[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does one get into Arthurian lore? Is there such a thing as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
How does one get into Arthurian lore? Is there such a thing as chronological reading or obligated stories?
>>
what's with the revived interest in medievalism all of the sudden
>>
File: 1381724242230.jpg (12 KB, 248x759) Image search: [Google]
1381724242230.jpg
12 KB, 248x759
>>7431538
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJMof_P9wKU
Arthur did nothing wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgQAEwLU4js
>>
File: 1340070607913.gif (1019 KB, 500x235) Image search: [Google]
1340070607913.gif
1019 KB, 500x235
>>7431547
It's because of the invaders in Europe. Oh sorry, "refugees".

XP
>>
>>7431656
>using a two-decade old trend in academia to justify your trendy bait post

0/10
>>
>>7431547
4chan tends to hivemind
>>
>>7431689
i wasn't talking about 4chan tbqh

the medieval dept at my uni exploded within the last 5 years

it's like the new english degree only for girls only??
>>
I love T.H. White's The Once and Future King, and it's a fun read either as an introduction or something to go over later and laugh at all the funny ways it references The Morte D'Arthur.

I'd start with De Troyes Romances, Everyman has a great annotated edition, followed by Sir Gawain and the Green Knight. Then you're ready to dive into L Morte D'Arthur by Malroy.

>>7431547
Fate/stay night tbch
>>
>>7431702
time is a flat circle
>>
>>7431709

Thanks senpai.
>>
File: giphy.gif (955 KB, 500x188) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
955 KB, 500x188
>>7431718
>>
>>7431709
>I'd start with De Troyes Romances, Everyman has a great annotated edition, followed by Sir Gawain and the Green Knight. Then you're ready to dive into L Morte D'Arthur by Malroy.
/thread

Also the Arthurian section of Laȝamon's Brut as well as its derivative works Roman de Brut (Wace) and the Historia Regnum Britanniae (Geoffrey of Monmouth)
>>
>>7431547
People are realizing that Modernity has significant failures.
>>
>>7431547
it was the last time european white bois stood up and whipped muslim ass without feeling guilty about it
>>
File: 1449282755262.png (125 KB, 287x281) Image search: [Google]
1449282755262.png
125 KB, 287x281
>>7431753
>>7431656
>mfw /pol/ebs have no idea what they're talking about
>they don't realize it's mostly feminist critical theory revitalizing it
>hurr durr crusades hurr durr must agree with i

ayy
>>
>>7431656
love how all the "refugees" are military age men between the age of 18-35, back in the those little faggots would have been called "deserters" and treated with utter contempt, i guess coddling cowards as if they were women and children is a victory for "men's rights" but i say it's degeneracy, they won't stay and fight isis, but america is supposed to send out troops while those "refugees" lounge around on french welfare, nah, fuck that
>>
>>7431763
topkek
Do you know of any papers or studies you can link? It would be interesting.
>>
>>7431760
>what was the reconquesta, siege of vienna and lawrence of arabia

Please learn about history before shitposting /pol/aks
>>
>>7431753
but the enlightenment and renaissance were all before modernism, no need to go full retard just because marxism turned out to be a bunch of bullshit
>>
>>7431776
>lawrence of arabia

he helped the arabs defeat the last vestiges of the ottoman empire (today a NATO member) so really he was helping Arabs weaken Western power, maybe YOU need to learn about history, faggot
>>
>>7431769
yep i was just reading these

Terrell, Katherine H. "Competing Gender Ideologies And The Limitations Of Language In Le Roman De Silence."

Keene, Katie. "'Cherchez Eufeme': The Evil Queen in Le Roman de Silence."
>>
>>7431788
>he helped the arabs defeat the last vestiges of the ottoman empire (today a NATO member) so really he was helping Arabs weaken Western power, maybe YOU need to learn about history, faggot
/pol/ebs are somehow this dumb
>>
File: christ-chan crusader.jpg (179 KB, 870x905) Image search: [Google]
christ-chan crusader.jpg
179 KB, 870x905
>>7431763
Feminists are a bit deluded if they think a revival of the Medievals is going to help their secular, late Capitalist cause.
>>
>>7431776
>engaging /pol/
>contributing to the rot of the board

/lit/ pls
>>
>>7431813
This. Ignore /pol/ebs. They're too stupid to be engaged with as evident from this statement >>7431809.

>>7431802
Thank you.
>>
>>7431809
>Feminists are a bit deluded if they think a revival of the Medievals is going to help their secular, late Capitalist cause.

you're literally autistic if that's the reason you think medieval literature is being studied.

nice chat about things you know nothing about brah, come back when you've read some books, we could talk about hose.
>>
>>7431807
and what pray tell do you think lawrence of arabia was up to exactly? besides being a faggot who liked to camp out with arab boys in the desert of course
>>
>>7431825
I just don't understand how you can study medieval literature with critical theory. It seems to be totally resistant to that sort of analysis. It's like trying to study literature from another planet.
>>
>>7431813
>>7431818
>>7431825
You guys are just triggered by my faith like a bunch of bigots. Heh, it's pretty ironic, kids. One day my sword will be against your throats though and then you'll know my power and my love for Jesus.

DEUS VULT
>>
>>7431825
medieval literature is being studied because in order to get a grad degree you have to publish original research and everything else has already been used up at this point, so now they have to put together threadbare feminist readings of shitty medieval poems of the lowest order in order to graduate
>>
Reminder to not engage with /pol/ebs. They are impossible to be reasoned with and will only waste your time.
>>
>>7431846
Fuck off you roleplaying shit. Jesus didn't die for you to pretend to be a crusader on an anime image board. Sam Harris would be proud of you.
>>
>>7431846
sorry dude the only place were sexist murderers are still welcomed is islam, christianity is all about peace and love for mankind assorted other faggot shit these days, probably due to the oversize influence of jews in america
>>
>>7431854
>>7431855
There will be a crusade one day and you will all pay unless you accept Jesus as your Lord. Our Kingdom of Heaven is coming.
>>
>>7431868
The immanentization of the eschaton is heresy in all forms of Christianity.
>>
>>7431547
Things seem to go in circles. The Renaissance was as great as ancient Greece, if not better.
>>
>>7431847
>medieval literature is being studied because in order to get a grad degree
>you have to publish original research
>now they have to put together threadbare feminist readings of shitty medieval poems of the lowest order in order to graduate

Wait in Klapistan you have to publish papers to get a degree? Isn't that for doctorates??
>>
>>7431768
You realize their government is bombing them, right?
>>
>>7432694

Right, publishing papers is only for Masters and maybe Doctorates (PhD's). But that's what the conversation is about, a revival of medieval studies at the graduate level.
>>
>>7432713
I thought it was doctorates and not masters.
>>
>>7431802
Any chance you could upload those at pomf.io and share the link here? I ain't paying £25 for one article...

Thanks!
>>
>all these people taking the bait in this thread
Fucking hell /lit/ get it together.
>>
>>7432718
I meant to say, Doctorates and maybe some Masters.
>>
>>7432724
found you the terrell

https://u.pomf.io/qvepdt.pdf

jstor won't let me download the eufeme one. it's a shame cuz it's good.
>>
>>7432724
Not him, but you can download one from here for free
http://www.researchgate.net/publication/254347767_Competing_Gender_Ideologies_and_the_Limitations_of_Language_in_Le_Roman_de_Silence

And here's the dropbox of the other one
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g6gs6nfr5lfhbdu/27870628.pdf?dl=0
>>
>>7432795
>>7432795
thanks
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.