[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dear Aristotle: YOUR COCKSUCKING BOOK HAS REDUCED ME TO A GIBBERING
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: aristotle.jpg (27 KB, 375x450) Image search: [Google]
aristotle.jpg
27 KB, 375x450
Dear Aristotle:
YOUR COCKSUCKING BOOK HAS REDUCED ME TO A GIBBERING MAN-APE WHOSE ONLY RESORT TO DEALING WITH THE ALMIGHTY loving GRIEF IT'S BESTOWED UPON ME IS TO SCREAM AND HURT MYSELF.

Seriously, I am jumping up and down and throwing my shit in handfuls at the loving wall in some impotent primal effort to get the thing to make sense. I have been sitting here trying to enjoy your book - YOUR BOOK, YOUR COLLECTION OF ESSAYS, YOUR CONTRACT BETWEEN AUTHOR AND READER THAT THE READER WILL ENJOY YOUR PRODUCT - but instead the fucking thing's been crawling out of my hands and taking warm shits in my gaping eyes, Swear to god, you should have just added a little door to the front cover through which a hand pops out and flips me off, because I am insulted that your editor or publishers or whatever brainless shitstove three genes short of a monkey FAGNUT prints your books through thought that a person with more than a single loving digit IQ could enjoy "On Poetics" INSULTED

WORK WITH ME HERE: The goal's simple enough!Read the first line Hey, that's fine, it's just like any of Plato's works; not a problem! Only deal is your cross-eyed tongue-slapping ass decided to give the obscure meaning every single fucking line possible

HURRR, you say. THAT'S JUST THE CHALLENGE. IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE EASY. Well fuck that noise, you lopsided frankenfaced fuckfurter.

Tell me, please, why does the BOOK have to win? Huh? What happens when the book wins and I lose? Is there some huge fucking kegger waiting for it when it gets done? Is there money involved? Or perhaps the motives are more sinister. Maybe the book's family is being held hostage by another book and that book has it's cock in Nicomachean Ethics's wife's mouth and he's holding a cell phone up to her and Nicomachean Ethics can hear her pained moans and cries for help and the asshole book then says, "You beat that cock-sucking human, or I'll blow her brains out." I COULD UNDERSTAND THAT. I CAN BE SYMPATHETIC.

It's not any fun if I can't understand, you faggot. I want to move on. I want to unlock whatever piece of shit platitude you have hidden away from me so I can start philosophizing and living the literary lifestyle. When your book prevents me from fully enjoying the product I have bought you have failed in your fucking mission to deliver a book. You lose! You break the contract! You contract the gay and fucking DIE DIE DIE.
>>
Wow, what an over-the-top reaction to some amazing pieces of literature, but I see where you're coming from, life does get frustrating when you can't comprehend past a 4th grade level.
>>
>>7429722
Read Plato, he's much easier going. Aristotle was just a kek anyway.
>>
FUCKING ARISTOTLE SLOW THE FUCK DOWN I CAN'T KEEP UP WITH YOUR IDEAS
>>
>>7430560

>just a kek
>basically invented the scientific method
>huge inspiration for the christian idea of virtues

fuck this board, I'm out. have fun with /pol/ 2.0 you faggots
>>
>>7430560
>>>/trash/
>>
>>7430560
>Plato
>much easier going

Maybe on a surface level reading but he goes in deep
>>
>>7429722
>YOUR BOOK, YOUR COLLECTION OF ESSAYS, YOUR CONTRACT BETWEEN AUTHOR AND READER THAT THE READER WILL ENJOY YOUR PRODUCT

they were never intented to be public books, most of it it's notes put together by his disciples.
>>
>>7430580
>basically invented the scientific method
False. The scientific method is the Socratic method, elenchus.
>>
File: 1446833838438.jpg (157 KB, 992x880) Image search: [Google]
1446833838438.jpg
157 KB, 992x880
>>7430580
>christian idea of virtues
>>
>>7430590
>he goes in deep
Yes he does. Plato just writes better. Aristotle's style is boring as fuck.
>>
>>7429722
>not knowing where this is from
>>
>>7430613
That's because all we have left of Aristotle is his lecture notes. He wrote Dialogues and Plays but none have survived but fragments.
>>
>>7430580
Aristotle's ideas are so incompatible with Christianity it's hilariously ironic.

Aristotle was actually consistant and genuine with his philosophy. He realized that the natural conclusion of teleology is massive social inequality. Consider his explanation with the flute player and apply that on a world-wide scale. Who most deserves money? Those that use it best. He even acknowledged that some people's only fitting teleology was to be a slave to higher men. Trying to balance this with Christian concepts like charity is hopless, the entire Aristotle/Christianity marriage is based on nothing but cherry picking the man's philosophy.

Even Aristotle's proof for God was bastardized. Aristotle tried to base his proof on the real world, with actual physics, this is what meta-physics is about, it's what comes after physics. In other words his version is falsifiable. The Christian (and also the Islamic) rip off of his proof ignores physics and tries to just define things into existence.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.