[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.outofservice.com/bigfive/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: Untitled.jpg (199 KB, 1909x831) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
199 KB, 1909x831
Post yours. Let's see what kind of people are attracted to literature.

>Research suggests that the same five-factor structure of personality can be found in multiple other countries, based on a translated version of the Revised NEO Personality Inventory. Over the past decade, studies on the validity of the Five-Factor Model using translations of the Revised NEO Personality Inventory have found broad support across many different studies and in many different countries; in earlier studies, Extraversion and Neuroticism were reported as stable personality scales across several cultures, including German, Dutch, French, Japanese, Chinese, and Filipino samples

>Further research found support for the entire Five-Factor Model in Chinese, Dutch, Italian, Hungarian, German, Australian, South African, Canadian, Finnish, Polish, Portuguese, Israeli, Korean, Japanese, and Filipino samples, in addition to other samples. Across multiple studies, factor analyses of translations of the Revised NEO Personality Inventory in languages from different language families consistently load on five factors that largely correspond to the Big Five personality traits. Additionally, the Big Five traits have been found in the personality ratings of observers in over 50 cultures, indicating that the previous findings were not dependent merely on ratings of the self. Overall, this body of work has established the validity of the Five-Factor model cross-culturally, potentially providing evidence for the Five-Factor Model as a universal taxonomy of personality structure
>>
>/lit/ is for the discussion of literature
>>
>>7428100
yes and? this is a discussion about people who read literature
>>
File: Screenshot_8.png (8 KB, 394x144) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_8.png
8 KB, 394x144
I'm an edgelord
>>
>>7428097
Nice try NSA.
>>
>>7428130
we already know of your pedophilic leanings, do you think we need this stupid test to know everything about you?
>>
I just don't know how to answer these questions...
>>
File: 1444098272100.png (23 KB, 489x423) Image search: [Google]
1444098272100.png
23 KB, 489x423
>tfw closed-minded
>used to have relatively high open mindedness on similar questionnaires.
Sucks getting old and being depressed
>>
>>7428171
isn't it common to get more closed minded as you get older?
>>
>>7428178
Yeah, I don't consider it a bad thing, but them equating it with "intellect" in the test irked me.
>>
Though -- I smoke a lot of pot for the anxiety, so usually when I'm around others I'm a lot less high strung.
>>
>>7428186
something like "inquisitiveness" would be better IMO

I mean the hippie on a roadtrip, trying out every drug imaginable and having gay sex all over would be pretty high in "open to new experiences" but if you have any experience with people like that, you'd know they aren't "complex" or "creative" except for a few exceptions
>>
File: 1426682637009.jpg (44 KB, 550x535) Image search: [Google]
1426682637009.jpg
44 KB, 550x535
>>7428097
>personality test with right/wrong answers
>>
>>7428196
>right/wrong answers

where? I don't see them
>>
>>7428198
It's in the descriptors of the dimensions.

It's clearly better to be Open, Conscientious, Extroverted, Calm, and Agreeable.
>>
>>7428205
I'm trying to find a webpage that had improved descripions on the big five but no luck

anyway the point it had was that someone who's "calm, agreeable and extroverted" is not always someone fun to be around, he can be a wishy-washy doormat

similarly someone with very high "calm" can be someone who simply doesn't give a fuck or suffers from bad anhedonia or detachment

someone with high conscentiousness can be an anal-retentive bureaucrat

high agreeableness means unassertiveness, lack of confidence

etc. there's two sides to both
>>
>Low scorers tend to be disorganized, undependable, negligent.

Christ, tell me how you really feel.
>>
File: lel.jpg (19 KB, 400x143) Image search: [Google]
lel.jpg
19 KB, 400x143
damn... son...
>>
>>7428223
I start a lot of stuff but finish almost nothing

I'm always missing deadlines

disorganized I disagree with, my method of organization looks disorganized but is anything but. I know where everything is and I can tell you the logic behind everything I do
>>
>>7428195
Exactly my thoughts.

I don't see what whether or not I want to go to 3rd world countries to do drugs and fuck brown people has to do with my intellect.
>>
>>7428205
>Everyone should be the same.

LOL
>>
>>7428097

That color scheme gives me seizures. Fuck your tests.
>>
>>7428195
it's almost as if personality models and other self help crap are complete bullshit
>>
>>7428327
99% of them are

big five isn't though, it's pretty consistent across cultures

and it has nothing to do with self help

but it doesn't tell you much because >>7428215

it's just an inventory of preferences and thinking styles

the more descriptive a personality model gets, the more full of shit it usually is(see MBTI)
>>
Is there a single person who believes in this HR-tier psychology bullshit?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.