[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have no attention span for reading anymore but wanna ease back
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 1449293155833.jpg (124 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
1449293155833.jpg
124 KB, 640x800
I have no attention span for reading anymore but wanna ease back into it. If I start a long novel I know I won't finish it and lose focus/interest, I just want something that I can easily pick up without investing myself for more than a few pages until I get used to the habit of daily reading. So I'm mostly looking for short stories, essays, poetry, diaries or conversations.

I just picked up Ficciones, conversation book with Orson Welles (My Lunches With Orson), Montaigne's essays, some Rimbaud poems and Kafka's diaries.

What would lit recommend for lazy readers?

Latina whore slightly related to Borges I guess.
>>
buump
>>
read the sticky. poetry, novellas, short story, play sections

sage
>>
Stoner got me back into reading a while back. It's not very long at all.
>>
read a history book, a school or university textbook would work, you can read small segments and such

thats how I restored my reading ability
>>
>>7425302
Don't see poetry in the sticky
>>
>>7425428
look harder
>>
File: 81nGcMhUcfL._SL1500_.jpg (239 KB, 990x1500) Image search: [Google]
81nGcMhUcfL._SL1500_.jpg
239 KB, 990x1500
>>7424118
IMO don't go to poetry ... poetry is actually one of the hardest because you really have to think, even if it is short. I've been in your position anon and I tried reading Neruda and it would fry my brain for the rest of the day after reading it for like half an hour.

I'd recommend pic related. It's a novel, but it's very engaging reading, very action packed, it really sucks you into it. Personally for me those are the easiest books to get into. It's also very well written. The key is to find shit that's well written, even if it's a novel, since it really helps with the ease of reading and paying attention. Norman Mailer has a good book of essays called "Mind of an Outlaw" which are very well written like this. Also his book "The Fight" is good and easy.
>>
>>7426797
Oh yeah, plus there are like 20 books in the Aubrey Maturin series after Master & Commander, also all very good, so there's a great road to keep following if you like the first one.
>>
>thread picture is some anonymous whore
>in a sports stadium no less
>text is a blogpost
>>
>>7426797
Sorry, I keep thinking of more things. Actually, to correct myself, maybe some poetry is good. Check out Bukowski's poetry collections, I found a torrent containing his complete works at some point. His early books "The days run away like wild horses over the hills" and "Mockingbird wish me luck" are great, accessible books of poetry. They are very realistic, well-written, and not so full of metaphor (like Neruda) to make your brain bleed. But I would stress that in my experience this is the exception rather than the rule for most poetry.
>>
File: serve.jpg (60 KB, 736x739) Image search: [Google]
serve.jpg
60 KB, 736x739
>>7424118

Read fast books with an actual plot. Dont' read fucken essays and poems

The Pearl
The Old man and the Sea
The Mysterious Stranger.
>>
>>7426810
That's Veronica Rodriguez you fucking pleb
>>
>>7424118

It should be a bannable offense on /lit/, /g/, and some other boards, to post an image of a woman purely to get attention.

>Latina whore

Go choke on a bag of dicks and then read Woman Hating:
http://radfem.org/dworkin
>>
>>7428546
She's a literal whore though
>>
File: Anton_P_Chekhov.jpg (51 KB, 436x600) Image search: [Google]
Anton_P_Chekhov.jpg
51 KB, 436x600
>>7424118
I just bought an ebup book with all the short stories of Anton Chekhov for a 2 EUR.

Most of the stories are very short (like 2-10 pages) and almost all of them contain entertaining characters and situations.

They are also "fast-paced". Not too much descriptions and almost everything in the stories has some function to the story.
>>
>>7426831
Don't listen to this faggot. Read Essays and poems, force yourself to. That is how you get a better Will to Read, and a Will to Life in general (more-so the former, but still a bit of the latter).

Do you gain muscle mass throwing around 5 pound weights? No, get to work if you truly want it.
>>
>>7424118
The Old Man and the Sea
pretty short novella and bretty gud
>>
>>7424118
Of Mice and Men.
>>
ho look like she straight out the rainforest
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.