[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/lit/, are there literally any films that deal with philosophy well?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 3
File: 1430795916606.gif (500 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1430795916606.gif
500 KB, 400x300
/lit/, are there literally any films that deal with philosophy well?
>>
>>7423141
You already posted it.
>>
>>7423141

i heart huckabees.
>>
What kinda philosophy u want senpai?
>>
>>7423154
fuck my mind up
>>
>>7423141
Waking Life, not that there is a plot.
>>
Tree of Life
>>
File: wittgenstein.jpg (207 KB, 856x482) Image search: [Google]
wittgenstein.jpg
207 KB, 856x482
>>7423160
Say no more
>>
>>7423141
Both Ghosts in The Shell. A Pigeon Sat on A Branch.

I have more, I've just woken up and can't think.

Why is /lit/ been far more shitty than usual this week? A lot of frogposters and /pol/.
>>
>>7423141
Contact/Royal Space Force

They're more or less the same, just Contact has a character who directly states the points the movie's trying to make so you don't get a headache.
>>
>>7423163
not bad but be wary of it being ever stoner's favourite film
>>
>>7423141
Being John Malkovich
>>
>>7423664

War of moderation ongoing at /his/.

/pol/ had taken control, people bitched till mods had to show up, /lit/ was mentioned all over the place as both ally and enemy.

Too much advertisement to undesirables, so lots of traffic.
>>
>>7423141

i heart huckabees has a pretty funny, basic take on nihilism and existentialism
>>
>>7424135
Okay, hopefully they'll understand this place isn't going to accommodate their shitty views. Not because of free speech, but just because they're terrible company.
>>
What philosophy? Try 'The Seventh Seal' or 'The Turin Horse'
>>
>>7424207
>>7424135
>>7423664
Because unlike /lit/ not everybody is a self-described Marxist.
>>
>>7424215
Seventh Seal is absolutely terrible
>>
>>7423141
Kung Fu Panda
>>
>>7424309
Pure ideology.
>>
>>7424302
:^]
>>
>>7424299
But there are literally zero Marxists on /lit/ anymore and they're a joke to most native posters; that's just a shitty /pol/ meme. If we really wanted to generalize, we'd say that about literally half of /pol/ were genuinely racist idiots with affinities to stormfront. At least Marxists might read something other than Mien Kampf and Holocaust infographics, although they're still fucking irritating.

No one dislikes racist jokes here, a lot of the books /lit/ has written are pretty fucking racist - it's just that /pol/'s actual, serious racism goes hand in hand with actual serious idiocy.

And that's why we don't want you idiots here - not because we're afraid of your politics, but because most of you are total morons on the level of /b/ with flags who shit up the place.

I can't stress this enough, but there is literally not a single board which likes /pol/ other than the most delusional people from /pol/. /lit/ hate you, /v/ hate you, /k/ loathe you - it goes on, and it goes on because you are all repugnant retards with no hint of self-awareness or critical thinking, not just in the Stormfront section but really just across your entire shitty board.
>>
>>7424334
they just hate us because they hate our freedoms and because they ain't us
>>
>>7424334
I admire your apologeticism, but even you don't believe what you just typed; /lit/ is extremely bias towards the far-left and deconstructionism, It's the reason why we aren't tolerated on /tg/ any more.
>>
>>7423190
Which film is that?
>>
>>7424356
>why we aren't tolerated on /tg/ any more
Who the fuck cares about that?
>>
>>7424356
Being far left, and understanding or even liking post-structuralist discourse is not equal to being a Marxist and the fact that you don't realize that it's precisely the point he was making.
>>
>>7424362
Wittgenstein by Jarman.
>>
>>7424356
/lit/'s dislike on /tg/ stems from retards pushing their shitty pseudo-intellectual campaigns and crappy humanity fuck yeah stories - and even then, it's a pretty mild dislike: I got a lot of help from them when I was trying to sell my old figurines despite saying I was coming from /lit/.

