You callin me a shitpost, buddy?
>>
>>7450770

You a shitpost. Me calling? Buddy!
>>
How is bAbby formed
>>
>>7450779
U take ur wiener and stick it in a girl!!!
B careful tho, if u use wrong whole it will cum out black!!!!!!
>>
>>7450635
It's always amusing to watch /lit/ threads devolve into shit posting with psuedo-intellectuals.
>>
>>7450635
Baby died at birth, thus no need for shoes
>>
>>7450635
Kid was born without legs.
Gruesome story.
>>
>>7450789
As the thread wears on, the amount of effort it takes to read every post or even a majority of the posts increases. As the effort increases, the willingness to fully grasp the thread decreases. As the willingness to fully grasp the thread decreases, only those concerned with immediate posts remain. As those concerned with immediate posts contribute more posts, the thread becomes further diluted. Any remaining readers from the start of the thread abandon ship. The thread continues to be bumped and so it doesn't expire.

It's the way of the 4chan.
>>
His cunt of a wife aborted the thing after he bought shoes, thus they are no longer needed
>>
Kid was born with very strong feet, didn't need shoes
>>
>>7450789
>shit posting about baby shoes somehow makes us pseudo intellectuals
>>
This is a real one, and it's better:

Elegy

Who would I show it to

--WS Merwin
>>
The parents threw out the receipt.
>>
Parents are craigslist scammers.
Shoes look never-worn because babies don't walk.
>>
>>7450789
Are you implying there are 'real' intellectuals?
>>
>>7450789
>mmmmyes i must prove my intellect by calling everyone else unintelligent
Found the pseud
>>
>>7450635
I'd guess that the seller of the baby shoes was expecting a child that he could not conceive.
>>
>>7450635
It means the shoes were never fucking worn.
>>
>>7450806
I always read the whole thread, no matter how long it is.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.