[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/lit/ whats something that isn't hard to read? My brain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3
File: LSAT-Results-2015.jpg (49 KB, 610x340) Image search: [Google]
LSAT-Results-2015.jpg
49 KB, 610x340
/lit/ whats something that isn't hard to read? My brain is mush after taking the LSAT today.

Anyone else take it, or have taken it? I read enough about the fucking LSAT that it should be /lit/ related.
>>
>>7426488
Infinite Jest.
>>
>>7426491
>Infinite Jest
>he lengthy and complex work takes place in a North American dystopia, centering on a junior tennis academy and a nearby substance-abuse recovery center

Wat.
>>
>>7426488
read some terry pratchett or douglas adams.
>>
>>7426498
Go home Reddit.
>>
>>7426488
Confederacy of Dunces, Kafka, Catch-22
These make me laugh.
>>
>>7426488
the little prince, 80 pages or smt and senpai itll rock your world
>>
>>7426488
Alice Munro.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2006/06/05/dimension
>>
Ava Gardner: The Secret Conversations
The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin
On The Road
The Coming of Conan
Any nice short story collection
>>
William S Burroughs
>>
Watership Down
>>
>>7426488
Read poetry. It's what I do when I've completely fucked my brain, and need to recharge my batteries. Anything by Rilke, Rimbaud, Herbert, Crane, etc
>>
I took the LSAT so long ago it doesn't even seem to matter. Like SATs after one's already received their degree.

Don't go to law school if you got less than 160, though. You don't think like a lawyer and you probably never will; it will be a complete waste of time and money.
>>
>>7427678
How would you describe the way a lawyer thinks?
>>
>>7427742
annoyingly
>>
Raymond carver
>>
the wings of the dove, of course
>>
>>7427742
Since you've read so much about the LSAT and took the exam, I'm sure you've noticed two core elements of the test are issue-spotting and discerning what is or is not relevant.

You may be done with the LSAT, but law schools and bar exams continue to test for just those skills which are necessary for a good LSAT score, usually called IRAC post-LSAT.

http://www.lawnerds.com/guide/irac.html
>>
>>7427797
are you a lawfag?

if so, what advice can you lend on personal statements?
>>
FUCK YOUR SHIT STEVE I DONT GIVE A FUCK WHAT OFFICE YOU WANT
>>
>>7426488
Hey LSAT bro. I took it today too. :^)

How'd you do?
>>
>>7428049
It was strange, had been averaging 150 on practices and could barely finish a section.

Today I flew through it all with time to spare. The games sections were though though. I can't tell you enough how little a shit I care if my employees got their favorite office.
>>
which book helped you guys out most?
>>
>>7428060
Are you talking about the x,y,z preference logic game? I skipped it entirely, so I don't remember the scenario.
>>
I used to have classes with a gay dude who was taking the LSATs and he kept talking to me and asking about my penis in class.

I was pretty honest with him about my penis because I have autism but I think he may have gotten the wrong impression.
>>
>>7428066
Yes, the first 2 questions were piss easy and then the second 2 were just fucking awful.

And then I had a test logic games section that was piss easy after that. It both Pumped my ego up enough to get through the rest of the test, and then now after looking it up, in retrospect, I prob got a worse score.
>>
>>7428084
I think the best I tested on practice tests was 50% in logic games, and I still managed north of 160. If I was able to manage my average in the logic games, and the experimental logical reasoning section was the one I didn't feel as confident in then I think I scored pretty well. If the opposite happened then I think my score could be pretty mediocre. Oh well, guess we'll find out in a month.

But yeah those last two logic games were dick. Hopefully I got a few right in the one I got to (committee question).
>>
>>7428062
If I really did have more than a few days off from work to put my full attention to it what I would do is get ahold of as many practice tests as you could and do one every other day. Go over the answers and see what you did wrong, most game explanations are on youtube.

