[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who was the Shakespeare of the Spanish language? >Cervantez
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: sword attack.png (256 KB, 540x619) Image search: [Google]
sword attack.png
256 KB, 540x619
Who was the Shakespeare of the Spanish language?

>Cervantez
>Marquez
>Borges

Might be pleb options but im not well read. Who is the true Shakey of espanol?
>>
Obviamente Calderón de la Barca.

>who? /lit/, help! you guys didn't spoonfeed me this author yet!!
>>
>>7439767

Given how Shakespeare and Cervantes died on the same day (the 500th anniversary of which is coming up next year, 23 April 2016, so mark your calendars), I'm going to say it was he.
>>
None of them had that much impact on the language. Obviously Cervantes is the most influential on the novel.
>>
>>7439777
this pretty much. La Vida es Sueno is pretty god tier.

Lope de Vega isn't bad either.
>>
>>7439811
Not true. They did die on the same date, but England and Spain had different calendars at the time so they actually died several months apart.

>>7439777
>>who? /lit/, help! you guys didn't spoonfeed me this author yet!!
Wow, omg anon you're the coolest, you know who Calderon de la Barca is!!!!!11

I know about him, too (and I'm a Slav) and desu I think La Vida is too exaggerated. Like, the guy literally throws an another one from a balcony for shits and giggles because hurr spent his whole life in prison durr he has no morality and hurrrr durrrrrrr muhh durr
But maybe I've read a shitty translation, who knows.
>>
>>7439879

I do know about the calendar part, but it's still a fun thing to mention.
>>
steak in a boot
>>
>>7439879
>Wow, omg anon you're the coolest
>is!!!!!11
>hurr
>durr
>and hurrrr durrrrrrr muhh durr

>>>/gaia/
>>
>>7439824
This. If anything, Cervantes should be compared with Joyce.
>>
>>7439767
>Shakespeare of the Spanish language
go fuck yourself
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.