[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
lmao, Jefferson is more /lit/ than any of you >Jefferson’s
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: jefferson.jpg (283 KB, 625x748) Image search: [Google]
jefferson.jpg
283 KB, 625x748
lmao, Jefferson is more /lit/ than any of you

>Jefferson’s constant purchasing of books also seems to have been a detriment to his finances and probably played some part in his bankruptcy at the time of his death.
>>
if he's so /lit/ how come he's dead?

btfo

op on suicide on watch
>>
Well being a materialistic retard is pretty /lit/.
>>
>>7428047
But he wasn't a homosexual.
>>
>>7428055
Pretty sure they wore leggings and wigs.
>>
>>7428068
And high collars, but all of that was because they didn't bathe much. That's pretty /lit/, innit?
>>
Yeah, but books cost like, 100 bucks a pop back then.
>>
>>7428047
DUDE, LIKE, GET A KINDLE LMAO
>>
>>7428047
His personal collection literally replaced a good chunk of the Library of Congress after it burned down
>>
File: snickeringslatterns.jpg (134 KB, 446x400) Image search: [Google]
snickeringslatterns.jpg
134 KB, 446x400
>he fell for the "John Locke" meme
>>
>>7429600
The University of Virginia's library system is still the first backup to the library of congress. Jefferson personally chose every book which was in the Rotunda (then the school's library) when he founded the university. One of the fun facts I liked when I went there was that it was the first major western university centered on a library instead of a church.
>>
Why wouldn't he just torrent ebooks ?
>>
>>7429633
neat
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.