LSAC books are good for massive numbers of physical tests I didn't get to in time, but their books that explain the way to take the test are very dense and focus more on theory than practice. I mostly used this 2000 page Kaplan book, that went through everything pretty thoroughly, but it was so long that I ended up having to skip a bunch of it and most likely suffered because of it.
>>
>>7428073
post pics of your penis
>>
>>7427987
Yeah.

Personal statements are almost immaterial. The two things law schools care most about are your LSAT and your GPA. If either one of those are lacking, you could funnel all your attention into your personal statements, but it honestly probably won't make much difference either way.
>>
>>7428094
S-Simon..?
>>
>>7428073
Out of curiosity, just how many questions can one faggot even ask about a dick? I can think of two, maybe three only.
>>
>>7428108
>Which of the following would discredit his argument about your small penis?
>Which argument most similarly imitates your penis?
>Which of the following women most strengthens your penis' argument for being erect in class?
>Which office would you prefer if your penis was in charge of choosing a favorite?

And thats just off the top of my head.
>>
>>7428119
Sorry I asked.
>>
>>7426488
I think in dyslexic. I was wondering why the fuck you had a bunch titled last, I wondered so intensely why they were so varied in shape, size, and color. For what purpose!? Oh wait
>>
File: smug johnny hitler.webm (813 KB, 1912x1072) Image search: [Google]
smug johnny hitler.webm
813 KB, 1912x1072
>took lsat in october with roommate
>roommate pussied out and canceled score
>got a 171, exceeding expectations

He took it again, hoping he does well but man does it feel good.
>>
>>7428091
>>7428084
You can get almost 20 questions wrong and still end up somewhere in the 160's. You can get more than 10 questions wrong and still get something in the 170's.

Don't beat yourselves up over one game or another. The test is bigger than that,
>>
>>7426491
I haven't read a book in years.
Decided to go my university's main library.
Chose Infinite Jest to bring me back based on the reviews of library staff.

What have I gotten myself into?
>>
>>7426488
Stop being a fucking list and read dinner and wake you dipstick
>>
>>7428238
Hahahahaha that autocorrect
>stop being a fucking pussy and read finnegans wake you dipstick
>>
>>7428238
wut
>>
>>7428162
>took it again

He didn't take it the first time. Your shitty grammar makes your "above expectations" score suspect.
>>
>>7428162
>got a 171

Congratulations, fuckface. I took the LSAT today as well and the consensus is that there's going to be a big fucking curve on this one.
>>
>>7428259
>He didn't take it the first time

Are you retarded?
>>
File: smug shrug tommy.jpg (22 KB, 322x294) Image search: [Google]
smug shrug tommy.jpg
22 KB, 322x294
>>7428599
Whatever you have to tell yourself, familia. My applications are all taken care of, it's none of my concern anymore.
>>
>>7427654
>>7427654
Seconded.
>>
Take it easy man, just get a copy of the Atlantic or something
>>
>>7426488
ASOIAF series, some fun light reading
>>
>>7428179
DESU this got me into reading again. I would read 30 pages a day, no more or you'll burn out, and take as long as it takes to get through it
>>
>>7428599
Consensus according to who?
>>
>>7426488
I find that after a long difficult day curling up with a Maugham tale always cools the coils.
>>
Finnigan's Wake.
>>
>>7430577
I burned out after about 200 pages, about a week in. I had other, more immediately interesting books. Infinite Jest is just too damn fluffy. I can't stand his meaningless prose, and those godforsaken footnotes. I don't think the book's for me.

The only people I've met in real life who really like IJ are the biggest wannabee intellectual types ever. You have to be dull (read: delusional) to really read something like that cover to cover and find it life-changing.

DFW was a genius, though, and some of his other work is good.
>>
>>7426488
I took the LSAT, what you want after you've taken it isn't a book, it's a mindless action movie or something where your mind has to do absolutely no work. If you must read, choose something simple in a genre you like.
>>
>>7431505
damn anon its ok not to like a book, you dont have to shit on people who do pleb
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.