[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can speak Russian because I was raised in a Russian speaking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1366240955054.jpg (40 KB, 399x388) Image search: [Google]
1366240955054.jpg
40 KB, 399x388
I can speak Russian because I was raised in a Russian speaking house but I can't read the alphabet and my vocabulary is pretty limited

Will I ever be able to read Dostoevsky in Russian? Or do I have to stick to translations
>>
just practice the language with more focus on the alphabet with reading.
>>
Why try? Just give up, now.
>>
>>7440920
Alphabets are easy and since you have an inherent knowledge of the grammar you should be able to skip through the books with ease so long as you keep a thesaurus about. Really, half an hour at most to get to grip with the alphabet and a dictionary whilst you read. You might be a bit slow at first but you'll be fine.
>>
>>7441099
oblomov pls
>>
You can learn the alphabet in less than a week. After that read some children's literature to get the hang of it. Then read YA or novels with simple vocabulary. Read the classics when you feel like it.
>>
>>7440920
whats wrogn with translations??
>>
are you a qt french girl called Kristina?
>>
>>7441650
Everything

Since a translation doesn't use the author's own words a translation is nothing more than an imitation.
>>
Fuck you, OP. You've already got like 80% down of the work of learning a language already. The rest of us aren't so fucking lucky. You owe it to us to learn to read Russian, you privileged fuck.
>>
>>7441659
who cares dude its the same story :S
>>
File: sdg.jpg (94 KB, 1056x690) Image search: [Google]
sdg.jpg
94 KB, 1056x690
>>7441672
Yeah but so is this
>>
>>7441683
The faggot you're debating with is a bad troll, don't bother.
>>
>>7440920
Hey what does Sooki mean
>>
>>7441752
Cunt.
>>
>>7441655
no Im a guy named George

thanks for the advice guys Im gonna go learn the alphabet
>>
>>7441752
plural of suka, so bitches
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.