There's nothing inherently wrong with left or right wing politics -- I really don't see why your flagging that as an issue, even communism or fascism can make basic intellectual arguments, hell some of /lit/'s favorite writers are Heidegger and Pound.

What's wrong with /pol/ is that it's level of discourse is shockingly low, and their racist views are stiffling to any kind of serious discussion. It's why every board reacts tells you to fuck off, because you ruin any kind of debate - not by being necessarily wrong, but by being incredibly stupid and rebuffing any kind of argument with "b-back to reddit".
>>
>>7424369
Clearly /lit/, because you loved to spam their board with hundreds upon hundreds of "Humanity, Fuck Yeah" and invade their Homebrew threads posting "Weird fiction" ideas.

>>7424371
"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it definitely isn't a duck." - You.
>>
>>7424374
thanks

is it full of homolust and aids?
>>
>>7424385
>Clearly /lit/, because you loved to spam their board with hundreds upon hundreds of "Humanity, Fuck Yeah" and invade their Homebrew threads posting "Weird fiction" ideas.
I have never gone on /tg/ and don't give a damn about them.
>>
>>7424385
Honestly answer this question: are you happy with your life? What is your actual situation, do you have any relationships, are you well-educated, and have you ever really made a friend or opened yourself up to other opinions?
>>
>>7424385
Post-structuralism is from the 60s and isn't Marxist
>>
/lit/ is obsessed with /pol/, It's ironically hilarious, they're your SJW Bogeyman.
>>
>>7424397
Look, let's not pretend like this guy has an actual interest in literature.

All the /pol/tards are the same, obnoxious and total pseuds - even for /lit/'s standards.
>>
>>7424399
/pol/ is barely mentioned
>>
>>7424399
see
>>7424383

for why EVERY board hates /pol/ - and /lit/ are no stranger to fascist views, as I've I said, we love the poetry of Ezra Pound.
>>
>>7424405
>/pol/ is barely mentioned
>They're currently three separate threads dedicated to /pol/ active right now
Just fuck already.
>>
>>7424412
I should have put in comparison to SJWs on /pol/. But what thread is dedicated to /pol/? This one isn't dedicated to /pol/ at least. It's more about /lit/, Marxism, /tg/, and /his/.
>>
>>7424409
>>7424334
>/k/
>loathes /pol/
Don't spend much time outside of /lit/ do you? Just last week three /k/ommandos purposely went to disrupt a "Black Lives Matter" protest and ended up shooting several of them, they're in bed.
>>
>>7424423
And then /k/ had a thread lambasting them.
>>
>>7424399
we pretty much only mention it on our posts telling to go back.
>>
>>7424423
/k/ fucking hate /pol/ crossboarders like that, they talk about it all the time.

And I don't know why on earth you'd be proud to associate yourself with a group of actually murderous racists - obviously those people are a minority on /k/.
>>
/lit/, are there figuratively any films that deal with philosophy well?
>>
>>7424385
>"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it definitely isn't a duck." - You.

>proving all the previous posts claiming /pol/ is retarded and non-selfaware

Does it burn to be so stupid? It must.
>>
Why did /pol/ have to shit this thread up too?
>>
>>7424423
Well aren't they cool fellas; vocal minorities are an arse. I pity /k/ for having such a tumour.
>>
>>7424423
On the first page, there is literally a mod sticky that says:

>>>/pol/

Here's a really good article about the deluded retards that make up your board from someone whose not a total sensationalist hack:

http://nymag.com/following/2015/11/inside-pol-4chans-racist-heart.html
>>
>>7424433
Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.
Dogma.
The Matrix.
Pi.
Little Miss Sunshine.
>>
>>7424437
Most art films do. Check the archive, and go on the waruso archive and search Seven Samurai to find the big thread.
>>
also a scanner darkly.
>>
File: 1429234426637.jpg (50 KB, 570x473) Image search: [Google]
1429234426637.jpg
50 KB, 570x473
>/lit/ Isn't obsessed with /pol/!
>A single post victimisating /lit/ and dehumanizating /pol/ derails yet another thread

every time
>>
>>7424465
>victimisating
>dehumanizating
What the fuck?
>>
>>7424465
>/pol/ crossboarders fuck up good boards
>/pol/ crossboarders are told to go away

