[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hunger Games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: index.jpg (8 KB, 183x275) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8 KB, 183x275
What went wrong? I haven't read it yet and /lit/ says it's extreme pleb trash that's only good for growing kids.
>>
>>7448027
That is true.
>>
>>7448066
and how? explain
>>
>i havent read it yet but I form my opinion from other people on a Lithuanian wood carving image board
>>
>>7448097
>I form my opinion about chinese cartoons from other people on a video game hating image board
desu
>>
>>7448078
>and how?

what do you mean, 'how'? that's 'how' it was written
>>
I read all three books a few years ago, and yeah, they're pretty much the quintessential young-adult novels. They're nothing spectacular, but they made for some entertaining light reading. Except for the third book it was shit.
>>
>yet another generic teen lel survival novel
>3rd book has a shitty generic plot twist
I'm so sorry for you if you were forced to read this book back in high school
>>
>>7448204
>forced
Are there teachers assigning this thing??
>>
>>7448257
yep, I was forced to write a assignment to compare historical political events in late 1700's-1800's to The Hunger Games in general
>>
>>7448261
>Being assigned a research paper based on a YA book.
You poor fucker.
>>
>>7448261
>not writing an essay boycotting the assignment instead.
not the lit lifestyle desu senpai
>>
I've read them. I actually thought they had good world building, and books 1+3 were mindlessly entertaining. Really poor dialogue though. I fucking hate contrived love triangles though, usually drop books immediately if they introduce them.
>>
>>7448362
Honestly if you like the concept just watch battle royale though.
>>
It's a teen-young adult fiction book, just like the last few Harry Potter books, and that Divergent shit.

You're not meant to analyze the text and get something out of it, those books are only there to entertain and tell a story.

They are meant for those teenagers who want to say that they read books and then think of themselves as better than others.
>>
50 year old psuedo-intellectual men love Hunger Games. I still have no idea why.
>>
read it a few years ago, does world building pretty well but is overlong and its quantity of emotional/dramatic impact is on par with that in a decent fifteen page short story. if you're looking for interesting ideas, something like that, there are none. also, don't recall the prose being good, even for a low genre
>>
>>7448027
>talk to my few friends about what they read
>muh hunger games

Judgement day when?
>>
>>7448880
now, if you want it hard enough
>>
Hugely successful. However, no literary merits have ever been revealed and maintained in their significance. That is why it can be dismissed. It's had enough time. Only if it draws you in on a prurient level would you have any cause to read it.
>>
File: l ron hubbard.jpg (61 KB, 325x441) Image search: [Google]
l ron hubbard.jpg
61 KB, 325x441
>>7448880
I deliver it.
>>
>>7448027
I don't think anything went wrong. It hit its target market perfectly and was a massive financial success. I don't think the author is losing any sleep over "what went wrong." I'm jealous desu and would love to experience that level of recognition.
>>
>>7448027
Nothing went wrong. It was designed to be a series of books for teenagers, and it succeeded in its goal.
>>
>>7448027
"Having each third of the books take place with the same settings is genius pacing!"
>>
It's fine, no worse than Harry Potter. You can read all three of them in a day each if you're really inclined, why not who cares. The third one goes off the rails but at most you lost three days and then you can go back to reading Proust or whatever.
>>
>>7448027
Nothing is wrong with it, it's meant as a book for teenagers so it reads as if it's a book for teenagers. /lit/ hates it because it's not something extremely deep or meaningful.

>yfw a decent book is ostracized because it's not "elite" enough.
>>
>>7450692
It's really not decent, it just succeeded in what it was trying to do. Succeeding in mediocrity isn't decent.
>>
>>7448261
>assignment to compare historical political events in late 1700's-1800's to The Hunger Games in general

What the fuck?
>>
>>7450692
>it's a book for teenagers/children so it can be shit
I hate this meme
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.