[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hugbox General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: hugbox.jpg (71 KB, 736x490) Image search: [Google]
hugbox.jpg
71 KB, 736x490
>>
>>7426899
What's in the box, OP?
>>
>>7426902
Belonging.

How was your day, anon?
>>
There is already a tinychat thread
>>
>>7426906
It was good. I pretty much relaxed for its entirety. How was your day, friend?
>>
>>7426913
Good. I'm reading Suttree right now. You?
>>
>>7426921
Both Under the Volcano and The Recognitions. How do you like Suttree?
>>
>lit hug box

communism works in theory!!
>>
>>7426926
It's great. I just got to the part where Suttree had to lasso a dog out of a slopbarrel. It's filled with tons of hilarious little moments like these.

Is The Recognitions as good as people make it out to be?
>>
>>7426932
>Is The Recognitions as good as people make it out to be?
Yes: it's hilarious, beautifully written, emotionally striking, and brilliant overall. Pynchon beats Gaddis in the style department, but he doesn't come close to the depth Gaddis' has.
>>
>>7426912
Is that the thread where the people were using webcams to see each other?

>>7426930
This isn't a dog eat dog world.
>>
>>7426932
Fuck, I still haven't read Suttree or Blood Meridian.
I've read everything else from him, though. Child of God was amazing. I'm still a sucker for All the Pretty Horses, though. It has the best description of a sex scene ever.
>>
>>7426948
Nice. I'm looking to read The Crossing next, and then probably Child of God, since I've heard a lot of good things about it.

You should definitely read Blood Meridian. And I think Suttree is becoming one of my absolute favorites.

>It has the best description of a sex scene ever.

W-what does he say?
>>
>>7426940
>doesn't come close to the depth Gaddis' has

Well, you sold me. I prefer authors with a lot of depth desu. That might be why I don't like Pynchon too much.
>>
File: b-beautiful.jpg (921 KB, 2964x2282) Image search: [Google]
b-beautiful.jpg
921 KB, 2964x2282
>>7426967
I'll read Blood Meridian eventually. I'm pretty sure it's in my shelf already.
Currently I'm reading Pale Fire and also Dubliners. Pale Fire is fun, Dubliners is sometimes pretty hard for a non-native speaker like me.
>>
>>7427007
Nice. He has a way with words, that's for certain. I like your copy of The Crossing btw. Can't wait to jump into that one next.

What's your native language?
>>
>>7427039
Have you read All the Pretty Horses already? If I remember correctly The Crossing and Horses have no direct relation but Cities of the Plains definitely uses the characters from both books.

It's German.
>>
>>7427058
No I haven't. I just liked the premise of The Crossing. I've heard All the Pretty Horses isn't McCarthy's best work anyway. I'm gonna work on finishing all of his books before he releases The Passenger next year.

Your English is very good.
>>
>>7427078
All the Pretty Horses is definitely the prettiest of his works. Read it while you're still young.
Keep in mind The Crossing is the second part of the trilogy and All the Pretty horses the first. There are subtle changes in his writing style. Personally I usually try to start with an authors earliest work first. Or, sometimes, I start with the most popular work first to see if I like the author.

I learned it all from shitposting on 4chan. :^)
>>
I want you all to suffocate.
>>
>>7427119
I love you, friend.
>>
>>7427119
suffocate in a loving embrace? :3
>>
>>7427122
we all love him
>>
>>7427119
I'm suffocating right now
>>
>>7427098
Nice. I'm working on learning French atm. I've tried shitposting in the /r9k/ French feels threads because they're shit, but I feel like I should find some French chatrooms where they can ridicule me until I can write in French decently.
>>
>>7427145
Learning French probably isn't too hard, I guess. Most of the words also exist in English.
I'm able to understand most French (written and spoken) from knowing Latin and English. I've read Rimbaud and Baudelaire in French. I used a German translation to get by, though. Poetry isn't exactly easy when you're not a speaker of the language.
>>
>>7427119
ruuuuuude
>>
File: anti-bully ranger.jpg (42 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
anti-bully ranger.jpg
42 KB, 512x512
>>7427119
don't bully
>>
File: 1449367936695.jpg (75 KB, 736x490) Image search: [Google]
1449367936695.jpg
75 KB, 736x490
>>
>>7429784
fugg :DDDD
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.