[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There were people on their deathbed awaiting the conclusion of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
There were people on their deathbed awaiting the conclusion of this series.

King might has well have just put "fuck you" in comic sans as the only page of the book. What the fuck happened?
>>
>>7436783
>waiting on your deathbed for Stephen King

What did they die of? Shit taste?
>>
>>7436806

KEK!! HAHAHA HOLY FUCK!
>>
I didn't like the metafiction element in the books.
>>
>>7436806
>>7436893
it was one old lady who wrote King saying she was dying of cancer and if he told her the conclusion to the story she would have taken it to her grave. But he didn't have an ending at the time
>>
>>7436926

King is such a monster. Im not sure how he could live with himself after that t b h.
>>
>>7436783
"lol he opened the door and the whole quest restarted :^)"

One of the biggest "fuck you"s in the history of the medium. Mass Effect 3's ending didn't bother me as much as this.
>>
>>7436926
top kek
>>
yeah, even worse than typical Kings shit-ending of a book.
Actually don't know if ending of this or ending of The Stand was worse.
Disgusting.
>>
>>7437056
Well you should have stopped reading before that part like Stevie told you to :3
This is the same pretentious shit like "you should have stopped playing the game" in Spec Ops The Line
>>
Someone doesn't know how to deal with infinite recurrence.
>>
File: good endings, what are those.jpg (37 KB, 609x480) Image search: [Google]
good endings, what are those.jpg
37 KB, 609x480
>>7437186
>ending of The Stand was worse

King is literally the king of deus ex machina endings.

That being said, The Long Walk is probably one of his better conceived endings.
>>
>>7437249
I, in a really dirty guilty pleasure way, enjoyed those early King 'Bachman' novels. The long walk and Running man in particular.

Still trash though, but enjoyable (in almost same way as earlier books of Clive Barker, but The Damnation Game has some cool imagination, especially in the beginning: that WW2 passage is like B-grade sinister 'copy' of Gravity's rainbow).
>>
>>7437563
For some reason I don't like people calling something which they have enjoyed 'trash'. It's unfair on the author who has given you some pleasure.
>>
>>7437563
So you would called it good?

I meant trash as just bad. I knew it's bad while reading it, but continued in reading because it was good for killing the time (read while wasn't at mood to read anything dificult, and actualy I was supposed to do some work but was too lazy to do so).

It is for me in the same way as for movies. For example: I enjoyed last Terminator movie and still I thought it was really really bad (hence 'trash'). On other hand, I highly enjoyed Sans Soleil, yet it was enjoyment in different way.
>>
And I forgot to add, I read second half of The Stand, most of The dark tower and did not enjoy it. It was chore and bore. Completely different situation, wouldn't even call it trash because it is that bad.
>>
The ending was the only good part about the latter half of the series. It went to shit somewhere between The Wastelands and Wizard & Glass and I'm glad the ending salvaged it.
>>
>>7437571
what if I enjoy trashy whores?
>>
>>7436783

Am I the only one who liked the ending and thought it appropriate? That said, I well understand the criticism.

I how it partially encourages you to envision Roland's further exploits as he inches closer to redemption. How can he change his fate? Not letting Jake die under the mountains seems like a good start.
>>
>>7437571
Fuck off frog
>>
King books with what I'd consider good endings:

The Shining
Carrie
Misery
Tommyknockers
Pet Cemetary
Salem's Lot

he hasn't got that bad of a record. I personally think the final pages of The Dark Tower are the most powerful of the whole series, despite the series as a whole going right downhill.

I am also OK with the way The Stand ends.

IT is just wrong thougj.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.