It's not that hard. If it was an obession, it would be the OP post of entire threads akin to /v/'s SJW scare. Really, it's almost always a passing comment or just >>>/pol/ - until an actual retard jumps in, and is told by the thread to fuck off.
>>
>>7424471
>>7424476
>Why Isn't every board as smart as us, they don't understand!
>The savage barbaric invaders are destroying our cropping ground!
>It's always them, never us!
>>
>>7424465
>victimisating
>dehumanizating
This is why we hate you /pol/. You are fucking idiots that can't be taken seriously.
>>
>>7424476
>gamergate never happened
>SJWs aren't invading video games
look mate, you don't know shit about video games. this is my area of expertise and you do not want to get into an argument with me about it. frankly i have better things to do than red pill a kucked mangina so i will direct you to https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/
>>
>S-Somebody's disagreeing with me, they're obviously from /pol/!
>>
>>7424489
Talk about your gamergate shit on 8gag. /lit/ isn't the place for it.

>>7424484
So are you for increasing the number of refugees and allowing illegal immigration then? :^)
>>
>>7424497
That's not even how this thread went. People tell people to go back to /pol/ if they're shitposting. Just as you put garbage into the bin, we attempt to return shitposters to /pol/.
>>
>>7424484
I'll argue you in your own language:

It's 2015 come on! We should allow idiots into our board, we want more diversity!
>>
>>7424512
>Purge anybody that doesn't agree with me!
>>
>>7424499
>implying there isn't literature about gamegate
sorry bro, but gamergate is a valid topic for this boafd
>>
>>7424522
Fine. Then post a thread about gamergate. I don't give a fuck. It has nothing to do with this thread.
>>
>>7424520
Nope. Keep them out of our borders. They can come here if they act in a civil manner. We do not dislike /pol/ as they are Nazis or whatever, it's because they are obnoxious hooligans.
>>
>>7424526
The guy your responding to it being satirical.

GG is a pretty valid cause, taken over by a lot of morons with bad PR skills however. And a very slanted media.
>>
>>7424535
>Everybody that holds a opinion that upsets my sensibilities is a obnoxious hooligan, hence nobody should be allowed inside my echo chamber!
>>
>>7424547
Why can't you people use English?

OK. I don't care about GG. That has nothing to do with philosophical films.
>>
>>7424520
>we should tolerate blatant idiocy by someone who writes "victimising"

/lit/ isn't your personal hugbox: if you act like a retard, you'll be told to fuck off and play with the children again.

And I noticed you never responded to this:
>>7424393
>>
>>7424562
>There's only two posters in this thread, me and you!
>>
>>7424552
Don't bother replying to /pol/ posters like this one. They will endlessly whine, act emotionally like children, and use logical fallacies. They are too dense to realize this. Be sympathetic to their sensitivities by just ignoring them.
>>
>>7424552
we like a lot of fascist writers who don't happen to be retarded.

but i guess nuance can't be considered when your main form of thought is inforgraphics and greentext
>>
>>7424552
If you don't like something, you have every right to tell them to fuck off. If someone was painting shit on your house, you'd assume they were a a retard and tell them to get fucked. Which is what this entire thread and board is trying to do.

You could tell me to fuck off, and that would be fine too. But the thing is, /lit/ doesn't want you here - and again, I can't stress this enough, it's not because we're offended by your "controversial" opinions, but because of your absolute idiocy.
>>
Stalker.
>>
The films of Alexander Sokurov
>>
End of Evangelion
>>
This thread is fucking cancer.
>>
>>7426710
Why did you bump this dying thread, /pol/eb?
>>
>>7424383
>>7424369
what the fuck does traditional games have to do with anything?
>>
>>7426747
newfag or crossboarder detected

please leave the premises until you've read a book
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.