[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your biggest /lit/ sins? >Disregard basically all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 1449374960292.png (299 KB, 673x669) Image search: [Google]
1449374960292.png
299 KB, 673x669
What are your biggest /lit/ sins?

>Disregard basically all female writers for no good reason
>Get in arguments about things I haven't read, basing my opinion on wikipedia and shitposts here
>Almost never finish books; I only read about 80% of them and procrastinate until I feel like I'd have to start over completely, at which point I just start a new book
>>
>129 million books in existence
>hundreds of books in backlog
>halfway finished with about four of them
>choose to spend entire day on 4chan

This is my greatest /lit/ sin.
>>
>>7440306
>spend multiple hours a day on /lit/, barely any time reading

God, what the fuck am I even doing with my time?
>>
>>7440306
Pretty much this, and disregarding any author that I haven't heard of or seen being discussed in here.
>>
File: 1235430270689.jpg (61 KB, 846x673) Image search: [Google]
1235430270689.jpg
61 KB, 846x673
>>7440289
>Won't give Dickens a fair shot for his heavy-handed morality, yet I accept it when Hugo does it
>Don't keep up with contemporary writers at all.
>Ignore most American writing as a whole
>Am not fluent in any of the languages I've learned and haven't read anything extensive in its native tongue
>>
i only read "classics", and never retain anything more than the barebones of the story after reading them
>>
>>7440306
this
>>
>>7440310
>spend hours on twitter, 4chan, some facebook.
>don't make time to work on my novel
>>
university has simultaneously given me a massive backlog of amazing authors who are going to change my entire worldview, and ensured i never have any time to read them

i swear i've been on a 3 year vacation from Actually Reading, in the land of Skimming Shit For Tuesday's Class Then Forgetting It Tuesday Afternoon

literally ten more days of this shit and i get to actually work on my thesis, actually start reading things for reals again

i type this as i am alt+tabbed from a half-finished paper about shit i could not possibly care about, sitting next to a stack of books that i'm goign to rip information from just to shove it up the paper's ass without ever actually interacting with it on any meaningful level, and when i finish this fucking one i have two more
>>
I masturbate to Catholic erotica.

http://www.nifty.org/nifty/gay/adult-youth/the-priest-and-the-altarboy
>>
I don't read female, black and American authors.
>>
I don't read, I don't write.

I just go to /lit/ and play hearthstone.

I have become everything I hate.
>>
Wouldn't say it's a sin, more of a virtue, but if someone rec's me a book I've not heard of, I cross-reference it with Bloom's Canon and if it's not on the list I tell whomever that I have too much on my plate as is. It's true that I have so much to read already, but also I'm not about to read some contemporary trash that Bloom has yet to have blessed
>>
>>7440289
>>Almost never finish books; I only read about 80% of them and procrastinate until I feel like I'd have to start over completely, at which point I just start a new book
This makes me angry.
>>
>>7440289
>Disregard basically all female writers

this

also I enter discussions on philosophers whose works I haven't read

^people usually take my arguments about them seriously which is why I don't take this place seriously
>>
>Allocate time to reading and spend half of it on my phone as I don't feel in the right state of mind for reading yet
>>
>>7440327
>Don't keep up with contemporary writers at all.
>Ignore most American writing as a whole
Not sins tbqh
>>
>>7441526
I do the same. I wonder what % of philo discussion on this board is actually people bluffing.
>>
>>7440289

>Bail on books around ~50 pages if I'm not enjoying it
>Don't move on to new books fast enough, spend too much time writing or goofing off instead
>>
>>7440289
>Disregard basically all female writers for no good reason
this- I don't even know where this comes from. I'll go further and say I won't read books with a female lead. It's like fanfiction- 80% of it is schlock.

>Almost never finish books; I only read about 80% of them and procrastinate until I feel like I'd have to start over completely, at which point I just start a new book
I as well. It kills me.

>I only read for fun
>I can't read epic poems (even though I want too)
>I think 90% of /lit/ is either trolling, or cripplingly retarded.
>I think 90% of the people who go on and on about philosophers and philosophy don't understand what they're reading.
>>
I can't stand atheist pomo
>>
I prefer audiobooks.
I never "read books" until I got a job where I can listen to audiobooks.
Over the past year I've "read" (listened to) about a hundred books.
I really like audiobooks but never particularly liked reading.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.